bought pair of the adidas shoes last year in local outlet for 36usd in black/green.

adidas-boat-cc-lace-08.jpg

my primary usage is taking the dog retrieve in the water. the shoes are awesome, don't get mistaken by the look they are very sturdy. i have used them for climbing small rocks and jumping. there is a wire mesh in the sole of the shoe.

note that there are two same looking adidas trainers available but one pair does not come with the vents in the sole, so just make sure you have the ones for watersports. also i would recommend sizing up compared to your originals size. at least it worked for me since my feet are pretty wide and i can't wear most slip-ons. the lenght is good too.

last but not least i just copped a pair of puma archive bolt lite low trainers. (proper name for mesh clydes:D)

352988-03-overview1.jpg?1331571152

and they are super comfortable with 125g single shoe weight (whole pair weights the same as one nike free run 2s). they have eva outsole which is only downside of them, because i think it will wore down pretty soon and it's really slippery on some surfaces and noisy on others.

spring/summer trainers report out.

Edited by danii

thanks for the input - the material should be water and wind proof. i'm looking for a windbreaker where i can just layer underneath according to the temperature. the softshells are usually too warm imo

the jacket also needs to have a hood. i hate having wet hair

kinda like this

http://www.arcteryx..../Squamish-Hoody

this jacket pretty much looks like my tnf with the billowy arms and body. not what i'm looking for. thanks anyway

did you ever come to an agreeable solution? i'm in the same boat atm.

narrowed it down to:

patagonia rain shadow (last season's colourway is better ie. plain)

patagonia houdini

arc'tyrex squamish

on specs alone i'm leaning toward the squamish even though it's not waterproof, but i can't try it on in sydney so may just go with the houdini.

did you ever come to an agreeable solution? i'm in the same boat atm.

narrowed it down to:

patagonia rain shadow (last season's colourway is better ie. plain)

patagonia houdini

arc'tyrex squamish

on specs alone i'm leaning toward the squamish even though it's not waterproof, but i can't try it on in sydney so may just go with the houdini.

The houdini isn't waterproof either, and personally i would never buy a 2.5 layer jacket like the rain shadow, as I have seen enough 2.5 layer construction membranes being worn out very quickly. Also, I wouldn't wear a waterproof jacket if it wasn't raining, there's just no point in it. you'll only end up getting wet from the condensation that builds up inside the jacket. Just go for something windproof that doesn't use a membrane. i like ventile or etaproof jackets, but they are usually a lot more expensive than whatever synthetic fabrics Patagonia or the north face are using.

The squamish is a great jacket, but it's made of a rather stiff fabric that makes a lot of noise. It won't be waterproof at all, but if it gets wet it'll dry quickly.

It's Pertex, not sure what the face fabric is. The brown/beige colourway is look 27 on the runway show (http://whitemountain...g.com/main.html)

Unorthodox choice: this uniqlo blouson may have a water resistant coating. I have a bomber in what looks like a similar material and it keeps off the showers:

09_072088.jpg

so no one jumped on this? picked one up on promotion. will try and remember to post proper fit photo. the compositon is polyester fwiw...was looking for a basic jacket to wear on/off to work. hope it is also light enough for the current S/S season in nor cal

arcteryx Beta AR, Alpha SL or veilance deploy composite?

Depends on the look you wantand what you will be using it for.

The regular Arc jackets are bulkier in shape but are made with more hiking in mind.

The Deploy is a simple sharp cut jacket where your friends are gonna say that much??

Let them, my long coat and field jackets have kept my dry and them soaked

The Beta has a heavier fabric in accordance to the Alpha.

The Deploy handled the same as the Beta although it could be a different weight.

I wanted a Deploy this year but I didn't because of the sleeve length and closures. It didn't keep the weight of the sleeve up as I have short arms and am a bit bulky.. So it has to fit.

Have you looked into a sidewinder ? That's what I went for instead of the deploy...

arcteryx Beta AR, Alpha SL or veilance deploy composite?

Three very different jackets made of different materials.

