The Flat Head

LFC4ever

It looks a bit big on you still, just a little wide in the body.

So I have already pre-soeaked my 1001's, the question is will they shrink again after my next soak (in length)? I did my prior soak for about 45 minutes to an hour in steaming hot water. After this I got them hemmed cause I'm short as hell. They fit absolutely perfect right now, I'm just scared they might shrink up in the next soak. Please put my haunting thoughts aside that I will end up with floods. Thanks in advance.

So I have already pre-soeaked my 1001's, the question is will they shrink again after my next soak (in length)? I did my prior soak for about 45 minutes to an hour in steaming hot water. After this I got them hemmed cause I'm short as hell. They fit absolutely perfect right now, I'm just scared they might shrink up in the next soak. Please put my haunting thoughts aside that I will end up with floods. Thanks in advance.

With a soak that long and hot you pretty much got all shrinking out of the way

There is probably still some shrinkage left in them. Usually agitation while soaking (i.e. a wash) yields further shrinkage than just a soak. Throwing them in the dryer leads to even more shrinkage, so if you don't want to lose any more length best to only hang dry.

They'll probably shrink another inch in the inseam with a wash, but you should be able to stretch the inseam back out while they're still damp if you can't afford to lose the length.

My flathead F310s just came in yesterday, went tts. here are some post soak fit pics :

nice....fit almost the same as mine...i went tts also....quite a few people said it was gonna be too tight after hot soak but they stretched quite a fair bit and they fit even better now

hi guys, my first post and chose to post here as this thread and the thread on the world tour probably influence me the most on getting the flathead 3001. Just want to share some pre-post soak fit pics and measurements

By the way, I went TTS and my true waist is 32inch

enjoy the pics

Flathead012.jpg

Flathead013.jpg

Flathead014.jpg

Flathead015.jpg

Flathead016.jpg

Flathead017.jpg

Flathead021.jpg

Flathead023.jpg

Need some experts to shed some light on shrinkage with my FH F310s. I've been wearing them since early September but I feel like the first soak I had to take the shrinkage out wasn't fully successful.

I say this because I got the jeans hemmed to 35.5 inches at selfedge when I placed the order, and soaked them for 20 mins in warm water in the tub. I had forgotten to measure the inseam when I first got the jeans, but when I measure the inseam now it comes out to 35 inches still.

Could it be that I didn't get all the shrinkage out when I first soaked? I feel like they are a bit long and was debating about hemming them. Do I just need to hot soak them in really hot water for a longer period of time now to shrink the inseam a bit? Selfedge claims that the inseam should shrink 3 inches upon first wash..so this is where I'm kind of mind boggled.

Thanks

cmcia, thanks for the compliments. I will be wearing it like that for a while and decide later whether to hem, the problem is there's no hemming service with a chain stitch machine where I live( Singapore). I'll probably have to wait till I make a trip to HK or Bangkok.

Oh shit yeah, three of my favorite things to come out in a while..

Flat Head Native Smoke Varsity Jacket

FH-CAL_01.jpg

FH-CAL_02.jpg

FH-CAL_05.jpg

FH-CAL_07.jpg

Flat Head Black Mint Wool & Horsehide Brando Jacket

FH-BLK_01.jpg

FH-BLK_03.jpg

FH-BLK_04.jpg

FH-BLK_05.jpg

FH-BLK_06.jpg

FH-BLK_07.jpg