Westbrook

Acronym.

5 minutes ago, strikethrough said:

I think the standout for me this time around is the J76.. the reworked interops is interesting-ish and the full-on storm hood makes it seem like the heavy-lifter of the lot, weather-wise. Not too sure about how that massive zip will feel in the armpit but my curiosity is piqued to say the least.

The J5A has a zip like that and it’s not an issue. 

4 minutes ago, drgitlin said:

The J5A has a zip like that and it’s not an issue. 

I'll be damned... so it does... Never realized that before.

P32 is a nice cut. i love the contrast of (what looks like) the goretex infinium hood on the j36. 

What’s the fabric of the P10 like? I wonder if I should have waited for DS...

51 minutes ago, Yardsale said:

What’s the fabric of the P10 like? I wonder if I should have waited for DS...

Strange that they didn’t add pics for the black colorway. Interested to see how it folds in comparison with ds and s

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, strikethrough said:

Sleeve zip detail on the J41 is very nice. Looks like the V in GTV is now going to mean escape-zips (for in-car removal)? 

My OG J41 has the same sleeve zips. As far as I can tell the only new detail about the GTV is that it has an internal sling now. Also, according to size measurements it got 1cm narrower and 1cm longer.

Edited by eyesolation

Really wished the 36 raf had a black sleeve haha. Also if black had a raf sleeve. Would’ve been almost instant 

Posted (edited)

I don't think you are right about GTV, think it's actually different goretex. It's listed as 2.5L rather than 3L, and if you look at the pics where the cuff is rolled back, it has a more paclite-ish texture closely resembling that on the J1A-GTV.

Think J76 and J36 are standouts for me, latter because it's an improvement to one of my favorites, and former because it's a perfect blend of utility and aesthetic. Only miss for me is the P32-DS because I'd hate to have to deal with one of those 90 degree zips on a fabric so structureless as DS -- opening the zip would be a two-handed affair every time

EDIT: pretty cool that even now 6 hours later there's a full size run of pretty much everything.

Edited by eidolarr

Posted (edited)

Oh I was only talking about "features" of the J41, but yeah the material definitely is different.

The OG one according to specsheet:  GORE-TEX® Product Technology (PA 71%, ePTFE 29%) with Paclite® Product Technology [ Linerless ]

GTV: 2.5L GORE-TEX® (Face fabric: 100% PES, Membrane: ePTFE) With Polymer Dot Backer

You can see those dots on the sleeve's closeup shot - my OG definitely doesn't have those, but instead has the leathery texture typical for paclite.

Edited by eyesolation

15 minutes ago, eidolarr said:

EDIT: pretty cool that even now 6 hours later there's a full size run of pretty much everything.

He hasn’t posted it on IG yet... so we’ll see after that!

Want those  p10a’s to have my babies!!

I dunno about anybody else’s experience, but for me on an IPhone 8 with pretty damn fucking güd WiFi, the website is a nightmare to navigate right now. Constant error codes, dead image boxes. Just complete bullshit. I’ve never seen their site fail this bad. Is this peak hype? Or did Errolson forget to pay his webpage dude?

and... the site has crashed.

i guess erlsn wanted to allow the sufu community to browse the new stuff before letting in all the hypebeasts? 

He acknowledged the delayed 'release' via IG when someone thanked him for it lol.

Damn I was late and missed the J36-S in the beautiful green. I also would have liked P32-DS but S size is sold out... bummer...
So I copped the J36-S in black instead :)

Has the hype really gotten that big that they can’t contain this type of activity? I’m frankly amazed that they haven’t prepared for this kind of push at this point. Having something drop out of your cart is one thing. But for the whole site to crash? That’s a new one on me. 

Posted (edited)

Is P32 the new version of P16A? 

Site is so slow pics won’t load 

Edited by JoseRizal

6 minutes ago, JoseRizal said:

Is P32 the new version of P16A? 

