Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

@julian-wolf I think the Yahoo listing is just referencing a FW lot number that doesn't exist.
The bag looks authentic and in good shape for how old it is, but they're asking for 50% more than the original price (16,000¥).
I'd like if they reran the Kingfisher at some point as it would make for a good work bag, but not plans currently.

@Broark Thanks for digging around. Yeah, that’s about where I’d landed, too. The price doesn’t seem fair compared to what it cost in 2015, but then again it’s probably about what FW would charge if they were to make another run of them now, so…it’s hard to complain. Still might go for it, especially with how weak the yen is staying 

Edited by julian-wolf

@Broark & @Duke Mantee, looking closer I realized that the confusion was on my end. The catalog number given in the listing looked like a plausible FW item number, so I assumed that that’s what it was—but scrolling through some of their other (non-FW) listings it’s clear that it was just the seller’s own inventory number. Probably should have been obvious from the start. No funny business after all, and good to see some closure of sorts. Anyway, I did end up buying the bag.

On 6/17/2024 at 8:43 PM, julian-wolf said:

@Broark & @Duke Mantee, looking closer I realized that the confusion was on my end. The catalog number given in the listing looked like a plausible FW item number, so I assumed that that’s what it was—but scrolling through some of their other (non-FW) listings it’s clear that it was just the seller’s own inventory number. Probably should have been obvious from the start. No funny business after all, and good to see some closure of sorts. Anyway, I did end up buying the bag.

It’s a nice bag - I’m glad it was legit

Second installment in the interview series from Nest Clothing, this time interviewing Sushi.
Great insight into the history of and inspiration of Freewheelers, their design ideology and what is important to him when creating these clothes.