The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Looking to pick up my first pair of TFH. Trying to decide between F301, SE05BSP, and the RJB 103BSP. My waist measures about 29.5, and I wear a 29 in Momotaro 0705sp and PBJ xx-013.

I'd like a slim fit with a leg opening not more than 7", but nothing crazy tight or painful. The PBJs fit me very well, so something close to that would be nice.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Cheers!

@no.28 what temperature was the soak? if it was just cold, i'd do a hot agitated soak and it might work out for you, otherwise try sizing down one (may not work) or a different cut

@malikadog if you want a slimmer leg opening i would go with the se05bsp; also fwiw i found that the 103bsp can be hard to fit

Edited by ironheartfan123

@ironheartfan

i did a cold soak for an hr. and another hr of hot soak. my thighs are bigger than average for a dude my height. im gonna have to wait at least 2 more years to get another pair. these was a gf bday present and as soon as i told her that i should've sized down and i should sell these, oh boy she was pissed.

@ironheartfan

i did a cold soak for an hr. and another hr of hot soak. my thighs are bigger than average for a dude my height. im gonna have to wait at least 2 more years to get another pair. these was a gf bday present and as soon as i told her that i should've sized down and i should sell these, oh boy she was pissed.

have the hems tapered from your knee down. the upper block fits great.

Like everyone has said previously, my flat head's never got the full shrinkage out until i put them in the washing machine on delicate warm/hot.

Like Kyle who works for them always says, they need agitation to fully shrink, mine def did.

And i definitely agree hemming them will make a big difference in my personal opinion.

Edited by jcashen87

rosarkar: I used to wear BSPs in the same size, the top thigh fit about the same as the 3009s but because the rest of the leg was a lot slimmer it was rather awkward looking. The top would've been way too loose if I sized up. I think I could probably go down a size in 3009s (the waist is actually pretty loose now) so if I ever buy another pair, I'll get 31.

no. 28: That fit looks fine, it just needs a hem. I think it'd be too tight if you went down a size. You could always try another warm soak, too.

I assume you mean the Regular Size version of our shirts? I think they've been pretty well-received. I think it's mostly overseas dealers that are getting them, but some Japanese, too. I think that these are mostly a special order sort of deal - they're available if dealers want them.

Of course, what I would like to see is a "tall size" option, particularly for jeans. Maybe someday!

Hey guys. I need sizing help for 3009s.

Got a small waist relative to my thighs. My real measurements are 32.5" waist and 23.5" thighs.

Which size do you think would fit me best post soak? Thanks!

Zsoka welcome to the forum. The best thing to do is measure a pair of jeans that fit you well in the waist and thigh and cross refer with a 3009 size chart. Based on the stats you give I'd say a 33w in the 3009. A 32w would work on the thighs but may be too tight in the waist. Thecross reference I suggest would be your best bet to choose the right size.

Edited by Danny @ Rivet & Hide

dsc0406cs.jpgJust picked these up, wanted to show the arcuate detail someone was asking for earlier. Seems like it will hold up, i read somewhere its a synthetic leather, feels like it.

They are wonderful hanging up as we speak almost dry. Looks like after a hot wash in the machine im only getting .25 inch shrinkage in the leg open and thigh. Normal 2.5 in the length, 1' in the waist. Hopefully as they fully dry ill get a bit more shrink at the hem.

If any of y'all are considering the 3009s I'd say go for it. After about a month they are very comfortable. At first I thought I'd have to hem them but after the hot agitated soaks- they shrunk a considerable amount. Keep in mind I am 6 foot 3. These are my favorite denim iv owned