Pure Blue Japan

midnight

Just started working on a pair of the Blue in Green branded XX-013s that are manufactured by PBJ. These are a size 34, which is my normal waist size, and they start out pretty loose. I wasn't sure how much they would shrink, so I erred on the side of caution with the STF on them. I gave them a cold soak for about 3 hours, a very hot soak for about an hour and a half, and I machine-washed them on the delicate cycle, allowing full drying and checking the fit in between each step.

Here are pics of them pre-soak:

attachment.php?attachmentid=42129&d=1270603796

attachment.php?attachmentid=42130&d=1270603796

attachment.php?attachmentid=42131&d=1270603796

attachment.php?attachmentid=42132&d=1270603796

I soaked them in the baby's bathtub:

attachment.php?attachmentid=42133&d=1270603796

Post-soak pics:

attachment.php?attachmentid=42134&d=1270603938

attachment.php?attachmentid=42135&d=1270603938

attachment.php?attachmentid=42136&d=1270603938

attachment.php?attachmentid=42137&d=1270603938

I'm going to have to have my wife shoot future fit pics from further away, they are really distorted when it comes to proportions, LOL!

I plan on wearing these full time and hope to post updated pics as time goes by.

commodorewheeler:

i cant believe your jeans went thru the washing process and still look like they are starched as raw.

you should go a bit harder on them on the washing imo. go for the big wash.

and i agree with Baldy, your belt shouldn't be used to hold jeans up.

I think it would be interesting to see the difference in fades compared to a slim/skinny fit

My 005s are looser than his fit, because I bought them when I was a bit chubbier. But the fades turned out AMAZING. It allows for a greater range of movement, so you get much more pronounced fades.

Agreed the 013 look large. They shrink to an inch over tagged size too, even with a few washes. Would suggest a run in the dryer, but additional inseam shrink might be a problem.

I was surprised how 'raw' seeming the 013 stayed even after a soak, wash and then a short dryer spin. Compared to my old 005, these remained much greyer and stiffer. Same denim too.

That said, that fit should improve pretty fast.

dude just has what i call the 'japanese fit'. good. the belt needs work though, to narrow. a 1.5'' wide joint will fill up those loops well, and it need not be $200+, unless you can splurge. a sufu-quality jean needs a sufu quality belt. no offense doc blue but i thought belts were intended originally to hold up a mans trousers. ..

btw has anyone seen the new 'no-fade' pbjs @ BiG?

midnite8 your 007s look great. they've stayed very dark and look awesome. + rep .... info on the belt?

and to salaami: " a sufu=quality jean needs a sufu-quality belt" <-- a very slippery slope argument indeed. then you definitely need sufu-quality shoes and sufu-quality shirts. next thing you know, your daily getup is well into the $500+ area haha. such an addiction.

Guest Midnite8

Ohh, the belt fills up those loops, the waist was just sloppy since I took off the belt and just looped it on the ground and not my waist.

Belt is not true to color, it is a Corter belt. Got it on January, color is much darker, I'll prob post pics up in Belt section soon.

midnite8 your 007s look great. they've stayed very dark and look awesome. + rep .... info on the belt?

and to salaami: " a sufu=quality jean needs a sufu-quality belt" <-- a very slippery slope argument indeed. then you definitely need sufu-quality shoes and sufu-quality shirts. next thing you know, your daily getup is well into the $500+ area haha. such an addiction.

The difference between thick workwear style belts and thick workwear style denim is that everyone and their mom makes the former. You could go to any leather shop, trade show, or probably even a fucking renaissance fair and get a good one for less than $50.

Ohh, the belt fills up those loops, the waist was just sloppy since I took off the belt and just looped it on the ground and not my waist.

Belt is not true to color, it is a Corter belt. Got it on January, color is much darker, I'll prob post pics up in Belt section soon.

i think salaami was talkin' about commodore's belt, your belt is prime. nice 3 month update btw. they look great.

Hey here's some pics from my PBJ-X004 (bootcut)

I'm horrible at taking pictures of these

Bought them decemberish? I wear these and a pair of skulls which are in the pictures

I wear these with some nike airforce ones and I usually double cuff them and tuck the front behind the tongue of the shoe

100_1107.jpg

100_1106.jpg

100_1105.jpg

100_1113.jpg

100_1109.jpg

100_1114.jpg

probably should have hemmed them, but I'm enjoying it

I think they look too big on you, and you might want to do something about the way they fall on your shoes. From those pictures, it looks very unflattering.

By the way, why would you buy a pair of bootcuts if you're thinking about tapering them?

Whoops I meant hemmed

How they fall usually looks a little cleaner, but that's what I wanted when I bought them

I think they look too big on you, and you might want to do something about the way they fall on your shoes. From those pictures, it looks very unflattering.

By the way, why would you buy a pair of bootcuts if you're thinking about tapering them?

Or cuffing them for that matter. I always was under the impression that cuffing was for straight leg denim.