Pure Blue Japan

midnight

OOh so they shrunk alot, which is good! probably will soak again while I find a tailor to taper and hem these babies! (I'd like them abit slimmer and to remove the excess fabric under the butt and in the length)

Denim is still stiff as hell (turning these inside out is a 5 minute ordeal lol), still can't do up one of the middle buttons in the fly and I'm still not use to the extra fabric where the balls should be... it bunches!! haha

But all in all i'm pretty happy! Purple Jawns! \o/

Postsoak-006.jpg

Postsoak-005.jpg

edit: ^ goodness that's such an unflattering fit in the ass atm! ^

OOh so they shrunk alot, which is good! probably will soak again while I find a tailor to taper and hem these babies! (I'd like them abit slimmer and to remove the excess fabric under the butt and in the length)

Denim is still stiff as hell (turning these inside out is a 5 minute ordeal lol), still can't do up one of the middle buttons in the fly and I'm still not use to the extra fabric where the balls should be... it bunches!! haha

Postsoak-006.jpg

Postsoak-005.jpg

Linwe you should do a proper wash to get rid of the starch, otherwise the denim could be damaged over time as you wear them. This happened to some 005's of mine. Besides, you want to have all the shrinking out of the way before you have them altered to avoid weird/inconsistent fades.

Postsoak-006.jpg

Postsoak-005.jpg

edit: ^ goodness that's such an unflattering fit in the ass atm! ^

Looks better! Wear them everyday for a week or so then do another super hot 2hr soak. Then wear them again for at least another week before handing them to the tailor. I really hope you have a good tailor!

BTW, the fit in the butt isn't that bad and if you don't put anything in those back pockets, you'll probably have some really interesting looking ass whiskers!

Enjoy!

don't worry about that. the buttons will eventually come around hehe it took me a couple of days until i could do all the buttons. now after the first week of wear it's no problem at all

i'm considering a taper too because the jeans don't look very flattering from the knee down

so if i put them in very hot water (tap + boiling) from, let's say knee down, would they still shrink a bit? i would like to try that out first before i take them to a tailor but maybe someone can give some insight to this.

So does anyone have any fit pics/experiences with the 009?

Right now Im rocking samurai s0500's and they fit fantastic. I'm looking for something that fits similar, and I'm in love with the 007 denim.

The 007s are a good choice if you size correctly, the 009s might be too baggy compared to the s0500s.

Just go true to size, don't size down for a more relaxed fit.

The 007s are a good choice if you size correctly, the 009s might be too baggy compared to the s0500s.

Just go true to size, don't size down for a more relaxed fit.

I do have pretty muscular thighs though. I know I dont fit into samurai 710s or Skull 5010xx's. Are the 007's less slim than these two fits?

Are the skulls really noticeably slimmer? The measurements are almost verbatim.

A B S O L U T E L Y

own both in the same tagged size. waist on the 007 is the only thing 'slimmer' than the skulls. all the rest - skull wins the contest, noticeably!

A B S O L U T E L Y

own both in the same tagged size. waist on the 007 is the only thing 'slimmer' than the skulls. all the rest - skull wins the contest, noticeably!

Would you say the BiG measurements are off? Cause the only real difference seems to be how they taper, the hems and thighs are identical. You didn't happen to buy raw and shrink them yourself did you?

so if i put them in very hot water (tap + boiling) from, let's say knee down, would they still shrink a bit? i would like to try that out first before i take them to a tailor but maybe someone can give some insight to this.

That would have an effect, but maybe not enough. Wouldn't hurt to try.

Would you say the BiG measurements are off? Cause the only real difference seems to be how they taper, the hems and thighs are identical. You didn't happen to buy raw and shrink them yourself did you?

bought both raw - and sharnk both of them.

no effect on the sanforized denim of the skull, but on the 007.

i am comparing them in the state after hot soaking them.

yesterday i tried a small experiment with my 007s.

i wanted to shrink the leg openings a bit so i took a large bucket filled it half with hot tab water, then i took my moms largest pot and set some water on the stove. i got impatient and took the water off before it started boiling. added the hot water to the tab and put my 007s in them up to just below the knees.

well the water turned really yellow but not much else happened. the didn't shrink any more than they already had after my initial hot soak. though it fixed some of the fit problems i had with them. they now stack a lot nicer on my shoes. will post fit pix tonight

reading this thread sure makes me want to have the PBJ i ordered arrive faster.

has anyone ordered PBJ from Hide lately and experiencing same thing as me? apparently, there is a shortage of PBJ in Japn right now, the manufacturer is not making enough than rate being sold. so i really don't have an idea when mine are arriving.

i just had them on top of each other (5010XX vs XX007 size tagged 36), here is the deal:

- waist: same

- below waist to upper thigh: 007 has more hip flare

- down to knee: 0.5" measured flat (so 1" more)

- knee to leg opening: 1" (so 2" more)

- leg opening: 1.5" (so 3" (!) more)

i hope you get the picture from those measurements!

both of them are already soaked in hot water twice!

Oh, I didn't realize you were talking about a 36" waist. PBJ's slims definitely grow a bit faster than Skull's as you move up in size, I'm just an idiot that didn't read all the way up the chart.

Man, I was reading people complaining about the (lack of) slimness in the PBJs and wondering how the hell mine ended up fitting skinny without even sizing down.