^ seemed like a really fun thing to do but after actually trying HDR out...not as fun as it looks.

i think it looks terrible the ones that go over the top and end up on digg's frontpage. so wack, can't wait for it to die. if it were more subtle like shooting with velvia I could understand, or if you had really blown out highlights etc. than yeah HDR could be fantastic.

Infrared shot of the park near my house

2490070827_e2ddfae2a0.jpg

Full size: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2264/2490070827_e88f73198e_o.jpg

dudesir.jpg

Cool shot, infrared is fun just don't neglect PP. The above is just with a simple lightroom IR preset but it's pretty much just the red channel dropped and the blue pushed up with a few other minor adjustments.

This guy has written a decent guide

dudesir.jpg

Cool shot, infrared is fun just don't neglect PP. The above is just with a simple lightroom IR preset but it's pretty much just the red channel dropped and the blue pushed up with a few other minor adjustments.

This guy has written a decent guide

Yeah, ive been experimenting with it for a few months now, ive tried all the white balancing and channel swapping stuff, I just like the red on this one, really strong colour so I left it as shot. Thanks for the tips anyway though.

I've a question to all you supershutterbugs out there.

Hearing about canon-made legends has reached to a stage where it's suffocating. Not meaning to diss the canon users out there.

I mean James Nachtwey my personal inspiration uses a Canon. But what do you guys know about the legends using Nikon?

I have no idea who does it. but as far as i'm concerned, James Nachtwey has the best B/W pictures in da house.

people might argue that there's henri cartier bresson tho'.

Fill me in.

I've a question to all you supershutterbugs out there.

Hearing about canon-made legends has reached to a stage where it's suffocating. Not meaning to diss the canon users out there.

I mean James Nachtwey my personal inspiration uses a Canon. But what do you guys know about the legends using Nikon?

I have no idea who does it. but as far as i'm concerned, James Nachtwey has the best B/W pictures in da house.

people might argue that there's henri cartier bresson tho'.

Fill me in.

They're all just tools. For me when I went digital it was a no brainer. I shoot so much wide angle I needed full frame. 5D was a camera more geared to my useage and more at my price point. At the time Canon was the only ff option. Most photojouralists also like FF becasue they also shoot so much wide angle images. Bresson was Leica M for the most part. Nikon now has a real alternative with the D3 (FF) Its taken them a real long time to get up to speed.

not jock-riding, but thanks for the valuable input.

I've always wanted to know what is a best photojournalistic lens? like james nachtwey's, i noticed he primarily shoots wide angle, 14mm (rwanda boy with slashes across his face), as a portrait.

what range is of serious value when you wanna shoot wide angle, also would you pick a 17-55mm over a 17-35mm, even though the 17-35 mm is way more exorbitant.

I've always wanted to know what is a best photojournalistic lens? like james nachtwey's, i noticed he primarily shoots wide angle, 14mm (rwanda boy with slashes across his face), as a portrait.

what range is of serious value when you wanna shoot wide angle, also would you pick a 17-55mm over a 17-35mm, even though the 17-35 mm is way more exorbitant.

I just wanna say that I love my Sigma 10-20mm.

And I'm not sure if I understood correclty, but did you say that guy uses a 14mm lens for portraits? That's just silly...

I think 35mm is close to pushing it in regards to a portrait lens…especially if you get too close. Though there is an intimacy with shooting up close, you learn to evoke intimacy at other distances in portraits as you gain experience (in theory).

I only shoot sharp fast primes. I need the speed.