Beta AR - GT Pro Shell - waterproof, hard and durable, jacket for some serious outdoor activities

Alpha SL - GT Paclite - waterproof, very lightweight hiking jacket

Deploy composite - GT Windstopper (partial) - (not waterproof), windproof, sleek urban jacket

I wouldn't buy Sidewinder for city wear, it's quite long and meant for snowsports.

You might consider Consular jacket, it's gore-tex, good looking for city use and cheap.

Edited by Brainboy

Three very different jackets made of different materials.

Beta AR - GT Pro Shell - waterproof, hard and durable, jacket for some serious outdoor activities

Alpha SL - GT Paclite - waterproof, very lightweight hiking jacket

Deploy composite - GT Windstopper (partial) - (not waterproof), windproof, sleek urban jacket

I wouldn't buy Sidewinder for city wear, it's quite long and meant for snowsports.

You might consider Consular jacket, it's gore-tex, good looking for city use and cheap.

what's been your experience with PacLite? I went and tried on the Beta AR and the sleeves were really long on me. I'm a 5'7" powerlifter, so its an odd frame. I'm looking for something waist length and the consular looks nice too

The fishtail nike tom sachs jacket is pretty nice. can't see the price but i'm sure it's going to be too much

edit: found the price. not a bad price, but thought the periodic table would be printed on the outside, so not as good.

Edited by wahwho11

veilance insulated shell too :)

what's been your experience with PacLite? I went and tried on the Beta AR and the sleeves were really long on me. I'm a 5'7" powerlifter, so its an odd frame. I'm looking for something waist length and the consular looks nice too

Well, the Paclite is really light and packable, but the carbon coating inside may feel a bit cold on naked skin.

I usualy prefer ProShell or Performance shell for better comfort.

Edited by Brainboy

so no one jumped on this? picked one up on promotion. will try and remember to post proper fit photo. the compositon is polyester fwiw...was looking for a basic jacket to wear on/off to work. hope it is also light enough for the current S/S season in nor cal

Got some photos. Going to try and exchange for a small though. Photoed is an XS

7246412476_3824bbf3e4_z.jpg

7246412838_8833f171eb_z.jpg

Prelimiary photos as I am returning for TTS. Photoed is an XS and though no movement is restricted upon wear aside from a little when zipped up, I much prefer a bit more volume. Size down for a fitted look IMO. Overall great jacket, durable as the tag implies, solid ribbing in terms of elasticity (Will stretch overtime IMO or with constant wear, not flimsy). Hidden placket buttons with zipper. Jacket is water repellent tag states, "DURABLE WATER REPELLENT"

Very cool casual jacket that I bought for the only purpose of wearing to the office, but on the weekends, can still throw on when out in the city with some trousers and boots or sneakers

So size up or keep? I don't really close my casual jackets TBH and it is for S/S

IMO, this beats all of UU Spring/Summer collection *kanye shrug*

I tried some Acronym and Arc'teryx Veilance in Berlin last time and now I can't get those stuff out of my head.

The thing that I liked the most was actually a women's trench from Acronym, I realized it afterward. Is there such thing for men ?

l_01.jpg

I tried some Acronym and Arc'teryx Veilance in Berlin last time and now I can't get those stuff out of my head.

The thing that I liked the most was actually a women's trench from Acronym, I realized it afterward. Is there such thing for men ?

Firmament, eh? Great, great shop.

There was a coat for men last season - GT-J18.

eba9bbbe9930b161a4b511320fa80a417f859390_m.jpg

Firmament, eh? Great, great shop.

There was a coat for men last season - GT-J18.

Thanks for the refs.

Great shop indeed. They have some Acronym at the new Andreas Murkudis on Potsdamer Str. as well.

Apologies if this has been covered but whats good for a tech approved winter weight shoe that is fairly waterproof. Comfort is key since it will be my travelling shoe - lots of walking.

edit: when i say winter weight I don't mean anything too crazy, I won't be trekking through snow. just something warmer then a pair of free's or lunars.

Edited by homme.homme