The Flat Head

LFC4ever

You can always get the 42 and hot wash and dry it.  I had a customer in SF do this to a  44 and it shrunk it almost an entire size and the fabric looks brand new still.

Sup everyone, first post on sufu.

Just started wearing my FH3002s courtesy of Rivet and Hide (thanks Danny). Wanted some opinions on how they're going to stretch out. Did one warm soak, spun them, wore them wet, hung to dry. Lost just over 1'' in the waist, 3'' in length.

After two days wear they are great in the waist, knee, seat, and I love the leg opening. But the thighs are a bit too snug for my liking. What are the chances that I will see some stretch here. I rarely wash/soak my jeans so bare this in mind. Can't upload fit pics at the moment... -RW

Sup everyone, first post on sufu.

Just started wearing my FH3002s courtesy of Rivet and Hide (thanks Danny). Wanted some opinions on how they're going to stretch out. Did one warm soak, spun them, wore them wet, hung to dry. Lost just over 1'' in the waist, 3'' in length.

After two days wear they are great in the waist, knee, seat, and I love the leg opening. But the thighs are a bit too snug for my liking. What are the chances that I will see some stretch here. I rarely wash/soak my jeans so bare this in mind. Can't upload fit pics at the moment... -RW

My personal experience is my thighs did not stretch at all in the 3 months so far I've owned my 3002

thats good for you. you're a lucky guy then but i assure you that crotch blowouts can happen quickly even if you have the most perfectly sized pants ever.

i also don't work a desk job, walk about 3-4 miles a day but my thighs are just big and rub when i walk. I was blessed with my parents legs and made them worse with years of soccer and tennis as a kid.  

of course when i wore tighter and skinnier jeans and also when I was a lot heavier it wore down a lot faster but it still happens no matter what size, cut, style the jeans are. I slimmed down to about 140lbs (i'm about 5'9) and it still happens so if you have some magical trick that can slim down my thighs, please PM me and i'll be forever thankful. 

---------

same here. thanks to a life of soccer, not only do i have to make some sort of crotch repair every month or so but the pretty large size difference between my thighs (as hard as i try, i am still not good enough with my left foot to be considered two footed) causes most cuts to fit a little weird.

Edited by ijustwishi

how much did the thighs shrink during the soak on yours? i think when i finally get the right size, it'll be slightly looser in the waist, as kiya recommended me to do, but i think the thigh will be close to snug.

lol i bought the sz32 in the F310, but underestimated my size. waist was snug already, thigh was a little snug, knee opening was tight, but i'm sure that'll be fine. i like the fit and the way it looks, just need to size up 1...

xNxxrlb.jpg

rRi77rt.jpg

A half inch through the leg and it never stretched

Just received a package in the mail from Kyle, aka Cold Summer. Great guy to buy from, he shipped the shirts out immediately and they arrived within a couple days, from Japan to the USA. Not to mention the great price for some hard-to-find shirts. Onto the pics:

Fresh out of the package:

DSC04444_zpsfd8834df.jpg

Unreal fabric:

DSC04446_zps3f45f5e5.jpg

The fit:

DSC04454_zps5848288b.jpg

And another shot of the fit:

DSC04462_zps0d8d971f.jpg

Thanks again Kyle, and please let me know if you have any more size 42 FH stuff to sell!

Those are probably the best fits I've seen on flat head's westerns.  They're trim but don't look tight at all or make your torso look disproportionally tiny.  Good work!  And that red is seriously maybe my favorite pattern on a shirt ever.

The red Native Check is actually my favorite Flat Head fabric of all time.  It's a really beautiful raspberry red color that's hard to capture in pictures, though Skurlandski's are pretty close.

I'll miss those shirts a bunch, but I got the orange Native Check western in size 40, it's a really nice fit and pattern as well, I need to post some pics of that one soon.

I have Flathead F310 in size 33 and it fits well.

What size should I get in Flathhead 3002 ?

Are 3002 smaller than F310?

Thanks,

I've found I wear the same size 310 and 3002. The difference is the stitching used and the 3002 has a slight taper

Brought out my 4 month old 3002 in this michigan winter after they're second wash

For those curious I always throw them in the washer and dryer inside out warm with slight dye free detergent

zyuQWO6.jpg

Details

lN72ojo.jpg

Bvbij0V.jpg