The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Pete's cuff is about 2" on that jean there..

anyone? i know a few of you have this

I have no idea, that's a random request, why do you want to know?

I'm getting ready to make my first serious denim purchase and have decided on a pair of F310/3001 or 1001; however, I'm not sure about sizing despite searching and reading most of this thread.

My true waist is 32", my thighs measure 22" at the thickest , and my true inseam is 29.5" (FYI, 5'9", 165lbs).

This would be my first proper pair of slim fit denim, so I'm unsure about how slim I should go in the thighs. I think that 11.3" post soak is the magic number. In that case, I would go with a tagged 31 for the F310, and a tagged 32 for the 1001.

I'm pretty sure about the size for the F310, but I don't know about the 1001after reading about the stretching and people sizing down. If I size down to a 31 I'm worried about the thighs being to tight...

I'm probably making this more complicated than it should be but after several failed attempts at slim fits I want to make sure I get the sizing right on these. Thanks.

For reference, I like these fits (couldn't find too many of shorter people with my build):

3324497250_6c36a2243c.jpg

crop.JPG

(I'm aware that the second photo is of SEXFH05)

PeterParker, i'd go with a 32 in the 1001s based on your descriptions. My brother is about your size and went with imperial shearers size 30 that have an 11.4 measurement for the thighs. here's a picture for reference.

antshearer2.jpg

i have a pair of flathead bsps, and all they have stretched is back to the original measurements as far as i know.

PeterParker, i'd go with a 32 in the 1001s based on your descriptions. My brother is about your size and went with imperial shearers size 30 that have an 11.4 measurement for the thighs. here's a picture for reference.

i have a pair of flathead bsps, and all they have stretched is back to the original measurements as far as i know.

Thanks for the input. I'd actually prefer a slimmer fit through the thigh, which could probably be achieved with a hot soak on the 32's.

What's the general sizing rule for the 1001, relative to your F310/3100 size (size TTS/up/down)?

PeterParker, the second picture you posted was my fit pic of my SEXFH05's I went true to size, my true waist is like 30.5 and I went to a 31... I'd get true to size on the 1001's try em on and then decide from there if you want to do a cold soak or a hot soak.

whens an ideal time to wash my f 380's?? does it make a difference to hold off until 6 months + ?? im at about 3 months now..

if they stretched out allot, i would give them a hot soak without detergent. it depends on how much wear you have for 3 months, if theyre smelly because youve been biking in them 5-10 miles a day then yeah i would give them a wash. but if youve just been wearing them daily and theres minimal wear then i would hold off a little longer

whens an ideal time to wash my f 380's?? does it make a difference to hold off until 6 months + ?? im at about 3 months now..

go the soak (layed flat with minimal folding if possible) instead of a full wash. it allows the jeans to retain their current creases so that when you put them back on the wear will still occur where it does now.

So my BSPs may get a wash soon, However, I don't have a bathtub, or any real place to hang dry. What are my options? or should I just never wash them?

the only things i can think of is put them in a bucket, full of water, and let em dry on a patio, etc.

ocean wash and lay them out later on

or shower with them and hang em over a chair outside

Some fit pics of my size 32 BSP's. For reference I'm 5'10" and about 155 lbs. These are after around 3 weeks of very very light wear. I love them so far. They are stretching and settling nicely. Pretty much exactly what I was looking for in a slim fit. The ass still needs to settle a bit more though. Can't wait to see some real progress in the next few months.

P4120992-1.jpg

P4120996.jpg

P4120997.jpg