Acronym.

Westbrook

22 minutes ago, nathan_ said:

https://discord.com/invite/TFYt858eVT

public discord my friend.
I think it's simply that nobody can be bothered copy & pasting something like 40 images

some of us are banned my friend

8 minutes ago, Davidwyh1998 said:

Received some info on the price in CAD.

IMG_2234.PNG

And happy to share some pics that I received. Can't post all the pics here but if someone would like to see more please feel free to ask.

Cheers

3f47c33275546c1c3888d0b22ee298f8.JPG

93c519740b17b73fa286a4b0d601f965.JPG

550c84afb443b34439458715b8252485.JPG

f730cba01b93fffa56a6895ced12c707.JPG

f6370324d8a44be1e3bacaf2ad8f4260.JPG

612ba4f4117dbead237ee8ef8e3e0740.JPG

7613cbcd529f9af23562527f0be2e0df.JPG

a26aee11e4046115f2dd9b150153900b.JPG

b2039353c1e256d81e00be695a33c283.JPG

d73ac9c7a2489e13f26467d507f60636.JPG

f3ea5922f1184305f1b8d41d0efa0120.JPG

ac37ee137d9d78d9628b3a5ac23c2069.jpg

869310eea24a4a1a2fa87d7c24ec07c5.PNG

Edited by Davidwyh1998
add more pics

10 minutes ago, neoS3lf said:

Thanks man!

Do you know the name of that jacket, too? And the pricing?

Also did I get that right that the J68 can be worn inside out?

J68W-BQ 2432 CAD.

The pics look like it can be worn inside out, hope so.

17 hours ago, neoS3lf said:

Can anyone explain how the BQ material compares to GT in terms of ruggedness, breathability and water resistance? 

Wonder if it’s a good alternative and maybe wont have those delaminating issues?

It is still a laminated fabric, with construction similar to GT as far as the description on the site goes so I think it will still delaminate eventually 

just wash your gtx according to tag instructions and never wear it against bare skin if you don't want delam, it's not rocket science. 

also the inside-out jacket is j14-px

I have always wondered what the function of the extra collar zipper on the J1A is for, can someone enlighten me?

24 minutes ago, fijixt said:

I have always wondered what the function of the extra collar zipper on the J1A is for, can someone enlighten me?

You can only close the upper zipper and leave the inner zip open for easier air circulation.

When wearing a bag in interops you also use the free floating part of the zip to put the strap underneath so that it stays in the correct position. It can be a bit finnicky but I like the functionality and the way it looks when closed. 

Of course you can also open up the jacket with the secondary torso zipper, but since that zipper is used for ventilation as well as liner access, I usually don't touch it so that the zipper head position isn't changed for when I need liner access. As such I mostly just use the collar zipper and leave the main zipper opened if I need more ventilation. Pretty handy.

On 3/31/2024 at 12:43 AM, Davidwyh1998 said:

J68W-BQ 2432 CAD.

The pics look like it can be worn inside out, hope so.

I don't think it can, they're just showing off the print. Technically you could wear it inside out... you'd just be wearing an inside out jacket.

I think I will just watch from the sidelines. I can't think of an appropriate comment. As a matter of fact, I can't think of an inappropriate comment either!

ok that's a take

21 minutes ago, nathan_ said:

Good luck man 🫡

I imagine we won't see much for a long time but looking forward to seeing what you workshop!

Thank you so much my friend!😊

On 3/31/2024 at 5:22 PM, denimjeans said:

just wash your gtx according to tag instructions and never wear it against bare skin if you don't want delam, it's not rocket science. 

It seems to me that it is.

I have a j1a 2.5 that I always took perfect care of it.
Never bare skin, never in bad environment, always nikwash, always in the closet when off season, you name it...

Still it got some delamination on the collar, okay not visible, in a folding part, I thought...

then I wore it only a couple of time in the last season, because of good weather, then "okay, I clean it, put in closet".

Nikwash at 40 degrees, then dry to fix the TX waterproof and it came out fully delaminated. After that I said goodbye to GTX products, especially considering that I have older schoeller and Stone Island textiles that are still in perfect condition and fully waterproof.

On 4/11/2024 at 4:38 PM, MNB said:

It seems to me that it is.

I have a j1a 2.5 that I always took perfect care of it.
Never bare skin, never in bad environment, always nikwash, always in the closet when off season, you name it...

Still it got some delamination on the collar, okay not visible, in a folding part, I thought...

then I wore it only a couple of time in the last season, because of good weather, then "okay, I clean it, put in closet".

Nikwash at 40 degrees, then dry to fix the TX waterproof and it came out fully delaminated. After that I said goodbye to GTX products, especially considering that I have older schoeller and Stone Island textiles that are still in perfect condition and fully waterproof.

I always handwash mine because I'm super paranoid about this happening. I can imagine all the movement in the washing machine and the temperature is just too much for the material if you happen to wash it frequently. 

I don't know, of course something went wrong, 40 degrees is recommended by goretex label, but honestly I don't care anymore, I gave up on goretex even before this happened since I find other materials performing far better.

Just to mention a couple: schoeller and SISP nylon-R have been treated far worst, worn almost everyday, in contact with skin, threw them at the bottom of my training bag with dirty clothes, washed and dried with any program and stay still look as new.