LFC4ever

sorry for posting so much...

anyway on rivet and hide the 32, 33, and 34 is respectively

waist-32...33...34

thigh (big)- 12.75...13...13.1

rise- 10.5...10.5...10.75

knee-9...9.25...9.5

hem-8...8...8.25

^^^ im shooting for the 32 measurements post soak (i normally wear a 33 waist though)... should i get the 33 or 34? my gut says 34, i think im gonna do a hot machine rinse, inside out.  all this shrinkage talk is getting me nervous.

Edited by jmfr

If you need a 33 inch waist, you'll be happiest picking up the 34, and just shrinking them as much as you can up front.  This definitely isn't a cut that benefits from sizing down as small as you can.  

Couple things...It's hard to figure out what's going on in the photo, because even though you have almost zero break, you have creases that look like they come from stacking.  This makes me think you'll actually get some length back as the fabric softens up. You probably do still have some potential shrinkage in the length, but if you stay away from agitated hot washes it shouldn't be that extreme...there is a significant difference between how much the 16oz and 14oz denims from Flat Head shrink, and this will work in your favor.  Lastly, based on the photo I'm looking at, I'd actually double cuff at the cuff size you're at right now, just to make sure there is no break, and clean up the shape of the leg a little bit...the you will be showing a little ankle, but with a double cuff, it looks like you intend to do that, and it's not a bad look at all.  That might be shorter than you're used to, but they are far from ruined.  

I agree, the length looks fine. What i do when I have jeans that I don't want to shrink: wash them in the baththub while wearing them. You won't loose much in the inseam (just pull it back out) and none in the waist. It's about 80-90% as clean as you get them in the machine, but I can live with that.

Thanks heaps for the information and advice, this forum is super indeed! 

If only the rise was just a little bigger.. The denim on these is absolutely beautiful. I wish I could find a cut that would suit me. 

btw, my sz.33 3009 are gonna be up in the marketplace extremely soon. I have all the pics, just havent uploaded them.

Only about 1.5 months of actual wear. Denim finally loosend up a bit but my waist has shrunk over the past half-year and these just dont fit anymore. Fading has just started to show on the thigh, nothing on the back of the knee. Gonna let em go for fairly cheap.

pm if youre interested.

Aboutjax1990, I agree as well too with the rest.  They look fine.  Of course I don't dig on stacks any more though.  Wear with hi-tops and boots and you'll be solid.  I've been hearing about all this 3009 craze but I never see any fit pictures.  anyone care to share or point me in the direction?

So I've been sticking with my 2111s a lot more consistently the last few weeks.

The cut is probably my favorite as far as my current rotation goes.

They're already developing really well, despite having only had initial hot soak.

Here's a shot of where I keep my zippo, it's not much yet but these have a lot of potential!

zg123Zxl.jpg

And yes, I'm wearing my black FH THC shirt too!

Planning on picking up a pair of 3002 from tate + yoko but I have a question. I've heard the the 3xxx deniim shrinks alot, but would a size 36 with an 8.25 hem, 9.2 knee and 12.75 thigh shrink down to a 7.5-7.7 hem, 8.5 ish knee and a 12 inch thigh with a hot soak + agitation by hand or in a washer?

Planning on picking up a pair of 3002 from tate + yoko but I have a question. I've heard the the 3xxx deniim shrinks alot, but would a size 36 with an 8.25 hem, 9.2 knee and 12.75 thigh shrink down to a 7.5-7.7 hem, 8.5 ish knee and a 12 inch thigh with a hot soak + agitation by hand or in a washer?

Yup! I have the same pair and they're almost identical to the measurements you just stated

More like 8" for hem and 12.25 for thigh. Takes more than one soak. I did two hot washes and two hot machine dries before wearing. Inseam shrunk to 33"

Also, check 2nd on Rakuten. $270 usd shipped

Edited by cmboland

In a german mag was a portrait of him. It's been a while since I read it, but I think it said, that he made a long time dream come true by working his way up from being employed in the clothing industry to his own brand. That would suggest, that at least the initial designs and construction was made by him. He surely has a team around him now, like, I guess,  all other brands.

Edited by Max Power

Random question: does Kobayashi design the stuff for Flat Head or is he "just" the dude who runs things?

There is a product planning staff that was 14 people about a year ago...not sure of the size at the moment.  They meet regularly to discuss upcoming season, so everything is still very much subject to Kobayashi's influence and direction.

I don't say this often enough, but the whole concept behind what happens at Flat Head is mind shattering to me.  The Flat Head is essentially a lifestyle brand, focused on how cool it looks to hang out in a big parking lot at a dinner with vintage cars and motorcycles.  But TFH is in no way content to just have it's products look the part...they treat every detail, many which are undetectable to anyone but the wearer of the garment, as if it's as important the equation as the vintage cars and motorcycles are.

They also attack the problem from the other side, by creating diners with the appropriate parking lot for gathering with vintage cars, but that's a whole different story!

Thanks for the info as always Tyler!  Yeah, Flat Head is insane like that.  That's why I love their tees so much... not just because of the fabric, colors, or designs, but really the writing does it for me too.  I even like the engrish text - I think it captures a sort of earnest Japanese interpretation of Americana.  

I really really need to go to their Googies Diners sometime...

Got them in the mail today, gave them a warm machine rinse on low spin speed, once they dry ill do a cold machine soak and hopefully thatll get all the shrinkage out. so far so good! ill post post-wash measurements once theyre done

update:

as per a few requests, here are the post soak measurements for 3009, size 34, big style

raw --> 1 machine soak --> 2 machine soaks

waist: 16-->16 -->15.5

thigh: 13--> 12.75 --> 12.5

knee: 9.75 -->9 --> 9

hem : 8.5 --> 8 --> 8

rise: 11--> 10.5 --> 10.5

so expect to lose .5" throughout the leg and rise. a quick  note on the waist, post soak was 16", but while they were still damp i was able to stretch them to 17" without much pressure, so it is possible to get tts on the waist, even after soaking.

oh and i can put my hands in the pockets lol

Edited by jmfr

:rolleyes: Hey Guys, need some advise with 3009 sizing here, I own a pair of F310 in size 32, however the thigh is too tight to move freely(measured at 11.4 post soak), I was wondering if I should go for a 32 or a 33 for a 3009, I believe I might need 12 in the thigh to feel comfy for the pioneer denim.

:rolleyes: Hey Guys, need some advise with 3009 sizing here, I own a pair of F310 in size 32, however the thigh is too tight to move freely(measured at 11.4 post soak), I was wondering if I should go for a 32 or a 33 for a 3009, I believe I might need 12 in the thigh to feel comfy for the pioneer denim.

Definitely go for the 33 in the 3009, while the jean isn't nearly as slim as the F310 the waist runs smaller on the 3009.

Here's the size chart for comparison:

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=762

SE05BSP - Worn on/off since Jan 1, 2013. 7 months if I had to give an estimate. 6 washes/soaks whenever they got dirty. Next wash during Thanksgiving weekend when I go back home from college. Perfect jean in every way. I don't know much about photography (these are unedited, taken on a galaxy s3). Some ghetto repairs done on the crotch with a nudie kit. They fit slim-straight with no break on the backside of my leg, just how I like it. 

1jvJ9ga.jpg

X7o6MBn.jpg?1

Edited by rosarkar