Pure Blue Japan

midnight

also not loving the back pockets but looking good regardless.

it doesnt really look it from your pictures, but are you absurdly skinny or something? those dont look like you sized down one on a cut thats supposed to be killer on the thighs....

005BK raw, size 29. I just got these from BiG, these are post 30 min hot soak. I had the inseam hemmed to 34.5" before soak and they are now 32.5" which is what I wanted for these.

LastRoll-18.jpg

LastRoll-20.jpg

LastRoll-22.jpg

Aside from length, in my true opinion I would like them to be tighter, the hem is like 7.8" which is a lot larger than the measurements for the one wash in the same size. Any idea if these will shrink more with future washes. Also I definitely plan to taper them a bit, should I start tapering right at the knees or above it? Any comments on fit appreciated.

005BK raw, size 29. I just got these from BiG, these are post 30 min hot soak. I had the inseam hemmed to 34.5" before soak and they are now 32.5" which is what I wanted for these.

Aside from length, in my true opinion I would like them to be tighter, the hem is like 7.8" which is a lot larger than the measurements for the one wash in the same size. Any idea if these will shrink more with future washes. Also I definitely plan to taper them a bit, should I start tapering right at the knees or above it? Any comments on fit appreciated.

If you plan on machine washing them, then I would expect them to shrink a little bit more with future washes compared to just one hot soak.

I would also expect the one wash dimensions to be smaller than your raw dimensions after a hot soak, because one wash jeans have been hot washed in an industrial washing machine and then tumble dried in an industrial dryer.

I think your fit looks pretty good as is, but if you want to taper, I would probably wait until after your first machine wash.

Can anyone provide me with proper sizing with the 007 and the 011 if your want a skinny, relatively tight fit.

Thanks

I sized down 2 with my XX-007 one wash, and they are really tight, especially in the hips and thighs. After 2 days of wear, though, they are starting to stretch out and feel and look better.

I sized down 2 with my XX-007 one wash, and they are really tight, especially in the hips and thighs. After 2 days of wear, though, they are starting to stretch out and feel and look better.

I sized up 1 with my XX-011 raw -- I'm a true 31 and went with a 32 -- but I'm pretty sure the norm is to go true to size with these. I just happen to have big calves; a true-to-size, post-soak XX-011 would've squeezed the life out of me below the knees.

I'm not really into the super-skinny look, anyway, so I'm happy with the fit.

I sized up 1 with my XX-011 raw -- I'm a true 31 and went with a 32 -- but I'm pretty sure the norm is to go true to size with these. I just happen to have big calves; a true-to-size, post-soak XX-011 would've squeezed the life out of me below the knees.

I'm not really into the super-skinny look, anyway, so I'm happy with the fit.

I got my xx-011s sized down 2. It was really tight at first and my calves are almost skin tight but it's stretched out now and fits fine, depends how skinny you want it really.

I have small calves though I think...

Which pair would you guys recommend for a skinny fit, 007 or 011, which pair has a better fit and a sicker color.

Thanks!

xx-011s definitely have a better color, and also a skinnier fit. They'll stretch out a lot, you just need to be patient.

I sized down 1 on my 005 and they were really tight in the waist and thighs at first. I wouldn't size down more than one but if you have skinnier thighs and think you can handle it then go for it. Mine were pretty uncomfortably tight for a few weeks though. PBJs do stretch out a lot though so keep that in mind. Mine fit very comfortably now. And like PandaDenim said, 011 is going to be a skinnier fit since they're tapered while the 007 arn't.

I got my xx-011s sized down 2. It was really tight at first and my calves are almost skin tight but it's stretched out now and fits fine, depends how skinny you want it really.

I have small calves though I think...

I think Braid said he'd sized down 2, as well.

The waist wasn't an issue for me as much as the thighs/calves -- especially the calves, since I've never really had much luck with that area stretching out.

I initially sized down one on the 011s and they were impossibly tight. Like I needed 2 more inches to get the waist buttoned (I do have a booty). I went up from 29 to 31but probably could've gone with a 30. The waist is a little big but the fit is nice overall.

I would recommend you go true to size.

Wow, braid, the fit is incredible on those, one of the better of the japanese slim fits being done, today. Never seen that fit before, where can I find them?

Yep, thanks, just did the three seconds of research. :-) Sometimes even the best of us will ask stupid questions, cheers!

P.S. I've never been a huge PBJ fan so I rarely check the thread. Sorry if I'm a bit late on that fit :-)
Yep, thanks, just did the three seconds of research. :-) Sometimes even the best of us will ask stupid questions, cheers!

This guy man. So defensive, 'fraid of that neg.

Update on my 011's. This is my second week of wearing them and loving them so far. The texture of the denim is really amazing. Color isn't accurate as this is a cell phone pic but you get the general idea...

4640675848_f587b1ff48_b.jpg

braid, what's that shirt? the jeans look great.

Update on my 011's. This is my second week of wearing them and loving them so far. The texture of the denim is really amazing. Color isn't accurate as this is a cell phone pic but you get the general idea...

4640675848_f587b1ff48_b.jpg

BEAUTIFUL JEANS, and the fit is great 2. im gonna get myself a pair soon at take5. Braid, would you give any info on the stretch after 2 wks?

This guy man. So defensive, 'fraid of that neg.

I could care less about rep. Just didn't want to see the thread go into a fury over a question, as threads can often do.

update on my 005BK, I went ahead and brought these to a local place I was familiar with and got them tapered from the outseam and ended up with some beefy selvage. When I examined the jeans up close, the sewing on the inseam seems really intricate, and I didn't want to risk it being messed up. They are about 1" smaller all around at the hem, and the tapering was done from the mid thigh down. These are finally ready for wear now :)

Library-2319.jpg

Library-2320.jpg