The Flat Head

LFC4ever

if that was a post soak fit it would be close to perfect ( youb are gonna soak the top block arnt you ) kind of off topic but have you any pics of your left arm in the tattoo thread, been working on something similar myself

I wansn´t planning on soaking the top, I will wait a few week until it loosens up a little.

I will post some pictures of tattoos on the thread.

hey does anyone know whether the 3001/1001's from 2nd are the same sizes/measurements as the ones from selfedge? I only ask because 2nd hasnt got any measurements posted up, and I read somewhere that there may be differences with tagged sizes

and is the general consensus that going TTS is the best method or should I size down? Thanks

hey does anyone know whether the 3001/1001's from 2nd are the same sizes/measurements as the ones from selfedge? I only ask because 2nd hasnt got any measurements posted up, and I read somewhere that there may be differences with measurements

and is the general consensus that going TTS is the best method or should I size down? Thanks

Flat Head denim has the potential to shrink a lot. Here's the advice I've given friends:

Skinny Thighs

Go TTS. Cold soak and wash for a flattering slim straight fit, hot soak and use a dryer once in the future for a skinny fit.

Musuclar Thighs

Go TTS and cold soak/wash for a slim straight fit.

Size up 1 and hot soak/use dryer once for similar fit, but with more forgiving thigh room.

The last method is what I did and I'm very pleased with the fit and comfort.

a couple of micros

IMG_1623.jpg

IMG_1621.jpg

IMG_1619.jpg

IMG_1620.jpg

That's gotta be you. The belt was a dead give away ;)

I just got done photographing the flathead crew for Inventory. Kobayashi san gave me a pair of 3009. Gonna soak them now. Not sure of the shrinkage so I'm gonna start with a warm soak.

work has been kicking my butt. I'm beat and haven't had a chance to look through the pics yet. just finished the shoot earlier today. plus, I can't post anything that I'm going to submit. however, I promise to post pics that I didn't submit. would you settle for this pic of me and Kobayashi san for now.

On a side note, the story is gonna be in the fall issue. 8-10 page article on Flat Head.

IMG_3710.jpg

work has been kicking my butt. I'm beat and haven't had a chance to look through the pics yet. just finished the shoot earlier today. plus, I can't post anything that I'm going to submit. however, I promise to post pics that I didn't submit. would you settle for this pic of me and Kobayashi san for now.

On a side note, the story is gonna be in the fall issue. 8-10 page article on Flat Head.

IMG_3710.jpg

Yea but who is the best assistant ever?

Ok so still trying to figure out these FHxRR jeans.

Had them for maybe 2 months now, but very minimal wear (Aussie summer has been ridiculous).

Tagged size: 30

Actual Waist size: 33

Hem length: 32

This is after a (2nd) boiling hot soak! Pre-soak waist was still 33, I can't get these things to shrink.

I honestly wish I sized down to a 29, the waist isn't very comfortable with this much room.

The two front belt loops don't really leave much room for my FH belt buckle. :(

sokjonrr.th.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hey guys-

coming back into the denim game after having bought a pair of F310's in a size 31 a while back. in the past two years, i've reverted back to just wearing APC NS sz 29s and have so today, which probably makes me a natural waist sz 31-32.

I just dug up my F310s and they are woefully small now (especially the thigh). A large part of this is that they have been mistakenly put in the washer and even in the dry cleaner... if I had treated it properly, would it still have maintained a waist sz 31?

I'm reconsidering getting the F310 again but honestly, I am confused by all the various models mentioned here and on selfedge. Is the 310 on selfedge the same F310 I got three years ago (i thought the f310 was a limited edition)? i'm guessing selfedge is the best place to buy flathead gear?

I want the APC NS silhouette sz 29 fit (slim, but not too slim) but want it at a high grade denim that'll fade well. i'm open-minded to any other brands but i've liked flathead as a company a lot when i used to wear their gear

i know, i know... sound like a complete noob here. as in the past, i'm obligated to anyone who can reach out a hand and help me out here-

i'll post some pics of my three year old f310 to contribute to the thread later

I usually do this to get most of the shrinkage out.

hotsoak -> dryer -> hotsoak -> hang dry

Ok so still trying to figure out these FHxRR jeans.

Had them for maybe 2 months now, but very minimal wear (Aussie summer has been ridiculous).

Tagged size: 30

Actual Waist size: 33

Hem length: 32

This is after a (2nd) boiling hot soak! Pre-soak waist was still 33, I can't get these things to shrink.

I honestly wish I sized down to a 29, the waist isn't very comfortable with this much room.

The two front belt loops don't really leave much room for my FH belt buckle. :(

sokjonrr.th.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Im a bit confused about the f310. It says in the measurements on Selfedge that its straight from the knee to the hem, but in some post soak measurements i´ve seen that the hem is 0,5 inches narrower than the knee... someone help me out here

There is a slight taper which will becomes less noticeable depending on how much you hem.