Pure Blue Japan

midnight

How much did you taper them man, that looks ridiculously good.

Im in the same boat as you, used to skinnier denim and now Ive got a pair of 710s that are baggier. I thought that maybe after the first wash they would shrink up but, no luck. So im looking to get them tapered

i have fat thighs as well and my jeans used to always rip..... until i started washing them more often.

Now they rarely rip, and when they do its small and always happens after at least a year.

washing/soaking really strengthens the denim and can help avoid rips (and it wont mess up your fades, just use cold water with minimum agitation if you really want to hold on to the indigo)

My washer must suck. Two of the three times I put my 13s through the wash, they came out with tears in places I didn't even realize were all that thin. The crotch has 3 patches now, the seams have fallen out all over the places, the right front pocket is falling out, the hems are massively torn on the fold spot, the back pockets are beat, and the back of the seat above the pockets massively blew out last time in the wash. Looks like it'll be easy to be fully commit to wearing my upcoming Samurai 19oz 710s everyday in the HWDC round 2. :)

Just bought my first pair of PBJs, size 33 O/W xx-013 from BiG. As of now, they are pretty snug in the thighs, just a little more tight than I'd prefer. Hopefully they will stretch to fit better. Anyone know if and how much they will stretch?

Here are some pics, will upload evo pics in time:

LSPKTtA.jpg

pPKNWhN.jpg

vLToHR7.jpg

xvHVpGz.jpg

oT6rYCb.jpg

RLqSFrO.jpg

WTqyHiZ.jpg

^aren't they supposed to look the same? just some crinkles here and there? Or did I miss something

that's what i'm wondering. will they ACTUALLY not fade? will they look the same as they day i bought them? Which is why i was hoping somebody who had them could chime in. A reasonable concern resulting in a reasonable question.

Naw man, I hear the no fade blacks actually get sicker fadez than the DiorxEternal collab!

I can't believe your brain thought this was actually a clever thing to say.

are you certain that they don't? do you have a pair? has someone said something to you about them? if not, can you shut up please.

I just want to know what owning a pair of these 4 months down the line is going to be like or if i'm better off looking for black twill jeans and your comments are both unhelpful and uninteresting.

Edited by andrewisdope

Ladies, please...

BiGs description of the NCs seems to give a good amount of information. In case you missed it:

NC-011 denim "will still show slight signs of color falling and distress as the cotton wears thin but the color will not fade away to a light Grey or white as is common with most Black warp x weft denims."

There's also the BiG blog that has some information on the indigo NC-005: http://thevitamine.b...hrene-dyed.html

Or if you don't want to read through that, they provided pictures comparing the NC and XX 005 denim after 30 washes and a run in with coarse sand paper:

pbj_nc005_news4.jpg

pbj_nc005_news5.jpg

I assume you can expect similar results with the black dyed denim.

Edited by kenzie

@andrewisdope

you asked a question and ghoul answered it to the best of his knowledge.....

If you are so sure they don't fade, then why ask the question?

And if you are not sure, then you should at least hear what other people have to say, as they may have more knowledge then you do.

Based on your post, it seems you have no real experience with the denim, thus you cannot say wether or not ghoul's comment is "unhelpful and uninteresting."

Edited by rawsnoopy

are you serious. please tell me where ghoul answered any question seriously. did you even read his 2 posts?

I've never bought a pair of these no fade pbjs. Neither has anybody else here which is why i asked a question that nobody but kenzie has attempted to answer. Can you also not talk about denim "experience" like its currency or something to brag about. Both of you joined this forum in 2012 b. i hate the try-hard denim expert attitude that's common with the "less experienced."

Edited by andrewisdope

I actually did not like that the denim did this as i wanted a solid black jean that stayed black. after the wash they became a dull black. So i decided to overdye them myself which restored them back to a dark black. they are once again gaining a shine, which i do prefer to a dull black. sorry no pics.

^I wasn't saying anything about denim experience as currency

I was just saying it looks that you don't have experience with this particular denim, i.e. you haven't handled/ know some one who has a pair

As I do, I could tell you they do fade, very similar to a coated denim but in the reverse order.

Instead of the loosing shine then becoming gray, they gain shine and become gray, though slower than most black denim

They are the closest you'll get to denim that doesn't fade though

If you just wear them to work or something, which is what I did, it'll be a while before you get fades.

Also when washed, shine does reduce.

You have to hand wash because of the indathrene though, that's what they told me at BiG, because if not you will get white marks from friction between the jeans and washer, as slub123 did

btw, just because I joined this forum in 2012 says nothing about my experience, I've been into denim for around 5 years, just only decided to join sufu recently

Edited by rawsnoopy