Acronym.

Westbrook

Wearing my 3a-3ts (x-pac) almost daily for quite a while now. I think it's an awesome bag which could maybe have some more "features" (compared to e.g. bagjack sniper bag, etc.) but the overall size, material and design is perfect for me. So far so good - but one thing that's bugging me is the prominent crease it makes  above the main zipper (see picture), which is no real way around. Is it just me or are other people here having the same "issue"? Does the 3a-1 this as well? Any way to fix that? Or is it not a bug and more like kind of a feature? ;)

IMG_2787.JPG

On 8/1/2019 at 7:58 PM, emenel said:

This is a good example of YMMV in real life. The sling is basically the only acr jacket “tech” that I actually use regularly, and I really miss it when I wear a jacket without it... The last few weeks traveling it was very useful since days would often start cold and rainy, then get hot. Saved me having to stuff the jacket in a bag or just carry it around. 

Same, really do use the sling a lot and love that it's there when I'm hot.

Exterior vs. interior is a tough call. I prefer exterior personally, but when in Ldn for example I'm conscious that some drunkard might find it irresistible to yank, or it'll get snagged on something like a door handle Inspector Clousea style lol 

Gravity pockets, I'm glad they exist but they don't get much use if any. I used to put an oyster card in there, but don't use one anymore.

TBH with all those features, escape zip, force lock etc, I can't say I use them much but I'm glad they are there, because they look cool to me and it's nice to have the option of use..

Be cool to see some new modern day features also, air pod specific mini pocket on chest / chest interior would be pretty sick 

Edited by off-world

2 hours ago, dixonschneider said:

Wearing my 3a-3ts (x-pac) almost daily for quite a while now. I think it's an awesome bag which could maybe have some more "features" (compared to e.g. bagjack sniper bag, etc.) but the overall size, material and design is perfect for me. So far so good - but one thing that's bugging me is the prominent crease it makes  above the main zipper (see picture), which is no real way around. Is it just me or are other people here having the same "issue"? Does the 3a-1 this as well? Any way to fix that? Or is it not a bug and more like kind of a feature? ;)

IMG_2787.JPG

It’s normal for the X-Pac models at least. My old laminate 3A-1 barely sagged there, but my X-Pac 3A-1 does it like crazy. Eventually leads to creasing and separation of the backer from the woven nylon face, so I’ve patched it with Dyneema tape, and that seems to be holding up fine.

4 minutes ago, junkie_dolphin said:

Grabbed a 3A-2, after months of anticipatory refreshing on the mothersite. Always wanted one.

Looking at the product photos, it looks like the J47-GT is getting interops next time around.

How much was it? Can't see the price due to it being sold out

4 minutes ago, junkie_dolphin said:

What fits in it though? My phone won’t... and no magnet tape. So...?

Seems like it might fit a portable phone charger which is quite handy. It also comes with a force lock magnet tape.

Edited by jasonlao

2 minutes ago, junkie_dolphin said:

What fits in it though? My phone won’t... and no magnet tape. So...?

sorry I thought you meant 3a2. 

Edited by lxkhor

9 hours ago, junkie_dolphin said:

Guess no one liked the 3A-13TS?

I actually really like the 13TS, but don’t want green. If they restocked in black I’d probably buy one. 

Not as nice as the old 8TS in some ways, but the increased resale prices for the 8TS make the 13TS a much better value at this point... I’m not interested in paying collectors prices for a bag I want to actually use. 

To anyone who got the 3A-WB2 (which i ordered this morning.. :)): 154cm seems kinda long, how do you deal with length? looking at the product pics on mothersite (which are of course highly staged i guess) the thing looks pretty okay, lengthwise, but i can't imagine it looks like this in RL  :ph34r:

8 hours ago, dixonschneider said:

To anyone who got the 3A-WB2 (which i ordered this morning.. :)): 154cm seems kinda long, how do you deal with length? looking at the product pics on mothersite (which are of course highly staged i guess) the thing looks pretty okay, lengthwise, but i can't imagine it looks like this in RL  :ph34r:

3A-WB2 will be in by tomorrow, 154cm seems not to long, i will post an impression

8 hours ago, dixonschneider said:

My olive 3A-WB2 isn't nearly that length. Could be a typo. The length of the strap on mine isn't more than 115cm. It's possible they measured the release pull, but even then it's nowhere near 154cm.