Pure Blue Japan

midnight

What size are these, and how did you size?

I got size 28. My actual waist is somewhere between 31 and 32 inches.

Gave them a hot soak last night for 2 hours, 1 with me in them. They tightened up very nicely and the top block fits great. I think all that's left to do is a warm soak with a little detergent to get rid of some of the starch and shrink them up a little more. If anyone wants, I can post pics later on; gotta go to class now.

Got any pics of your BK's? I've pretty much retired my pair by now, but I have very fond memories.

I posted some in this thread a while back. There's not a lot happening with them just yet, the bk's are stubborn. But I work in retail sales, and it's December, and I'm wearing them every day, so hopefully by January there will be some noticeable progress. I'll post more pics once I see some real fades.

So, I know sizing questions are the devil, but I'm thinking of dropping 200ish dollars on jeans, so I'm rather cautious.

I wear a size 33 SE05BSP. So, I'm thinking either 30 or 31 in the XX-005BKs. All depends on how much they will stretch.

I fit comfortably in 33" of jean waist. What do you guys think?

So, I know sizing questions are the devil, but I'm thinking of dropping 200ish dollars on jeans, so I'm rather cautious.

I wear a size 33 SE05BSP. So, I'm thinking either 30 or 31 in the XX-005BKs. All depends on how much they will stretch.

I fit comfortably in 33" of jean waist. What do you guys think?

If you fit comfortably in size 33 jeans, get 33's. Maybe 32's if you want a slimmer fit. I've always worn jeans tagged at 32 or 33, and I have two pairs of PBJ's with a 32 waist that fit fine.

everytime I see PBJs blacks they seem to be really blue. How would you describe the color in person?

They are definitely black. Well, actually more like a dark charcoal gray. Not blue at all, though. I think it's just the limitations of the cameras taking the pictures, the lighting, and computer monitors in general.

here are some evo pics ca 5.5 months worn almost everyday, couple of warm soaks /w detergent, no washes so far. will probably wash them properly before christmas

frontsuh.jpg

backvz.jpg

this here represents the color best

crotch.jpg

train trackssss

traintracks.jpg

you jus gotta relax after a hard day of being a student ;)

jusrelaxin.jpg

Alright guys, i need some advice. I was looking to get a pair of XX-007s, my true waist is 33 but i have big thighs. How should i size on these bad boys?

go true to size, xx-007's cut is the same as 005, they have slim thigh, the waist would not be a problem, but the thigh does, so I'd say true to size...

hey guys i was wondering

is it worth it to invest in the 007 or just get an 005?

It's a personal preference thing. I have both, and they are both pretty incredible. Same denim and cut, but different look. If you prefer a more classic blue jean look, with contrast stitching, get the 005. If you want something a little different, without contrast stitching which gives them a more monochromatic look (until the fades start) get the 007's. I love both, but personally I slightly prefer the 007's now that they've got decent fades and have been washed a couple of times. Absolutely beautiful denim.

hey guys i was wondering

is it worth it to invest in the 007 or just get an 005?

I have a bunch of different Japanese denim including Samurai, Iron Heart, Sugarcane, Somet and Pure Blue Japan. I bought the 007's TTS size 36. These jeans are very unique and look really nice. The denim is rougher in hand feel then most but very comfortable. I agree with the comments on the thighs and the waist on mine has stretched quite a bit. I cycle a lot so I'm not sure if I could have gone with a 35. The size 36 were a little tight in the waist in the beginning. I also notice the front pocket depth on these jeans is deeper than some others. Have fun with the purchase.