Pure Blue Japan

midnight

sm2s, that taper job is proper.

thank you, sir.

I'm not digging the post-taper fit. Looks more like you spliced a skinny and normal fit at the knee.

dunno why it looks like that in the pictures, but it looks a lot better. looks flare-y in the pics.

How much were those tapered? About 2in?

1 in. 7.5"->6.5"

I'm going to post my PBJs at 7 months wear in a couple days. But as I sit here mending endless threads, inside and outside pockets falling off, splits in the seam, and crotch holes I can't help but say this: they are beautiful looking jeans, matched with horrible quality construction. Really frustrating to be mending threads from three separate pockets and a totally collapsed hem after only 7 months of semi-light/casual wear.

i have the same experience as panda, mine hold up perfectly too, except for the wallet issue. threads are still intact, as are the pockets. the hidden rivets are breaking through my back pockets though, and i don't know if i'm going to fix that. also, it looks like all my beltloops are breaking in a month or two. not really a quality issue though, i think my ALD belt is just a little too big for the pbj's.

@ linwe: it doesn't really matter, but i had mine tapered on the inseam because i didn't want them to fuck with the selvage as i like a small cuff.

not high yet. will take a couple more hours.

i am serious though. i think that everybody's forgetting this pair is dyed to the core with natural indigo and doesn't fade like the average pair of 005's. think of them like 45rpm jomons, which take years and years of construction work before showing even the slightest hint of indigo loss.

think of them like 45rpm jomons, which take years and years of construction work before showing even the slightest hint of indigo loss.

hyperbole much?

No doubt that denim material is stubborn as fuck, but I bet you'd see visible wear if they actually were sized correctly and not worn like denim potato sacks.

shit, there aren't even any substantial creases in them and it looks like he's only got lap creases on his right lap...

If those were worn for a year, then they musta been worn as pajamas.

edit: no hate on you lenn, not your jeans - don't kill the messenger ;P

ive heard of the top-notch momotaros and how they only get darker as they fade, but c'mon even of dudes fit wasn't so damn baggy they would show other signs of wear, like the stitching on the back of the jean, and on the pockets. something's up here. no signs of abrasion/crocking whatsoever...