Acronym.

Westbrook

10 minutes ago, neoS3lf said:

Thanks man!

Do you know the name of that jacket, too? And the pricing?

Also did I get that right that the J68 can be worn inside out?

J68W-BQ 2432 CAD.

The pics look like it can be worn inside out, hope so.

17 hours ago, neoS3lf said:

Can anyone explain how the BQ material compares to GT in terms of ruggedness, breathability and water resistance? 

Wonder if it’s a good alternative and maybe wont have those delaminating issues?

It is still a laminated fabric, with construction similar to GT as far as the description on the site goes so I think it will still delaminate eventually 

just wash your gtx according to tag instructions and never wear it against bare skin if you don't want delam, it's not rocket science. 

also the inside-out jacket is j14-px

I have always wondered what the function of the extra collar zipper on the J1A is for, can someone enlighten me?

24 minutes ago, fijixt said:

I have always wondered what the function of the extra collar zipper on the J1A is for, can someone enlighten me?

You can only close the upper zipper and leave the inner zip open for easier air circulation.

When wearing a bag in interops you also use the free floating part of the zip to put the strap underneath so that it stays in the correct position. It can be a bit finnicky but I like the functionality and the way it looks when closed. 

Of course you can also open up the jacket with the secondary torso zipper, but since that zipper is used for ventilation as well as liner access, I usually don't touch it so that the zipper head position isn't changed for when I need liner access. As such I mostly just use the collar zipper and leave the main zipper opened if I need more ventilation. Pretty handy.

On 3/31/2024 at 12:43 AM, Davidwyh1998 said:

J68W-BQ 2432 CAD.

The pics look like it can be worn inside out, hope so.

I don't think it can, they're just showing off the print. Technically you could wear it inside out... you'd just be wearing an inside out jacket.

I think I will just watch from the sidelines. I can't think of an appropriate comment. As a matter of fact, I can't think of an inappropriate comment either!

ok that's a take

21 minutes ago, nathan_ said:

Good luck man 🫡

I imagine we won't see much for a long time but looking forward to seeing what you workshop!

Thank you so much my friend!😊

On 3/31/2024 at 5:22 PM, denimjeans said:

just wash your gtx according to tag instructions and never wear it against bare skin if you don't want delam, it's not rocket science. 

It seems to me that it is.

I have a j1a 2.5 that I always took perfect care of it.
Never bare skin, never in bad environment, always nikwash, always in the closet when off season, you name it...

Still it got some delamination on the collar, okay not visible, in a folding part, I thought...

then I wore it only a couple of time in the last season, because of good weather, then "okay, I clean it, put in closet".

Nikwash at 40 degrees, then dry to fix the TX waterproof and it came out fully delaminated. After that I said goodbye to GTX products, especially considering that I have older schoeller and Stone Island textiles that are still in perfect condition and fully waterproof.

On 4/11/2024 at 4:38 PM, MNB said:

It seems to me that it is.

I have a j1a 2.5 that I always took perfect care of it.
Never bare skin, never in bad environment, always nikwash, always in the closet when off season, you name it...

Still it got some delamination on the collar, okay not visible, in a folding part, I thought...

then I wore it only a couple of time in the last season, because of good weather, then "okay, I clean it, put in closet".

Nikwash at 40 degrees, then dry to fix the TX waterproof and it came out fully delaminated. After that I said goodbye to GTX products, especially considering that I have older schoeller and Stone Island textiles that are still in perfect condition and fully waterproof.

I always handwash mine because I'm super paranoid about this happening. I can imagine all the movement in the washing machine and the temperature is just too much for the material if you happen to wash it frequently. 

I don't know, of course something went wrong, 40 degrees is recommended by goretex label, but honestly I don't care anymore, I gave up on goretex even before this happened since I find other materials performing far better.

Just to mention a couple: schoeller and SISP nylon-R have been treated far worst, worn almost everyday, in contact with skin, threw them at the bottom of my training bag with dirty clothes, washed and dried with any program and stay still look as new. 

• 2 weeks later...

PSA on Grailed/ Reps/ getting screwed: DO NOT BUY FROM RC8X / David Ionita 

I recently bought a P23TS-CH on Grailed from RC8X  who has tens of thousands of dollars worth of ridiculously priced ACR pieces on the site. We went back and forth for a while and finally came to an agreement on a piece I have wanted for a long time. I unboxed them yesterday and was really psyched for about 30 seconds,  until I realized they are reps...mother fucker

I have submitted a claim through PayPal and will probably also do so with my credit card. I just got a reply back from Grailed so hopefully something can be done there. 

According to PayPal the guy's name is David Ionita [real?]. His profile on Grailed says shipping from Hong Kong but the package actually shipped from Saddle Brook NJ with the return address as my address. 

