The Flat Head

LFC4ever

+rep for Herbal Essences.

Seriously though, that's a perfect fit, and the length is just right, too.  However, I think that they'll probably shrink a little more with future washes.

Hi, I have bought a pair of 3001 from Rivet and Hide but they are too skinny before soak. Too tight at thighs and hard to button. I´m going to return them but I don´t know if get a 30 or 31.

These are my measurements:

Natural waist: 31,2"

natural Thigh: 20,4

Could you recommend me a size? 30 or 31?

This photos are size 29 before soak:

lafoto1wj.jpg

lafoto2km.jpg

Edited by snchz

Yes, I think that 31 would be the best choice as well.  Those jeans probably have a lot of shrinkage left. 

For what it's worth, I usually wear a size 31-32 in Japanese, jeans, but the other day I tried on a pre-wash pair of 3001s in size 34 that were still too tight on my thighs.

40021_zpsd77047a5.jpg

40022_zpsa4ed045b.jpg

Introducing the new Flat Head 4002. This is a slim tapered fit similar to the 3002 and SE05BSP, which is made with Flat Head's original black denim.  Compared to the BSPs I used to wear, the top two inches of the thigh are slimmer, while the lower thigh is slightly looser; the hem is about the same. These have a zipper fly and a low-ish rise.

This is probably the best fit I've managed to get from a slim tapered jean, and I'll probably wear them more often starting this fall. These are the first pair of jeans that I've ever hemmed (from about 96 cm to 91 cm.)

Kyle, what shirt is that you are wearing above?  As well; can you break down the flat head/rjb shoes for us in terms of sizing. I really like the white leather flat head shoes, but with most japanese shoes they are like triple E wide, does that apply for these as well? if that was the case most would need to size down a half to a whole size?

It's a THC-116W "Pursue The Good For Life" tee, it's definitely my favorite from the spring/summer collection. 

The shoes are the same width as Converse or Vans, I wear an 11.5 in Vans, a 10 in FH sneakers, and they're virtually the same size.  The general advice is to go down a size from your regular sneaker size.  I was really quite surprised that the size 10 sneakers fit me. 

I am always around to answer questions. B)

And yes, it does - it has the same hairy, textured feel as the Pioneer denim, and based on the faded samples I've seen, it has the same vertical fading - only black. It's an original formula FH developed to fade like indigo, and the threads are rope-dyed like indigo denim, so the core of the thread remains white for better fading ability.

I am always around to answer questions. B)

And yes, it does - it has the same hairy, textured feel as the Pioneer denim, and based on the faded samples I've seen, it has the same vertical fading - only black. It's an original formula FH developed to fade like indigo, and the threads are rope-dyed like indigo denim, so the core of the thread remains white for better fading ability.

This makes me very excited to start wearing my 4001BKs!

It's a THC-116W "Pursue The Good For Life" tee, it's definitely my favorite from the spring/summer collection. 

The shoes are the same width as Converse or Vans, I wear an 11.5 in Vans, a 10 in FH sneakers, and they're virtually the same size.  The general advice is to go down a size from your regular sneaker size.  I was really quite surprised that the size 10 sneakers fit me. 

Kyle,

thanks very much for all the info, if I wear a men's US 7 in converse, what size do you think I should get in the flat head sneakers then? and do they even make them that small?

my apologies for all the questions, but you are able to get hands on with them so....

They make jeans for at least one other Superfuture-familiar brand, and have made for others in the past, but it’s clear that their closest relationship is with Flat Head. The CEO (and our tour guide) was dressed from head to toe in Flat Head apparel.  I asked him many questions about the company – their history, the other brands they’d worked with, and so on. He said that Flat Head jeans are by far the most difficult for them to make because of the unique processes and time-consuming methods we use which differ from that of other brands.

When comparing the FHs against the other MIJ jeans in my collection, the only "unique and time-consuming method" that I've noticed is the multiple sewing thread thicknesses and colours used.  What else have others noticed?

Edited by Kwaker