The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Guest wockawockawocka

i posted a few posts earlier. no washes. i usually wear skulls and these are pretty much exactly the same size measurement wise as my skulls. the skulls stretched a bit more and fit me perfectly. these are pretty tight in the waist and thighs, etc.

Hi, just got my new FH 3005 classic from selfedge! There's a few question that I would like to ask before soaking it. I bought it true to size so I'm worried that it will become too tight for me after soaking it. some member suggest to soak them in cold water for 30 min. Will this solve the problem?

for 5XXX denim owner, is it just me or the denim is a little slubbier than 3XXX denim?

By slubby do you mean how far apart the white threads and blue threads are in irregularity?

I don't know how the 5xxx series compares to the 3xxx series. I don't own any pairs of the 3xxx.....

But i think the 5xxx is < IH301S or IH634S in slubbiness. The 5xxx denim honestly feels pajama soft just after 2 hot soaks and about 2 days of wear. The denim is just completely soft and hairy everywhere.

Slubby is a term used in the textile industry. It's been there a long time.

I have a feeling that it comes from "Schlubby" which is Yiddish for being clumsy, stupid, imperfect, etc... A "schlub" is someone with these characteristics.

Or it could come from the word "Slobby" which is derived from Irish Gaelic. It means something similar to "Schlubby"--sovenly, crude, obnoxious, etc... A "slob" is someone with these characteristics.

Because of the long Jewish tradition in textiles, I'm leaning toward the "Schlub" theory.

Not a big deal, but something interesting for the etymologists out there.

So no Simon, i dont think that is what he meant by slubby. You are talking about something to do with the warp and weft weave tightness, which really cant be compared between IH and FH. IH denim is like night and day compared to FH denim.

IH IS night and day when compared to other denim....honestly i'm so fucking glad that out of the 4 pairs of raw denim that i own, two are from Ironheart. Defffffinitely did not waste my money trying to figure out what was good.

As wise person once said, "The grass ain't greener on the other side" hahaha

oh yea, so by "slubby" what people mean is "natural-ness" right? So like, if once pair of jeans are "slubbier" than another, it means that one jean has more "characteristics" or "personality" than another....right?

In that case, the 5xxx series is very slubby. There's lots of hairs raising off of the jean, and it doesn't really look similar to other 5100 jeans that i've seen on the internet.... So i guess the 5xxx is very slubby. I've seen a lot of 3xxx jeans that more or less end up looking very simliar....but then again, there really is not that many pairs of 5100 that i've seen around. Sorry if i don't seem like too much help :/ I'm kinda noobie, just really been in the raw denim game a little over a year.

BTW, just a shout out....

WHERE ARE ALL THE 5100 FLATHEADS AT?!?! POST SOME PICS YO!

Guest Midnite8

3xxx and 1xxxx don't really get slubby, I know because I've had both pairs. A lot of times, I see people refer to slubbiness in jeans like Pure Blue Japan because it is true, their denim(esp. like my 007) is made to look sooooo slubby its pure sex lol

oh yea, so by "slubby" what people mean is "natural-ness" right?

"Slub" isn't that abstract a concept...Here is a picture:

PBJ (I know, this is the FH thread but he needs help)

19370_10100147617135894_2323639_60418673_814931_n.jpg

Not the best example, but see all those little "nubs" that stick out?

I seee! Thanks for the info, very very informative (:

By that example, i'm not sure if my 5100's count exactly as slubby....but they're definitely hairy haha. They're not very worn (actually only about 3 wears deep and then retired till the hot hot months 'cause i wanna wear my IH as much as possible until i can't)

DSC00556.jpg

DSC00557.jpg

What do you guys think?

Also, i dunno if it's the same with all FH models, but do other pairs of Flatheads have the belt loops that are actually tucked into the waist and then sewn? On mine they're just sewn onto the jean, without being tucked into the belt loop as opposed to my Simon Millers and Iron Hearts that DO have the belt loops tucked and sewn into the waist for added durability.

Also, can you guys tell me how Flat Head stands in the denim community? Compared to other brands, how do you guys like The Flathead jeans? Price-wise, they're not as costly as IH, but i notice that many times, Flatheads are often sold out and they do seem like jeans with great fading characteristics. The Belt loops just kinda peeves me....

think what? we need fit pics we know what kind of denim your 5100s are we need fit pictures asap

Oh no, i was just asking what do you guys think about Flathead the jean company and their jeans, compared to OTHER jeans/ jean companies.

Are you guys asking me for fit pics of my 5100's?

I'll try and post tomorrow!

I guess i know what pair of jeans i'm wearing tomorrow hahaha

Demonito my Flatheads are made of the 5xxx denim. They're the Flathead Ten Year Anniversary Edition 5100xx. They're a little roomier than the typical straight fit.

Oh no, i was just asking what do you guys think about Flathead the jean company and their jeans, compared to OTHER jeans/ jean companies.

Are you guys asking me for fit pics of my 5100's?

I'll try and post tomorrow!

I guess i know what pair of jeans i'm wearing tomorrow hahaha

Demonito my Flatheads are made of the 5xxx denim. They're the Flathead Ten Year Anniversary Edition 5100xx. They're a little roomier than the typical straight fit.

...read through the thread please... It'll answer your questions completely and you will have plenty of opportunities to learn new and interesting things.

Also, i dunno if it's the same with all FH models, but do other pairs of Flatheads have the belt loops that are actually tucked into the waist and then sewn? On mine they're just sewn onto the jean, without being tucked into the belt loop as opposed to my Simon Millers and Iron Hearts that DO have the belt loops tucked and sewn into the waist for added durability.

Also, can you guys tell me how Flat Head stands in the denim community? Compared to other brands, how do you guys like The Flathead jeans? Price-wise, they're not as costly as IH, but i notice that many times, Flatheads are often sold out and they do seem like jeans with great fading characteristics. The Belt loops just kinda peeves me....

Flat Heads are pretty popular within the raw denim commun. Their denim isn't as heavy as other companies; IH, Samurai, SDA; but for what they lack in weight, they make up for in contrast. Flat Head jeans are known to be some of the most contrasty jeans from Japan.

Anyone here have experience with the 5001 slim-straight?

Anyone here have any experience with ordering from http://www.flat-head.co.uk ?

Even better, can anyone do a head-to-head of the 3001/5001 and the BSP model in terms of snugness? I have the BSP, which is just too slim in the leg - both thigh, taper and knee (top block is great though).

Would love any feedback.

Mlyngard- website is legit, got my s5001 from them, it's a slim fit but not too tapered, wore them wet after first soak and they loosened up quite a bit in the theighs. I have posted a few fit pics in waywt denim in the last 3-4 weeks. Also posted a fit pic in this thread when new about 40 days ago, they have loosened up quite a bit since. New pics when I get a chance. Hope that helps, good luck