anyone have experience with the SI:SP modular quilted insulator liner or vest?

http://www.firmament...ner_jacket.html

I'm planning to pair it with my aw11 stealth trench - or would it be more worthwhile to go with a light down jacket instead?

Yep - I have several of them and absolutely love them, prob my fave pieces from Shadow - can be worn integrated into the Stealth and add the extra insulating layer and extra warmth around the neck too.

Or as I love to wear them, under the Modular Down vest as a dry cold weather piece with a base layer under.

They look great and for some reason conjure up a sic-fi 'Planet of the Apes' vibe, especially in the burgundy variant.

Warm, comfortable look great and various ways to wear in combo - all winners.

I wear XXL & 3XL and love them -recommended sir.

that looks cool. how warm is it? good for full on winter conditions?

may have been mentioned, but firmament has quite a bit of stuff at 50% off, including some SI shadow, laminar and veilance.

yes, should do for most winter conditions (polartec lined). two handy things - super light and wind/water resistant so can layer it up as needed without feeling bulky and also cuts into the wind chill

Has Devoa been mentioned in this thread yet? It's a bit like tailored techwear. The jodhpur trousers are especially interesting being designed for extended range of motion. Songs for the Mute seem to be moving in this tailored techwear direction as well.

Has Devoa been mentioned in this thread yet? It's a bit like tailored techwear. The jodhpur trousers are especially interesting being designed for extended range of motion. Songs for the Mute seem to be moving in this tailored techwear direction as well.

No they haven't been discussed here, but I agree.

devoa2.jpg

Edited by wahwho11

Damn, the temperature took a plunge the past week (-10 and below) and my outlier shoes+socks combo was unable to handle it. I had to fallback on some thicker icebreakers pairs. Before that though I was loving the outlier socks. They are so simple and sleek I'll keep rotating them well into the spring and summer.

What's the tech there? :huh2: Honest question. I was checking out Devoa but it seemed more fashion than tech.

What's the tech there? :huh2: Honest question. I was checking out Devoa but it seemed more fashion than tech.

While it doesn't employ technical fabrics, it is designed for functional human movement, it is innovative and utilitarian and forward thinking. The details in the pieces are themselves technical. The items I've owned have all been of exceptional durability as well, which is something I look for with brands like Veilance and Outlier. In fact, Daisuke Nishida - the guy who designs Devoa has claimed to have little interest in 'fashion', but is an athlete and ex-medical instructor who designs solely to make pieces that flow with the human anatomy.

- http://scoute.org/creators/devoa

If I'm honest, the more tailored aspects of the clothing aren't that interesting to me - it's that the clothes feel bombproof, are comfortable, that I find myself wearing them on a daily basis and that they look shit hot.

would it be fair to say that aitor throup tries to create clothing in comparison to other designers with greater a emphasis to the anatomical shapes and movement of the human form but from a different perspective from daisuke nishida. almost looking at a similar solution but from different angles.

it would be great to see these two minds come together on a capsule collection.

While it doesn't employ technical fabrics, it is designed for functional human movement, it is innovative and utilitarian and forward thinking. The details in the pieces are themselves technical. The items I've owned have all been of exceptional durability as well, which is something I look for with brands like Veilance and Outlier. In fact, Daisuke Nishida - the guy who designs Devoa has claimed to have little interest in 'fashion', but is an athlete and ex-medical instructor who designs solely to make pieces that flow with the human anatomy.

- http://scoute.org/creators/devoa

If I'm honest, the more tailored aspects of the clothing aren't that interesting to me - it's that the clothes feel bombproof, are comfortable, that I find myself wearing them on a daily basis and that they look shit hot.

thanks for that. Comfort and durability are exactly what drew me to Outlier.

just trawling the net when I came across a nice NIKE ACG jacket - would love one of these Goretex beauts:

Nike-Storm-Fit-ACG-Steel-City-Shell-Gore-tex-2.jpg

nike-acg-gore-tex-jackets-3.jpg

Not had any experience of Nike Gore Tex so not sure how it stands up against the other brands we all love here.

