Pure Blue Japan

midnight

hell yea i'm diggin the fit as well. one wash or raw + soak?

no, its not supposed to be a bootcut, but can look like one when its not stacked alot. I think its because the fit is very slim in the thigh and there's no taper at all from the knee down. the extra material tends to go out instead of down when they're new and stiff.

These were the one wash, they didn't have my size in raw but I figured it wasn't that big of a deal. And there's some fabric that hasn't quite settled yet, but I did get about 3 inches hemmed when I got them. I'm used to having pairs with a longer inseam and letting them stack, but I'm thinking I'll like this more

have got a pair of brand new and unhemmed XX-013s for sale. check my sig.

received my XX-011s in the mail today. they are 2 sizes down from my true waist but they fit well. more than happy with my purchase. glad i pulled the trigger on these. a word of advice is that they are a lot less roomy in the thighs compared to the XX-013s, so you guys might want to take note of that.

have got a pair of brand new and unhemmed XX-013s for sale. check my sig.

received my XX-011s in the mail today. they are 2 sizes down from my true waist but they fit well. more than happy with my purchase. glad i pulled the trigger on these. a word of advice is that they are a lot less roomy in the thighs compared to the XX-013s, so you guys might want to take note of that.

Aren't they the exact same cut?

^ if you compare the cut dimensions of the 011 and 013, the 011 do appear to be slightly slimmer in the thigh as well as slightly lower rise. I imagine they're the same from the knee down though.
will the xx-011 look ridiculous when sized up 1 even though i am skinny?

i plan to purchase a pair, but don't want to end up with a skinny fit, rather a slim one.

011 has about a half inch taper from knee to hem, while the 013 has a full inch, but 011 [as kid mentioned] slimmer+lower rise. the 013's used the same denim & about the same cut as the 005s__ with a taper that a lot of ppl bin wishing, so no need to stress + spend money on tailor :).

@shoque__ agree w/ braidkid on 011 TTS or stick with sized down 013 if you want a 005 slim fit.

Brownmetallic, do you work at BiG? Reason I ask is what you're saying about the 013 being more tapered than 011 isn't consistent with the measurements on BiG's website. It looks like they both have about half inch taper from knee down.

This is what the BiG blog says about the 013 in comparison to the 005

"We decided to tweak one of their most popular models, the XX-005, with some minor adjustments to the overall fit and detailing, most notably tapering of the straight leg. The front rise was shortened by 1/4" while the back rise was shortened 1/2" and the upper thigh was widened a 1/2" to balance out the top block."

They also changed the stitching up a bit to make it sturdier. I would imagine the 011 is closer to the 005 in construction.

A quarter inch is not that big of a difference in rise, but if you aren't rail thin the 1/2 inch in the thigh and slight taper really makes the 013 cut way more wearable. I could never get with PBJ before the 013 but I've had mine for about 2 months now and absolutely love them.

Seriously considering the XX-013

According to BiG, the size 28 will shrink to a true waist of 29 though so I guess I'll have to size down 1 from my true waist (my waist is 29 and change)

I can tell you that my XX-013s are about 2 sizes bigger than tagged size, even after a cold soak, a hot soak, and a cold machine wash. Mine are tagged 34, but I'm measuring the waist to be 36". I don't normally like to wear my jeans tight, but if I had to do this all over again, I probably would have sized down 2 sizes in this model just to get a regular fit.

They stretch like crazy too, so take that into account as well. It's also really important to take the thigh measurement into consideration, if you size down to get the waist right you may end up with a skin tight fit on your thighs

Seriously considering the XX-013

According to BiG, the size 28 will shrink to a true waist of 29 though so I guess I'll have to size down 1 from my true waist (my waist is 29 and change)

Get them - they're dope.

I went TTS (31) and they're snug, but will stretch a bit i'm sure.

As a comparison...

My Samurai 0500xx 31 are looser

My SDA 103 are tighter

My PBJ 005 are the same, but have wider leg openings.

I could maybe have sized down, but the narrowness of the leg means they still look fairly slim. I have no regrets.

I'm a fan of the 13s as well. They were snug post-wash and stretched out to a nice slim slouchy fit. Don't have any good fitpics i've taken, but this gives you an idea of how they fall.

23460_1261691151808_1515570525_30794162_1540328_n.jpg

TTS (32) no hem, I'm 5'11". going to send them BiG following the third wash (coming up in two weeks. I'm giving them a hot handwash every month or so for denim health+some of the best pairs i've seen are washed monthly) and I'll get them hemmed to a 32 then.

Hello all. Thought I'd throw up some pics of my XX-005's. I have had them for probably a year or so now. They were hot soaked two times and never washed. I don't wear these so often because of another pair of jeans that have taken precedence over them in my rotation, but do wear them about once a week. They are tagged a 33 and measure a 33. The wallet marks are from my Studio D'Artisan short.

Picture3-3.png

Picture4-2.png

Picture5-2.png

Picture6-2.png

Picture7-2.png