The Flat Head

LFC4ever

I have a question regarding the 3002s. I recently tried on the 34" on the 3002s, and they fit perfect, exactly how i would like them to fit (slim on thighs and taper below knee). But it is presoak... I'm scared that after soaking i can no longer fit into them. Should i get a 36 or stick with the 34 and hope it wont shrink as much?

I wouldn't risk going a 34 if they're slim already. Flat heads shrink a lot. But a 36 is still a big step up from a 34 so with shrinkage they still might not shrink enough. I have a pair of 3002 in a 34 post soak in the marketplace. Look at the measurements I have listed. If those still work go with a size 34. If not I'd check out the BSPs in a 34. Slightly looser all over than the 3002 but still a nice slim fit. You might even get away with a 33 in those because the waist stretches more than on the 3002.

Selling my Flat Head 3002s in size 33. Just got them yesterday and after a warm soak they are gonna be way too small. They will be up in the market soon PM if interested. 

Edited by sgs

Have they hit the water at all? FH is notorious for being dyed super dark, so a few soaks will really bring out the contrast. I just gave my 2111s another soak and they're starting to lighten up a bit.

2 initial soaks and one wash 2 weeks ago

Any flathead experts want to chime in on this presoak fit? Its the 6002 Type II with the 3XXX denim.

Longer sleeve and body than I expected, chest seems ok now but worried there isn't enough room for the shrink... My only other jacket is a samurai one wash and I have little experience with Flat Head denim anyway. Probably going to dunk it and keep it but let me know if you think i'm making a mistake.

*(as usual, sorry for low quality photos)

DSCN7513_zps660acef7.jpg

More pics under the spoiler:

DSCN7511_zpsef8bc496.jpg

DSCN7517_zpse29624db.jpg

DSCN7519_zps1ed28921.jpg

Edited by ColdStorage

It's hard to tell from that photo.  From one aspect you can lose some inches in the sleeve but at the same time it looks like the shoulders are going to be too small after the soak.  

Where did you get it from?

Tate + Yoko

(... as a devoted Self Edge customer, I checked with you guys first. Unfortunately, only the 42 is in stock, where as T+Y still had 40...)

But yeah, my concern is that if I do get the shrink I need in the sleeve length its going to be too tight in the chest and shoulders. But man, I WANT to believe....

Tate + Yoko

(... as a devoted Self Edge customer, I checked with you guys first. Unfortunately, only the 42 is in stock, where as T+Y still had 40...)

But yeah, my concern is that if I do get the shrink I need in the sleeve length its going to be too tight in the chest and shoulders. But man, I WANT to believe....

I appreciate that..

At the end of the day you have to remember that the 3XXX denim shrinks an entire size after a hot soak, so you're looking at about 10% shrinkage once you do the initial soak.  I would size up one or else you'll have to either deal with not washing it after a few months or a really tight shoulder/arm area for the life of the jacket.  

The other option is a 10 minute cold soak to get some of the shrinkage out and you can take it from there and hope it doesn't shrink much in the future.

The two things I would pay the most attention to in regards to whether or not you'll be able to make that size work post soak is how the chest fits buttoned up, and how much room you have with the waist buttoned up.  If you can afford an inch in both, and still be able to get it buttoned up, you'll be able to stretch it/make it work after just a cold soak.  It looks to me like you'll be fine, even if it starts off pretty snug right after the soak.

Broark....I have the K0011's.
I've given them a reasonable amount of wear and a cold machine wash and as yet very slight fading.
Some subtle hues showing through - a good indicator of their potential.
If they look half as good as the shirt Danny posted then they will be amazing. I really like the cut and construction alot - my only pair of FH.
My jeans are normally slow starters and then seem
To reach a breaking point where the fades come jn and the indigo falls out 'all of a sudden'.
At the moment, i have hung them up as the weather has gotten cold and im trying to put some time into my MBB.
They are still worn, just sporadically in the evening and weekends etc. Ill throw some pics up later on.

Edit: Pictures - Coin Pocket - most accurate colour.

QKQVg7A.jpg?1
jqL6XRd.jpg?1
ZSYfJgd.jpg?1
LUORGoj.png?1
VJrGc7f.jpg?1

Thanks
Edited by UkeNo

I would love to see some pictures, I'm trying to decide what I want for my next pair down the road.

The K0011 seems nice from a weight perspective for Texas and the stealth arcs are awesome.

I'm also considering The Strike Gold and Samurai, which are quite different, but I have some time to decide.

The Flat Head SKB-70H horsehide boots. 

glBO9xa.jpg

ZZtCWI4.jpg

760P2Ej.jpg

I've handled many of the high-end brands discussed on SuFu, and these are the nicest I've ever seen.  The leather is seriously incredible, they're comfortable and fit well right out of the box, the construction and details are beautiful. 

Here's a pic of a pair that's been worn for two years.

r38QUkI.jpg