Pure Blue Japan

midnight

I just decided these will be my substitute pair in case my HDC pair doesn't make it to me. Been on the fence for too long. Does anybody know japanese sources for non-wash models? and-japan had them, but they won't bring them back as it seems.

http://www.okayamadenim.com/collections/pure-blue-japan

not sure if this fits the bill, also I've never purchased from them so can't comment on that.

I just decided these will be my substitute pair in case my HDC pair doesn't make it to me. Been on the fence for too long. Does anybody know japanese sources for non-wash models? and-japan had them, but they won't bring them back as it seems.

Dude at and-japan kanako what's his name told me the raw xx-011 would be restocked in April. Still on the fence about o/w lol. Dunno about other models tho and this was all before the site maintenance happened so ymmv.

I'm currently wearing Naked & Famous Weird Guys and I'm looking to get XX-012s as they are both roomier in the thigh, with taper past the knee. The relevant measurements are as follows:

http://i.imgur.com/Jxjja7c.png

The N&F waist has stretched quite a bit to 34"(which is now a bit loose), and it's a little roomier in the seat than I'd like.

I'm assuming the size 31 (XX-012) waist will stretch out to ~32.5 (which would be pretty perfect). Also, should I be sizing myself based off the One-Wash chart if I'm planning on getting raw jeans and pre-soaking myself? Any sizing advice/input would be greatly appreciated; I can also provide fit pics of my current denim if it'd help. Thanks in advance!

@ethics - based on my experience (raw 007's) and the fact that you're a 32.5 waist, I'm gonna say you'd be better off with a size 32. If you like your jeans super tight, and your thighs are relatively slim, you could maybe get away with the 31's (definitely wear 'em while soaking!), but just for reference, my ideal jean size is about 31.5 and I feel like I got a perfect fit (form-fitting, but not suffocating) with the 31's (and my thighs are not very big).

Bored on a thursday night. So, heres some shots of my 005s. Got em raw, they're 3 1/3 years old now. Wore them almost everyday for the first 2 years after a hot soak on day one. Machine washed once after the first 2 years. Machine washed all the time now. They've been repaired multiple times, crotch a few times, seat, back pocket.

image_2.jpegimage_3.jpegimage_5.jpegimage_4.jpeg

Edited by Oktobr

oktobr - those look great. But prolly wouldn't have had so many blow outs if you washed 'em a few times during those first two years...

I probably should've added that I gently hand washed them during the first 2 years in a bucket with samurai soap from BiG about 4 times. Not sure if that really did anything to aid the fading or blow outs. Honestly, I think they were just a bit small in the thigh. And I never held back from doing anything cuz I was wearing jeans. So I played pick up games of futsal, basketball, and anything else that life threw at me; I did it, in these jeans. I'm sure these things could give a forensic analyst a heart attack if they were a piece of evidence. They've had more blood, sweat, tears, and who the hell knows what on them. Haha

Edited by Oktobr

A few fit pics of the xx-013 in 28 OW. As a skinny dude with a tiny waist, I sized them according to how the top block fit. I once had a pair of the xx-013 in 29 OW where the butt stretched out way too much and became quite unflattering while the thighs remained relatively tight. That prompted me to sell them. I hope to see just a little bit of stretching in the thighs after wearing them longer (They've had less than 3 weeks of real wear).

8605814607_5a369bc49c_c.jpg8606919000_236c28256e_c.jpg

I hate to be the one to echo what I'm sure is repeated on every single raw denim forum in existence, but does anyone have post-wash waist measurements on the 24oz in size 28 or 29? I'd prefer 28 for a slimmer cut but I'm worried I'll strangle myself after I shrink them down.

I hate to be the one to echo what I'm sure is repeated on every single raw denim forum in existence, but does anyone have post-wash waist measurements on the 24oz in size 28 or 29? I'd prefer 28 for a slimmer cut but I'm worried I'll strangle myself after I shrink them down.

Mine's size 29 and waist measurement is 30".

It's been worn ~6.5 months, hot soaked quite a few times, but never machine washed.

I'd suggest taking true to size, as the waist doesn't seem to stretch at all.