Acronym.

Westbrook

2 minutes ago, kenwiryadi said:

@solographik nice!! is it as sheer as the j77-am? is it ok if nothing is worn underneath the la6b-ds?

It's def not as sheer. You can see through it when it's stretched tho. you can probably get away with it, but I don't think i would

3 minutes ago, thatslapz said:

Looks good, did you cuff the P33 here or do they have a clean break uncuffed?

No cuff, just as is. I'm about 5'8 but with stubby legs. Wear an S in most acr bottoms.

17 minutes ago, solographik said:

It's great. This cut is one of my favs so im a bit biased. I'm glad that acronym is adding variety in texture (even though some of the knits are ugly as sin), cuz it helps break up the cosplay/costume look. It's a fairly warm mid/base layer. Wore it under my J51 in NYC today and it kept me very warm.

Both pics below w/ the P33

Thanks for the info man. Shirt looks great and kinda regretting not grabbing the p33

Edited by Kamikaze

2 hours ago, Cornuto said:

Silver zip is ugly/too Gothy. Not fond of non-RAF green either.

For a company that made it’s name on it’s jackets, I spend a lot more money on the pants.

Spot on on the zipper comment. Didn’t get the purpose of it going all the way up either. 

Thoughts on the 4 pieces that dropped recently after trying on in person:

J44-SD: This was the one I was probably most excited for having seen the pictures, but in actuality wound up not really doing it for me. The fabric is definitely cool, and I hope to see it used more often in the future. The design of the jacket just didn't seem to quite come together for me, though. The hand pockets didn't feel particularly convenient to access for whatever reason, and the vertical entry pockets seemed like they would not be particularly useful in practice. The partial collar zipper also felt a bit odd -- I liked the look of the collar standing up better than folded down, and even though the zipper doesn't go all the way around the collar, it still will poke you in the neck / get caught in your hair if it's flipped up. Perhaps an iterated version of this design will land better with me, but it just felt a bit half-baked.

J78-WS: I liked the simplicity of this one a lot. To my eye, looked better in person than in the product photos -- the cut is very precise and worked well on my frame, and the lower hem which doesn't gather in the front gives it a cleaner look straight-on while keeping the warmth in. Hand pockets are generous and easy to access intuitively, and the coat overall (including the pockets) is quite warm. This is the one piece I ended up picking up from the second drop after trying them all on. I wore this today in ~30s weather with no shell on top of it, no gloves, just hands in coat pockets, and stayed very toasty with a buttondown + sweater under (actually had to open up the sweater collar a bit as I was walking around). Pleased with this purchase, certainly.

LA6B-AD: I was quite tempted by this one -- this looked quite a bit different in person than in some of the earlier product photos I had seen. It felt less like a shirt and more like a cardigan, and was a more toned-down looking fabric vs. the J77 from the first drop, so for myself there would be more everyday situations I could wear it in, though mileage there will vary of course. The photos above from @solographik illustrate it quite well. I have a few other Acronym sweaters as well as a DS version of this same shirt, but almost sprang for it regardless.

P33-DS: After feeling somewhat disappointed by the pants in the first drop I was more hopeful about these (particularly since I often prefer some of the cleaner-looking Acronym designs), but they actually fit worse than the P34s on me. The lack of belt loops is not ideal (I have about a 28-29 inch waist, so even at the tightest I could get the belt, these were just barely staying up), and the quantity of fabric just made these look clownish on me. Part of it is the patterning; I have the P27s in the same fabric and they drape and fit much more cleanly on me overall. I saw another customer try these on though and can confirm that they do indeed look good in person if you have the correct build for them :)

1 hour ago, xh79 said:

P33-DS: After feeling somewhat disappointed by the pants in the first drop I was more hopeful about these (particularly since I often prefer some of the cleaner-looking Acronym designs), but they actually fit worse than the P34s on me. The lack of belt loops is not ideal (I have about a 28-29 inch waist, so even at the tightest I could get the belt, these were just barely staying up), and the quantity of fabric just made these look clownish on me. Part of it is the patterning; I have the P27s in the same fabric and they drape and fit much more cleanly on me overall. I saw another customer try these on though and can confirm that they do indeed look good in person if you have the correct build for them :)

WTB correct build.... I guess I'll find out soon...

4 minutes ago, Yardsale said:

Is the J78-WS almost identical to the J50-WS? The only thing I could tell that was different was the sleeve and arm pocket detail. No hate, I own the J50 and love it to bits.

Yeah. It fits a bit bigger and is longer in the body. I own the 50ws in M and tried the 78ws on (M as well). If you own the 50, the 78 is highly skippable. The 78 felt marginally warmer though, shrug. The fact that it doesn’t have auxzip is whack. 

re comment on length of trousers - I’m wearing the cropped ones in the pic. The full length ones almost look identical, but in a more formal fabric.

Edited by solographik

12 hours ago, Yardsale said:

Is the J78-WS almost identical to the J50-WS? The only thing I could tell that was different was the sleeve and arm pocket detail. No hate, I own the J50 and love it to bits.

I don't know if the -WS version of the J50 had additional changes, but I have a J50-S and they are pretty similar, yes. The main difference aside from the lack of sleeve pocket is that the hand pockets on the J78 wrap backwards as well as forwards, so there is extra capacity to stash things there if you want them accessible without unzipping the jacket. The YKK center zip on the J78 is also a bit nicer than the Raccagni ones on the J50-S.

On 11/13/2019 at 10:16 AM, solographik said:

It's great. This cut is one of my favs so im a bit biased. I'm glad that acronym is adding variety in texture (even though some of the knits are ugly as sin), cuz it helps break up the cosplay/costume look. It's a fairly warm mid/base layer. Wore it under my J51 in NYC today and it kept me very warm.

Both pics below w/ the P33

2019-11-13 09.15.34-1.jpg

2019-11-13 10.21.46.jpg

Hows the fit the la6? You get your normal size?