I wouldn't mind tracking one down in L or XL though - can't be too expensive and looks good for the city too.

would it be fair to say that aitor throup tries to create clothing in comparison to other designers with greater a emphasis to the anatomical shapes and movement of the human form but from a different perspective from daisuke nishida. almost looking at a similar solution but from different angles.

it would be great to see these two minds come together on a capsule collection.

Aitor does design very complex patterns, many of which are anatomic, and I'd say he could easily trump on anyone else doing anatomic cuts if he wanted. However, many of the cuts are modeled after a very specific purpose as opposed to being just everyday-functional. For example, he made a coat in which the hem can be lifted for walking but it also turns the hem over the thighs when in a seated position, and reveals a padded flap in the back which you sit on. This is actually modeled after the posture when you ride a horse as it was influenced by some indigenous people. Or the New Orleans project in which he made marching band outfits, even a 3 dimensional case for a saxophone. So a majority of his work is highly conceptual in that way.

what I find even more interesting though is the level of technicality in his construction methods which is unlike anything I have ever seen; it completely overshadows anything that I've considered high-tech. for example the seams, for which they invented the method themselves, in which there is no seam allowance but the edges of the fabric (which I think is laser cut) face each other directly.

the amount of time that goes into a single piece is mind boggling, and so are the prices of course. But then again, he is obviously not looking to sell big numbers.

aitor%2520%25288%2529.jpg

Aether just opened a store in Hayes Valley, SF. I have to say I'm pretty impressed, 3 shipping containers stacked vertically to make a retail store, fits my vision of what an urban techwear store would look like perfectly.

If anyone is nearby and checks it out please report back

Pictures are from Selectism

aether-sf-03.5-630x479.jpg

aether-sf-03-630x466.jpg

just trawling the net when I came across a nice NIKE ACG jacket - would love one of these Goretex beauts:

Not had any experience of Nike Gore Tex so not sure how it stands up against the other brands we all love here.

I wouldn't mind tracking one down in L or XL though - can't be too expensive and looks good for the city too.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item43b82620ac

^ I believe it came out a number of years ago. From what I remember it was very thin, but folded down to a super compact form. I opted out of buying it because it was so heavily creased at the store that it didn't look very nice to me.

I miss the ACG line. It's still around, but not as big as it used to me. They used to make some really cool stuff that got overlooked and went straight to the clearance rack.

I have this jacket in black. I think it came out around 09/10 from memory.

One of my favorite hard shells. And Gore-tex is as good as it always is!

It is not thin though and it definitely doesn't fold up to a compact form, TP. You may be thinking of another jacket. But you're definitely right about ACG being underrated!

Also, I had to size up on this jacket as they fit big. I usually wear Large but Medium fit me perfectly!

It's been answered before, Visvim and Supreme did some GT coach jackets few years ago.

What's the use of Gore-Tex jacket without the hood anyway?

Okay, I found something new for you.

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/donna1992/568-59502-014gray/

Edited by Brainboy

snap buttons on nike acg jackets n etc are really off putting... for using fabric like gore tex

^^^^ my beach picture is actually a ranger hoody lt, 2010 model, UE grey, size small. mistakenly called it a stealth for no apparent reason.

i wouldn't say the ranger lt is easily incorporated in a traditional wardrobe. it's still a fleece with a lot of pockets and as such looks awfully outdoors/tactical. i rarely wear it outside of an outdoors setting, but when i do i usually get a compliment or two on it, probably because it does fit nice and clean.

nice pick up with the si 30/30 readytoignite :cool: wish I had the brass to cop.

have you tried all 30 variations yet?

haha, it's kind of bogus, there's 10x ways of wearing all the layers and the 3x is completely dependent on the environment (light reflection and heat). doubt i will wear the shiny side of the outer layer outside (it looks like a wet fish) but glad to know i have the option!

It's been answered before, Visvim and Supreme did some GT coach jackets few years ago.

for the record, the 3L supreme coaches was not gore-tex.