Site is so slow pics won’t load 

Yes. Unfortunately. The P16A is a much better design IMO. I’m frankly surprised the went with the same pocket design (roughly) as the P10-A. I had a pair in CH and found the pockets very fiddley and always needed two hands to close unless opened under certain circumstances. I love the look of the P10-A style pockets architecturally, but in practice...

I can only imagine how poorly they perform with DS or Epic. Stotz probably performs a bit better due to its relative rigidity but I’d imagine the results are negligible. 

2 minutes ago, AvantSol said:

E isn't epic cotton, its encapsulated nylon @brainerd666

My bad. Either way- that pocket structure needs sterner fabric and/or an overall re-work to function one handed. 

J-76 is ruggedly smooth. I quite like the lines and overall form and deceptive simplicity. It’s also refreshing to see the interops showcased with a full bag for a change...

15 minutes ago, brainerd666 said:

Yes. Unfortunately. The P16A is a much better design IMO. I’m frankly surprised the went with the same pocket design (roughly) as the P10-A. I had a pair in CH and found the pockets very fiddley and always needed two hands to close unless opened under certain circumstances. I love the look of the P10-A style pockets architecturally, but in practice...

I can only imagine how poorly they perform with DS or Epic. Stotz probably performs a bit better due to its relative rigidity but I’d imagine the results are negligible. 

I regret passing up on P16a till now. This P32 isn’t too bad, I’m just afraid the pants cut is too wide almost balloon like on the hips unlike the P16a where it was much more straight. Initially was waiting for another drop of P10a. I’m just not afraid is too slim/tapered for me. 

Would anyone suggest sizing up?

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, JoseRizal said:

I regret passing up on P16a till now. This P32 isn’t too bad, I’m just afraid the pants cut is too wide almost balloon like on the hips unlike the P16a where it was much more straight. Initially was waiting for another drop of P10a. I’m just not afraid is too slim/tapered for me. 

Would anyone suggest sizing up?

The sizing on the old P10-A’s was the same as my p10’s. I’d be very surprised if these differ. Might be a good idea to compare old size charts. That being said- if you haven’t worn a pair of P-10’s before, they def look better on ‘athletic’ legs than stick boi legs. Thats both mine and the general opinion. 

Edited by brainerd666

^ good looking out with that quick info.

cheers sir

Posted (edited)

Wonder how many picked up the 36 not realising the hood was infinium. Thinking it was another jacket under.

I can see why it was done as more waterproof than the stotz so keep ur head dry. Shake dry + easily packable but aesthetically for me it doesn't work. Would have preferred full stotz hood.

Edited by GUNDAM

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, GUNDAM said:

Wonder how many picked up the 36 not realising the hood was infinium. Thinking it was another jacket under.

I can see why it was done as more waterproof than the stotz so keep ur head dry. Shake dry + easily packable but aesthetically for me it doesn't work. Would have preferred full stotz hood.

I totally thought he was layering upon purchase, as half the pics didn’t load when I bought it, but now I see it, that’s actually made the jacket for me! I wanted a 63A purely for layering under stuff to get that look previously. Call me weird :D

i think stotz fasthood would have got super crinkly and the wrinkle-fades. GT I always found awkward for the crinkle too but this should solve it.

Edited by RemarkableArmor

I am guessing if new P10A is made of fabric same as Nike ACG cargos lastest edition. How can he find Alpha Green?<_< Thats the question. 

5 minutes ago, RemarkableArmor said:

I totally thought he was layering upon purchase, as half the pics didn’t load when I bought it, but now I see it, that’s actually made the jacket for me! I wanted a 63A purely for layering under stuff to get that look previously. Call me weird :D

i think stotz fasthood would have got super crinkly and the wrinkle-fades. GT I always found awkward for the crinkle too but this should solve it.

Hahha it has deffo been a theme in some of the prod shots for bit with the 63 layered under. I can see why people enjoy it as well just not for me.

For sure with the hood if you didnt have it out the whole time in stotz but i like the battered stotz look.

Would have been great for the J36 to have been produced this iteration with a removable/interchangeable zip in right arm, with 3 colour white/green/black arm supplied.

One for the modderz out there?