How do Mission Work shop messenger bags hold up when compared to ACRNM 3A?

Never had an ACRNM bag...but ive had 3 MW Vandals. 

2 have had zipper failure.  The first time the track ripped, the second time the zipper came off track on one side. 

They gave me a new bag the first time, and the second time sent me a bag they had laying around that was repaired for other reasons (looked new).

The zipper thing was really annoying to me, but ive never heard of anyone else having these issues. 

and they replaced my bags w/o question.

Still love my bag and probably wouldnt replace it w/ anything else since I actually need all that space and beat it up everyday.

Edited by jilla82

Urbantech aficionados, need your expertise...!

Temperature is dropping, winter is coming. As winters are very cold, where I am, I need some warm, longer jacket or coat. Down, primaloft or sth comparable would work nicely. Any recommendations under the aspects of "urban techwear aesthetics"??

cheers!

Howabout a good top shell with perhaps a insulator under, choose from the selection of outers mentioned on these pages but perhaps insulate yourelf with something really good under - something light, and warm.

I love the Mountain Hardwear ghost whisperer down myself, you will not find anything lighter or warmer out there, and I love the look of it.

might not be to everyone's taste but works for me.

Isaora items at a decent if not great price? Odd. Haha, either way I'll wait for the inevitable sale and grab a ton of the henleys.

I do appreciate they did a round hem which a lot of folks don't do. I think it looks way better.

When do their sales normally happen?

Im sold on Merino.  Ive worn a Nau merino henley while doing some serious cycling for 3 days and it still smells fresh.

Howabout a good top shell with perhaps a insulator under, choose from the selection of outers mentioned on these pages but perhaps insulate yourelf with something really good under - something light, and warm.

I've considered that as well, however would prefer something that can be connected, zipped in or sth like that, so I can wear it as one piece or separately. Shadow Project offers insulation layers that can be fixed with buttons, but I don't like how the front cannot be fixed to the jackets. Cheers for the tip on the Ghost Whisperer, might check that out.

Urbantech aficionados, need your expertise...!

Temperature is dropping, winter is coming. As winters are very cold, where I am, I need some warm, longer jacket or coat. Down, primaloft or sth comparable would work nicely. Any recommendations under the aspects of "urban techwear aesthetics"??

cheers!

What's your budget? For three-season versatility not much beats a merino sweater/arc'teryx atom lt coreloft midlayer/arc'teryx goretexshell trifecta of adaptable awesomeness.

What's your budget? For three-season versatility not much beats a merino sweater/arc'teryx atom lt coreloft midlayer/arc'teryx goretexshell trifecta of adaptable awesomeness.

Thanks, looks like it's the option that makes most sense. Do you know if the Arc'tery insulation is interconnectable with their shells? Corporate website doesn't give much info

As much as I am sold on Merino, I gave found out that I like a little polyamide in it. The brand I have been using for the last couple of years has it and it makes it washable on 30 degree cycles and retain it's original shape..

The 100% Merino have to go on wool wash and dry flat etc... Do like the IO henley with the different direction of weave of the placket. 

As much as I am sold on Merino, I gave found out that I like a little polyamide in it. The brand I have been using for the last couple of years has it and it makes it washable on 30 degree cycles and retain it's original shape..

The 100% Merino have to go on wool wash and dry flat etc... Do like the IO henley with the different direction of weave of the placket. 

which brand are you refering to? Most of my merino is icebreaker and is 100% merino. I always wash it in a normal 30 or 40 degrees cycle and I hang them to dry (as they recommend doing). They keep the shape perfectly but I've noticed tiny holes appearing on some of the tshirts after about 2 years. I'm not totally sure if it's moths or the washing process but I think that they are just not durable enough. Now, after reading the instructions of my washing machine,  I'm doing a 30 delicate wash (almost no spinning cycle) but I still hang them. The only thing I dry flat are outlier pants.

BTW, since we are talking about merino, the merino/co shirt from outlier is incredibly awesome. Definitely the best shirt I have and in another league compared to other merino shirts like icebreaker that hang awfully. It doesn't have that much merino in it and it's not too soft but they got the mix of cotton/merino just right, it regulates heat perfectly, haven't sweated with it yet and after getting completely drenched today it dried very fast. It also doesn't wrinkle and after 4 days of wear it still doesn't smell or need washing (I normally wash my shirts after one or two wears). Expensive but I think it's justified.

Edited by deadsunrise

which brand are you refering to? Most of my merino is icebreaker and is 100% merino. I always wash it in a normal 30 or 40 degrees cycle and I hang them to dry (as they recommend doing). They keep the shape perfectly but I've noticed tiny holes appearing on some of the tshirts after about 2 years. I'm not totally sure if it's moths or the washing process but I think that they are just not durable enough. Now, after reading the instructions of my washing machine,  I'm doing a 30 delicate wash (almost no spinning cycle) but I still hang them. The only thing I dry flat are outlier pants.

BTW, since we are talking about merino, the merino/co shirt from outlier is incredibly awesome. Definitely the best shirt I have and in another league compared to other merino shirts like icebreaker that hang awfully. It doesn't have that much merino in it and it's not too soft but they got the mix of cotton/merino just right, it regulates heat perfectly, haven't sweated with it yet and after getting completely drenched today it dried very fast. It also doesn't wrinkle and after 4 days of wear it still doesn't smell or need washing (I normally wash my shirts after one or two wears). Expensive but I think it's justified.

I use a european surf companies merino.

It is called Finisterre..http://www.finisterreuk.com.

any input on down jackets?  i've tried synthetics in the past but haven't had much luck with them.. 

aside from some jackets from moncler, herno, stone island, cp company.. any other companies with a less technical more urban aesthetic?  

Aspesi?? http://www.aspesi.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-Aspesi-EU-Site/it_IT/Default-Start?gclid=CN6clqSYkboCFTGWtAod0hgAcg

That's the first one to spring to my mind that hasn't been named here a lot..

any input on down jackets?  i've tried synthetics in the past but haven't had much luck with them.. 

aside from some jackets from moncler, herno, stone island, cp company.. any other companies with a less technical more urban aesthetic?  

Nau has some pretty decent stuff that almost always goes on sale.

The ISAORA Collection | Fall Winter 13—14 is online.

Also new, an "essentials" line with iO insulated shirt, iO fleece, iO knitwear and iO merino  :o

i wanted to get and 3L technical riding shell last season and slept on it forever, even when it dropped to like 60% up until they didn't have my size (S) anymore and have been hating myself ever since. i HATE the white zip on the new shell, wish they still went with an all black, it's really the perfect jacket for me.... back to looking a black shell i guess...