Pure Blue Japan

midnight

Maybe try the XX-009's? I have a pair, and love the fit.

Alright, after a lot of thinking I think i will exchange the 007 for the 009.

How should I size on these?

My waist on mid/high rise is 32. Also, my thighs measure about 23.5"

The 007 was size 33 low rise.

sorry for all the newb questions fellas but:

is there a reason why pbj's are not as popular as other brands?

also, what is their slimmest cut?

Why would you say they aren't as popular as other brands? They're easily one of the top brands I'd say. Correct me if I'm wrong. They're slimmest cut is the 011 which just came out not to long ago. The denim of pbj is quality and priced well.

Guest Midnite8

Cause that forum is mostly for kicks, not denim, mostly shoeheads there so they won't bother with jeans as expensive as their shoes. PBJ might not be as mainstream as Nudie and APC. As for cuts, I'm not quite sure on this but it could compare to Thin Fin or Petite Standards?

@taohansen

did you tapered them? pretty spot on if you want that skinny look, do they look realy purple in real?

when i looked at and tried them on at BiG they really do look purple. Its more of a fuchsia color than purple. I give you credit for wearing them cuz i dont really know if id feel comfortable walking around in those. Good jean for a girl for sure. Looking forward to evo pics.

@taohansen

did you tapered them? pretty spot on if you want that skinny look, do they look realy purple in real?

I didn't taper them. I was concerned about the heavy stacking I had pre-soak but they've evened out since.

You can't tell they're purple in low-light. It's under direct light that the color shows and even then, they're such a dark shade, it's a subtle effect. My friend (the photographer), had to enhance the light post-shot just to get the purple to show.

The plan is to wear them everyday for the next 6 months (at least). I'll try and post photos bi-monthly.

when i looked at and tried them on at BiG they really do look purple. Its more of a fuchsia color than purple. I give you credit for wearing them cuz i dont really know if id feel comfortable walking around in those. Good jean for a girl for sure. Looking forward to evo pics.

Hmmm, I dont think its as bad as people who dont own them think it is IMO. Its like having a pair of 007s with a deep purple hue

I posted a comparison a few pages back with both of them lying side by side. There is a real difference between the 2, but its not like your wearing fuchsia jeans, its like a deep deep blue with a deep purple undertone

And it goes with more then you think, you dont have to wear purple with it to make it look proper. You dont have to be that brave to wear them, just pair them up with some basic tees/kicks and walk like you think they are the dopest shit you have ever worn

People can feel it when your uncomfortable in your clothes IMO, if you wear them like you truly love them, you look that much better. No hate or anything, if its not your style or you will feel uncomfortable dont cop them.

But for those on the fence, they are really an interesting pair of jeans. Not for everyone of course, but I love mine

Naw im not bashing anyone, i was close to getting them bc the fit was super nice but opted for the 007 instead. I still kind of want a pair. Dont know if ill ever man up and grab a pair though haha. They seemed real purple to me in BiG but maybe my memory is off. Ill take your word for it since you own them just saying what i remember when i saw them in person. They truely are unique.

^ Yeah man no worries, you weren't bashing anyone just stating your opinion, I can respect that regardless of whether or not I agree

You cant go wrong with 007s, it is truly some of the finest denim I have ever put on. Mine arent very old but the neon blue looking slub is poking through in some areas, and it looks fantastic

I ordered some xx11s with some of my Christmas funds ( got the last pair of 32s), I will post up some detail pics when I get them

For those wondering about color, check this link: http://shopatsui.blogspot.com/2008/10/introducing-pure-blue-japan.html

It provides clear photos. I've seen and tried on the jeans (in person obviously), and they definitely have a solid purple hue. I, personally, like it, and think its innovative and different. No other denim brand has done something like it. I would feel fine wearing them. As long as one feels comfortable with what they wear, other people will respect them and not mind it.

Cheapest spot to grab a pair of XX-010's? Looking for a W32 or W33. Any help would be much appreciated and +REP will be given.

I just checked the prices from rakuten stores... Blue in Green (blueingreensoho.com) is really your best bet. The prices on the rakuten stores translate, from yen to USD, to about 255 USD. Take5 in HK will have a similar price as BiG, but will the shipping charge will be huge So, with shipping, the inconvenience of time and language, and the risk of having to pay customs, its cost is significantly more than BiG, who charge 275. BiG have a sz.33 in stock ready to ship: http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=2351&category_id=&manufacturer_id=9&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

So here are my fit pics...in my opinion they are a bit tighter than I would have liked...next time I would size up...but yeah, post soak fit of the xx-011.

I am embarrassed of the fape I'm wearing, was lazing around the house. :/

Stiff as hell when they finished drying. Denim is really nice though, and fit is good.

Front.

DSC01019.jpg

Side.

DSC01020.jpg

Back.

DSC01021.jpg

Yup.