The Flat Head

LFC4ever

I'm sorry to get you mad, for me raw jeans get better honeycombs and whiskers when they get worn for as long as possible without washing or soaking. the only way I would soak my jeans again after the initial soak is if they get really dirty, if your jeans get dirty enough that you have to clean them 4 times in 2 months then there is something wrong with you. don't mean to offend you.

nah breh, im not mad. its just that sometimes you just cant hold off on washes.

For example, that dude might go biking, tend his garden, run around with his kids/friends, etc. Who knows? Sometimes jeans get dirty quickly. Personally, A wash every 4 months is already almost too much to handle (biking, sports, etc). It was just annoying that you said something to the effect of "thats the point of raw denim"

peace

I'm sorry to get you mad, for me raw jeans get better honeycombs and whiskers when they get worn for as long as possible without washing or soaking. the only way I would soak my jeans again after the initial soak is if they get really dirty, if your jeans get dirty enough that you have to clean them 4 times in 2 months then there is something wrong with you. don't mean to offend you.

the number of times someone washes their jeans is completely up to them. if someone feels their jeans are dirty enough for a wash every 2 weeks of regular wear who are you to say there's "something wrong" with them? you kidding me? the purpose of wearing raw denim is making them yours. clinging to the idea that the longer you go without a wash the better is silly because it really all comes down to personal preference. wash as needed/desired.

Thanks for the bad rep Fang, just in case you didn't know but MLYNARD had a thread on styleforum with Mistral and we where supposed to see which jeans looked better at the end out of the two. If that was me I would of done it a little different.

Dunno guys, I'm on the fence on the wash/fade thing. I do believe the 6-month/no-wash is hype, and that's mainly thanks to APC's tag 'sea-wash' hype, and also the slower-fade first gen. Japanese beauties (SDA/Eternal/FC/Evisu).

I just keep finding evidence that the faster faders like Skull and FH don't even need three months to show pronounced fades. Blue hands tell all on fast faders.

I'm also getting pretty fond of the softer vintage fades. Since the jeans already do half our work for us these days, who cares? Nowadays, I avoid washing more from laziness :o

I do know that waiting six months to wash has nothing to do with dirtiness for me. I've just had too many jeans start to self-destruct quickly if I don't wash or soak them often. Denim needs water. Is the goal to have character from earning it, or immediate gratification?

So pretty psyched about these. 5001 via Rakuten from Second/2nd. Can't say more for those awesome people at that shop. A few google translated emails later and I had these in three days.

Identical to 3001 but button-fly and 14oz weight vs 14.5 on the 3001/BSP. Same awesome denim. Sorry for the bad lighting. Just dried after soak. 31w, 32L. I'm 5-8, 150. Get TTS

FH5001_1.jpg

FH5001_2.jpg

I washed my 3001's like five or six times in a year and they turned out fine. Sometimes I washed them because I was bored; other times I washed them because they were kind of grimy. It was a negligible difference to me, but I'm not a denimhead — I wear my jeans and don't really think about the hardware or the whoosits and whatnots all that much.

From what I've seen, jeans like FH, IH, and Sams look REAL nice with monthly soaks/washes. I don't have the link to the video anymore, but they showed the jeans of the owners of these Japanese denim companies and how many washes/length of time worn. Most were washed over 20 times in 2 years, and they looked absolutely amazing. It's moreso the lower end/ sanforized denim that needs a long time of wear before a wash to look great. Not to say that not washing your FH's would make them look worse, but the nicest ones I've seen have been washed monthly/bimonthly/frequently.

sizing question real quick if anyone can help me-

I have a pair of n&f weird guys, tagged 30, and I'm a 32 true waist but I'm pretty damn skinny. Would a pair of fh BSPs fit slimmer than the jeans I own now? I found a pair of size 31 flatheads, and I'm looking for a skinnier silhouette.

the fit pic on selfedge is exactly what I'm going for but from reading through the thread they look a little bit looser.. can someone help me out?

BSP is shrink from tag. if you're a true 32, then you need at least a TAGGED W33 on these. don't be fooled by the 1st soak__ the 2nd is a killer. . the denim contracts and weave gets even tighter on the 2nd soak... holds no quarter for a sympathy stretch. found that out the hard way.:(

does anybody own the FH cordovan card case? experiences?

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on it but I'm just not exactly sure how functional it'll end up being. I'm used to using a regular wallet, not just a card case but I don't think I really need all the extra weight on me.

does anybody own the FH cordovan card case? experiences?

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on it but I'm just not exactly sure how functional it'll end up being. I'm used to using a regular wallet, not just a card case but I don't think I really need all the extra weight on me.

I use it as my wallet and I love it. I have thought at times that I would like it to be secured to me but since I carry it in my front pocket, it is not really a big issue. As a functional wallet, it works well. I keep my ID and credit cards on the outer pocket, and then cash and cards in the other two inner pockets. Grab one!

I use it as my wallet and I love it. I have thought at times that I would like it to be secured to me but since I carry it in my front pocket, it is not really a big issue. As a functional wallet, it works well. I keep my ID and credit cards on the outer pocket, and then cash and cards in the other two inner pockets. Grab one!

Nice! do you have any pics? Will cash folded once hamburger-wise fit in it? hahaha

is this keyhook done for? EDITTT: plus is there pics of anyone wearing it?

dvZuJn

A few months back someone posted some other company that was selling them on ebay on the cheap. I meant to pick one up But now I can't seem to find them. Searching for FIshhook key chain used to work. I've always liked the look of that and would love to get one regardless of the brand selling it.

A few months back someone posted some other company that was selling them on ebay on the cheap. I meant to pick one up But now I can't seem to find them. Searching for FIshhook key chain used to work. I've always liked the look of that and would love to get one regardless of the brand selling it.

I actually know of a guy selling them on ebay, and I bought one from him awhile ago. The only difference is that it doesn't have the extra rings, just the hook itself. I just checked his listings and found a brass colored one in item number 220583236283.

He doesn't have a silver colored one listed right now, but he has some other variations in silver. He was also pretty easy to deal with in terms of trying to find what you want, and he shipped quickly. His username is also x-kaijin-x.

I actually know of a guy selling them on ebay, and I bought one from him awhile ago. The only difference is that it doesn't have the extra rings, just the hook itself. I just checked his listings and found a brass colored one in item number 220583236283.

He doesn't have a silver colored one listed right now, but he has some other variations in silver. He was also pretty easy to deal with in terms of trying to find what you want, and he shipped quickly. His username is also x-kaijin-x.

thanks for this I've been looking too, and for reference this is one of the listings as a link to make it easier for people

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Multiple-FISHHOOK-Type-Motorcycle-Key-Ring-1950_W0QQitemZ220583236283QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20100404?IMSfp=TL100404223008r6686

i love the electric blue FH's fade to (see:amnesiac's evo-- really nice btw) but really hate the intense knee fades FHs seem to all show.

are FHs really tight in the knees? or is this type of fade pretty much unavoidable in a slim cut. it just looks bad to me to have a nice dark denim.... with a little nice, subtle fade in front... with such an intense knee fading. it almost looks off balance/inconsistent to me, if that makes sense.