The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Have to strongly back up the shoulder part (though my FH wabash fits great). I sold most other FH shirts because of the shoulder/chest ratio. Iron Heart fits way better for my build. And I have to agree with Mr. garden gnomes, if I buy a shirt for 300 bucks, I want it to fit, vintage cut or not.

Congrats to Kyle again btw!

In case y'all didn't know, last year FH started offering a new fit in many shirts called the Regular Size. These are supposed to be roomier in the chest and shoulders for each size and might be a good choice for guys who prefer proportions similar to IH shirts. Also, only Flat Head's western-style shirts taper in the middle. Their work shirts are cut straight down the side, and these seem like they'd be the better choice for dudes like Max Power and ThinFinn.

I have the green houndstooth western shirt Max Power used to own, and honestly it's probably the slimmest fit of all my size 42 FH shirts.

^

It's great to get additional info on the Regular fit. Normally, in Flat Head workshirts, I have to go with size 46, so that it fits better in the mid-section. i ordered the the "Regular" in 2012s Glory Park flannel, and it was HUGE!!!! way to big. now, i'm left wondering if the 44 would be the way to go. normal 44s pull very tight throughout the entire shirt. Flat Head flannel sizing has been as frustrating as the shirts are awesome.

so, do you know if they plan to fade out normal size 46 in lieu of the Regular fit?

^

It's great to get additional info on the Regular fit. Normally, in Flat Head workshirts, I have to go with size 46, so that it fits better in the mid-section. i ordered the the "Regular" in 2012s Glory Park flannel, and it was HUGE!!!! way to big. now, i'm left wondering if the 44 would be the way to go. normal 44s pull very tight throughout the entire shirt. Flat Head flannel sizing has been as frustrating as the shirts are awesome.

so, do you know if they plan to fade out normal size 46 in lieu of the Regular fit?

No, Flat Head will continue making both 46 and also 46 "regular" which is basically a wider cut body. I still prefer their normal cut, even if it is quite slim.

@Cold or anyone else with a 3002 (or who knows of a 02 owner), know where I can snag a size chart? Thinking of grabbing a pair of the RJBxFH 3002s or a 2111, but all I have found so far for the 02s is a size chart that looks a bit generic. Was wondering if there was any real measurements out there?

TIA

And on a side note if anyone is looking to grab a cheap pair of Z3005s check the sig.

yeah i was looking there too. reason why i'm asking is cause i'm looking for a a pair of the 16oz fabric with the 2001 fit but with button fly

well more like wondering if they do make something similar to that description

Edited by llvlaglne

Cold Summer and/or Kiya, any idea if TFH has plans to produce "experimental" fabrics? (e.g. indigo/indigo, left hand twill, broken twill, colored wefts, etc.)

The Ring Ring collab looks gorgeous but the $500 price tag suggests I stick with these BSPs for now. :ph34r:

That's probably the sort of thing I'm not allowed to talk about; but, I have no idea, anyway (my guess is, probably not.)

I do think it would be cool if TFH made a left-hand twill denim with the same color/dyeing as their normal denim but a different texture.

It's a medium-weight fabric woven on a two-beam wooden dobby loom; it's heavier than fabrics like the block check pattern from recent S/S shirts and their jacquard fabric, but lighter than their houndstooth, herringbone, and winter flannel fabrics. It has a three-dimensional sort of texture to it, with the gray warp (vertical) threads creating a textured pattern that alternates between the front and back of the fabric. It's a good fabric for year-round wear and very soft.