Pure Blue Japan

midnight

does anyone have either the 005/007's and skull 5010XX 6X6's, or know enough to compare the two cuts?

i've read through the entire thread, and some people said the skulls are a lot slimmer, but BIG's measurements for the one wash 005s in size 28 are smaller everywhere than the 28 skulls. in fact, they're smaller or equal in all areas even compared to the measurements of the size 27 skulls (with the exception of the leg opening).

anyone with experience with these that can vouch for BIG's measurements, or were the other people right and the skulls are actually more slim?

does anyone have either the 005/007's and skull 5010XX 6X6's, or know enough to compare the two cuts?

i've read through the entire thread, and some people said the skulls are a lot slimmer, but BIG's measurements for the one wash 005s in size 28 are smaller everywhere than the 28 skulls. in fact, they're smaller or equal in all areas even compared to the measurements of the size 27 skulls (with the exception of the leg opening).

anyone with experience with these that can vouch for BIG's measurements, or were the other people right and the skulls are actually more slim?

At size 28 the two are almost verbatim, but the 005 gets heftier than the 5010 as you go up the charts.

I don't know if everybody is already aware of this, but thought I'd post anyway. I visited Blue in Green today, and the guys over there mentioned that there would be a PBJ 005 Blue in Green collaboration coming out soon. They said that the jean would be a reworked version of the 005, but with a bit of a taper, with a smaller leg opening. Sounds great to me!

I don't know if everybody is already aware of this, but thought I'd post anyway. I visited Blue in Green today, and the guys over there mentioned that there would be a PBJ 005 Blue in Green collaboration coming out soon. They said that the jean would be a reworked version of the 005, but with a bit of a taper, with a smaller leg opening. Sounds great to me!

That's great news. A lot of people were turned off due to the lack of tapering below the knee. It never bothered me, but this'll surely bring in a good deal of customers. PBJ denim is sweet.

size down on pbjs005 or no?

depends on your thighs.

if you have biker/skater thighs, then no.

if you have chicken legs, yes.

the waist will stretch at least 1" if not more. my tagged 32" have now stretched to a 34" waist! but that may be more than most people experience.

i would suspect that if you *needed* the waist to stretch, wetting it and wearing it wet, or using a waistband stretcher would give you all the room you would need.

so if i have big thighs i wont size down?

<facepalm>

ok, let me make this as clear as i can:

i have big thighs. i skate and bike a lot.

i wear a 31 or 32 in most jeans. (31 in uniqlo made in japan, 32 in levis preshrunk 501, 32 in samurai 710)

i got a 32 in PBJ one-wash 008 (they were pretty snug all around) the thighs stretched a bit (.5", .75" maybe) the waist stretched 2"+

now the waist is super big on me so i wear a belt, but the thighs fit well.

go with what will fit your thighs. if the jeans won't fit your thighs it doesn't matter how well the waist fits cause you won't get them over your thighs.

now if you have skinny thighs then this won't matter as much.

so wait, one of my thighs is about 60" around and the other is about 12" around and my waist is 28" and I want 4" leg openings. What size should I get?

"you must spread more reputation around before you can give it to blm14 again"