Pure Blue Japan

midnight

^

Do you possess a personality at all? Are you incapable of forming your own opinions? Have  you no self-indignation? (if so you would recognize how ridiculous your posts sound) Grow a back bone, do some research and pick a pair of jeans. They are going on your legs and you are the one who is paying for them so you decide.

Edited by Rightyow77

@Evry1lovej

not sure about the cutting, but just for your information, PBJ provide fabric for samurai.... and many other Japanese brands, except MOMOTARO, pbj and momotaro are the few who owns and produces fabric for their own. 

I'd like to clear up some confusion relating to this issue.  Some Japanese brands weave their own denim directly, such as Momotaro - that's because (correct me if I'm wrong about this particular case) they started out as a mill and then got into the business of making clothes with denim they already had the capacity to produce themselves.

The way that most of these brands work is that the company is started first, and then they contact mills and factories to get the fabrics and make the clothes.  It's disingenuous to say that PBJ "makes fabric for Samurai" and imply that this makes them superior somehow, as I've seen on this forum and elsewhere before.  It's much easier for a mill to launch its own denim brand than it is for a brand to create its own mill out of thin air, that just doesn't happen.  The normal way is for a brand to contract with companies to make the fabrics and clothes they want.  Neither way is intrinsically better than the other. 

I've seen a PBJ fabric being woven alongside fabrics for other brands by an independent denim mill; I'm not sure if this is the case for all of PBJ's stuff, but they don't make it all by themselves.  Once again, there is nothing wrong with this (I love PBJ's fabrics and think they make a great product; who cares if they own the damn mill or not?)

Ultimately, it's much more important whether or not a brand has DESIGNED the fabric by themselves, rather than if they've woven it without the resources of a third party.  Samurai and PBJ both make awesome fabrics, they might share the mills used for making some of them, but the idea that PBJ makes fabrics for Samurai is unsubstantiated speculation.

Picked up a pair of raw xx-011s. 33. Thighs are tight in these, should have sized up. Amazing denim tho. Anyway, they're up for sale. Apologies in advance for the plug, but shoot me a pm if interested and I'll send you the link (don't want to shit up the thread with classified links).

Edited by dotcomzzz

I bought some 005bk from Gordon and I love these jeans.  I'll get fit pics up soon.  Not really sure how/if to hem these.  It's an odd ass leg.  I might just keep them pooled at the cuff.  Wife tells me it looks like shit and she's a good barometer on this sort of thing.  In a few months there's a 90% chance she will really like everything about it.  So it's a good gamble to just rock it.

My pair is deeper old-stock and plain pocket, no leaf, no cut tab, no coin pocket tab, no anything.  Do any aficianodos know more about this lot period?  I dug deep to find shrinkage info from the era and didn't find much beyond a bitchass tousle about authenticity because there was no leaf lol.   Didn't somebody just recently say everybody wants to pick a fight in the PBJ thread?

****also, if anybody has or knows about a houndstooth denim this jean, more info please!  ie, is it a weave effect or more of a contrived thing?  Any lunk sizes, 34-36, hit me up for a possible sale.

Edited by jyoni

Maybe it's the angle of your photos but god damn those look like women's jeans post wash. I prefer the way the bottom half of your jeans looked pre-soak and the top part of your jeans post-soaked. The taper just looks way to extreme for my liking, to each his own though

You know, it's been said before but I'm extremely bummed about my new 007s. The big leg opening makes them look like they taper with my thigh then flare out. It really bums me out. Giving knee down a third hot soak to hopefully bring in more from 8.75 otherwise they're going for sale or trade :(

Well, if I decide to hem... TdN is the only one in NL that offers chainstitch hemming. Don't know how much it will cost, though...

Nice fit, M1stral!

TdN does offer chainstich hemming, but is not the only one in the Netherlands. The Denham store also does chainstitching, and I think Benzak also has got an Union Special.

Hey all.

There are my PBJs 007s after 8 wears.  I bought them once washed.  Ehhhh, their still pretty tight in the top block (esp around the pocket area when i sit) but the thighs are more bearable than on day 1.  Do you guys have any thoughts on whether or not these continue to stretch?  I'm thinking about giving them about 30 wears before making any decisions, but I hope I didn't overestimate the stretchage.

BWCKI87h.jpg

8CTDrv7h.jpg

Hey all.

There are my PBJs 007s after 8 wears. I bought them once washed. Ehhhh, their still pretty tight in the top block (esp around the pocket area when i sit) but the thighs are more bearable than on day 1. Do you guys have any thoughts on whether or not these continue to stretch? I'm thinking about giving them about 30 wears before making any decisions, but I hope I didn't overestimate the stretchage.

BWCKI87h.jpg

I wore mine hard for a week straight and they loosened up quite a bit. Almost to raw measurments

8CTDrv7h.jpg

Cool -- thanks for the input.  Mine are still smaller than the raw measurements on big, so i'll keep at it. 

i did a super hot wash and my thigh shrunk down to 11.5 and waist to 33.5 i wore them for a week and im back to 12.25 thigh and 35 waist =]

I just got these xx-012's about a week ago. I did a 30min hot soak and I still have some room in the waist. Here's the fit pics.... You guys think another soak would be a good idea? I think they fit pretty well already and I always wear a belt so they aren't going to fall off. They were a 34 and I normally wear a 33 so I feel like I should get more shrinking out of the way so my fades don't move so much when I give them a wash.

jRSgtqPh.jpg

vVjYBKCh.jpg

AL9WAhZh.jpg

I just got these xx-012's about a week ago. I did a 30min hot soak and I still have some room in the waist. Here's the fit pics.... You guys think another soak would be a good idea? I think they fit pretty well already and I always wear a belt so they aren't going to fall off. They were a 34 and I normally wear a 33 so I feel like I should get more shrinking out of the way so my fades don't move so much when I give them a wash.

jRSgtqPh.jpg

vVjYBKCh.jpg

AL9WAhZh.jpg

Mine took two hot soaks and drying in the drier to get the shrinks out. I own 007s tapered to the 12 measurements in tag 33