Pure Blue Japan

midnight

Sorry for the delay. I wanted to wear them a couple of days and let them settle in first.

B2C460E6-09B9-4AAB-A093-876A6ECFE3A5-2673-0000028CF54127E1.jpg

EF669A7C-9C6A-41BB-936B-640870CA7329-2673-0000028CEDE685F8.jpg

This denim has stretched a good bit, as everyone said. I got the raws and I'm just going to wear them raw. The slubbiness and rough texture of the PBJ denim makes my Sugar Cane Hawaiis look and feel smooth by comparison, and some of you probably know how rough the SC Hawaii denim is.

No picture there buddy.

The 007 is a straight cut. And yes, since the denim is unsanforized, if you wear it raw, it will make the fades shift if you wear it a long time before washing it. I'm not planning on washing mine.

Yeah, I thought I might try these Reudi style and wear 'em raw/dry start to finish. The PBJ 007 denim is so interesting, and I hadn't seen where anyone else had tried this (could be wrong). So far, so good. They were super tight at first, but are starting to relax.

lets hope you don't spill anything on them / your crotch funk doesn't become ungodly unbearable.

i've never had a problem with spills, but whenever i get a new pair i always shoot for the 7 or 8 month mark before a wash....

but the funk... when you whiff it as you're tying your shoes... its time.

i don't think an initial soak will change your outcome very much but is a good "safety net" for the unexpected (spills and shit) and the inevitable (stank).

I just got my pair of one wash 32 xx-007, first impressions:

- to put into context, i fit nicely in a nudie slim jim 32, a nice slim fit in a weird guy 31 from naked and famous... but these pair, whoa. I bruised my fingers putting the buttons in the front. Ouch. It hurt lots, but I managed to button all 5 buttons (yes, it's 1 more than N&F).

- very nice thick denim.. and very very very dark indigo. It feels like money.

- when i took it off for the first time, i couldnt even unbutton the last button.. i just had to slip it off my legs. So painful.

- 6 hrs later, i put it on again and this time, it was about 50% easier to put on: buttons popped in nicely and the fit started to loosen up. I'm really starting to like it now a lot more. Just need to wear it for a few more hours to loosen it up like I did with my WG N&F jeans.

can't wait to see how these fade!

pics, d00d.

I'm fiending for 24-007s, but also considering jumping on Samurai 710s.

The fact that the 24 oz are slightly slimmer than the normal 007s (are they slimmer? BiG measurements show significant top block changes) is kinda throwing me off a bit.

Would really like to see fit pics of the 24 ozers a page back as well....

hmm iam confuse about my pbj 007 sizing

i bought a 007 with sz 34 and raw, i bought sz 34 because they said it will be better if TTS in sizing

so when i first soak it, the thigh become a little bit tight and it is okay, but from the knee to leg opening, it's too loose for me

pre soak the Leg opening is 9.25", after soak 8.6"

i dont know why the knee to leg opening is so loooooose, if i down size 1, maybe the thigh will kill me slowly...., and the front rise will kill my nuts too

or i just have to soak the knee to leg opening so it will become smaller?

are there any noticeable differences between PBJ Ladies' and Men's jeans? like thickness of fabric, quality of the hardware, etc? because I absolutely hate baggy cuts, but i really dislike how women's jeans are always thinner and lighter in weight.

Septic, take a look at the 011 or 013 cut. It's tapered unlike the 007. Did you not realize what type of cut the 007 was when you bought them?

You could always take them to the tailor and have them taper your jeans. that would probably be your best bet so you don't have to spend another couple hundred dollars on a new pair

beautiful_FrEaK

LckyChrmsBBoy

i thought the 007's cut was slim straight, for me it is like a straight fit -______-

ohh i wont alter my jeans, it will destroy its original cutting

idk why lot of ppl can get a slim in a 007

maybe i am not used to wearing a slim straight jeans, my first jeans before this was grim tim...

ill post my fit pict later

ty btw

Happy to report I finally cracked and pulled the tigger. After eyeing 007s for a few years now, I finally stopped into BiG before work yesterday and made my denim dreams come true.

I was jonesing for the 24-007 but ultimately went with xx-007s because I felt the regular weight fit better (I actually was a whole size larger in 24-007) and I was worried they'd simply be too hot, even through the winter. The 24 oz denim is absolutely awesome though.

Ika at BiG convinced me to leave the inseam much longer than I wanted, saying the inseam would shrink 2" after the first machine wash. Hopefully picking them up today after they've been hemmed by 6" and I'll throw up some post soak pics in the next day or two.

I'm guessing these bleed a lot?

beautiful_FrEaK

LckyChrmsBBoy

i thought the 007's cut was slim straight, for me it is like a straight fit -______-

ohh i wont alter my jeans, it will destroy its original cutting

idk why lot of ppl can get a slim in a 007

maybe i am not used to wearing a slim straight jeans, my first jeans before this was grim tim...

ill post my fit pict later

ty btw

Hmm very odd, I am a very slim guy and I even felt like it was quite tight all around, especially in the thighs and calves.

And @bestie, let's just say my white shoe heels and socks turned indigo lol.

I see what antiseptic means, I think the cut below the knee is a little fuller than most modern "slim" silhouettes, especially when you consider the thighs are a bit on the small side. Sure, it's a "straight cut" but the knee/hem measurement can be anything as long as their identical and still be a straight cut.

I used boiling water in the bottom block; they're still a bit roomy but overall very close to the fit I had in mind. Pics to follow in a few days. After they air dried all night, I was able to get them to stand up on their own. Too fucking cool. More than a little excited. How much stretching can one expect?