Ultimately it's my fuck up for not looking at the photos with more scrutiny; now in the rear view I can clearly see that I missed details that are obvious. What got me is the exhaustive list of high end pieces he has with lots of photos, so I ASSumed [you know what they say about assume...] that this would be authentic. He also has a handful of good reviews for pieces that don't seem likely to be reps but who the F knows. He sold some P33-DS and SAC J6-011 which I can't imagine there are reps of but anything is possible 

Maybe he is just trying to slip a few reps in the pile and hope they go unnoticed. 

The rep list of differences in case it can help someone else [many of these are on a Reddit reps page but it recently went private...wtf]:

- cuffs are some shit ass Lululemon garbage and not DS, also too short 

- missing vertical stitch line by the button at the fly 

- size tag is stitched through the tag....E would never do this shit

- size tag is not thick and plasticy, it's much thinner material and most likely screen printed, also font is fading / scratched 

- cut is way off, waist is not a cinch down, it's like normal size 

- movement is restricted when trying to kick caps off of bottles, which is obviously the biggest problem 

- stitching on ribbon is not the same, ribbon is flimsy 

- pocket fabric lacks sheen found on the diagonal stripes of authentic items 

I am fuming over my mistake but more so on the fact that people are trying to pull this shit off. How do you sleep at night? What will you think on your death bed? 

Pretty sure he lurks here or is a member...help me out community...anyone know this guy? Aliases?  I am open to an honest solution, I don' want or need to go to war. That said I have copied and pasted a very terse message into most of his 88 listings in Grailed. Copy and paste can be your friend. 

DAVID if you are reading this get your shit together and work with me.

Which means: he refunds me and I send him his pants back. Or light them on fire. 

Overall, it sucks but I have conducted many transactions on Grailed and have a 97% happy rate so, eventually, shit happens. 

If anyone has input on the above, I appreciate your time.

TL/DR; do not buy from RC8X, check details on a purchase with exhaustive attention to detail, reps are stupid.

IMG_8959.JPG

IMG_8957.JPG

IMG_8956.JPG

IMG_8958.JPG

56 minutes ago, FlyingShiba said:

PSA on Grailed/ Reps/ getting screwed: DO NOT BUY FROM RC8X / David Ionita 

I recently bought a P23TS-CH on Grailed from RC8X  who has tens of thousands of dollars worth of ridiculously priced ACR pieces on the site. We went back and forth for a while and finally came to an agreement on a piece I have wanted for a long time. I unboxed them yesterday and was really psyched for about 30 seconds,  until I realized they are reps...mother fucker

I have submitted a claim through PayPal and will probably also do so with my credit card. I just got a reply back from Grailed so hopefully something can be done there. 

According to PayPal the guy's name is David Ionita [real?]. His profile on Grailed says shipping from Hong Kong but the package actually shipped from Saddle Brook NJ with the return address as my address. 

Ultimately it's my fuck up for not looking at the photos with more scrutiny; now in the rear view I can clearly see that I missed details that are obvious. What got me is the exhaustive list of high end pieces he has with lots of photos, so I ASSumed [you know what they say about assume...] that this would be authentic. He also has a handful of good reviews for pieces that don't seem likely to be reps but who the F knows. He sold some P33-DS and SAC J6-011 which I can't imagine there are reps of but anything is possible 

Maybe he is just trying to slip a few reps in the pile and hope they go unnoticed. 

The rep list of differences in case it can help someone else [many of these are on a Reddit reps page but it recently went private...wtf]:

- cuffs are some shit ass Lululemon garbage and not DS, also too short 

- missing vertical stitch line by the button at the fly 

- size tag is stitched through the tag....E would never do this shit

- size tag is not thick and plasticy, it's much thinner material and most likely screen printed, also font is fading / scratched 

- cut is way off, waist is not a cinch down, it's like normal size 

- movement is restricted when trying to kick caps off of bottles, which is obviously the biggest problem 

- stitching on ribbon is not the same, ribbon is flimsy 

- pocket fabric lacks sheen found on the diagonal stripes of authentic items 

I am fuming over my mistake but more so on the fact that people are trying to pull this shit off. How do you sleep at night? What will you think on your death bed? 

Pretty sure he lurks here or is a member...help me out community...anyone know this guy? Aliases?  I am open to an honest solution, I don' want or need to go to war. That said I have copied and pasted a very terse message into most of his 88 listings in Grailed. Copy and paste can be your friend. 

DAVID if you are reading this get your shit together and work with me.

Which means: he refunds me and I send him his pants back. Or light them on fire. 

Overall, it sucks but I have conducted many transactions on Grailed and have a 97% happy rate so, eventually, shit happens. 

If anyone has input on the above, I appreciate your time.

TL/DR; do not buy from RC8X, check details on a purchase with exhaustive attention to detail, reps are stupid.

IMG_8959.JPG

IMG_8957.JPG

IMG_8956.JPG

IMG_8958.JPG

After I saw the listing about a week ago or so, i instantly reported to Grailed team - replied that they would sort it out asap. From grailed photos it was ez to spot a fake. 

Also send him a pm. Zero reaction. 

Edited by Yan90