mike lowrey: Nice, Vietnam? I might be going there and am wondering if you have any recommendations or words of warning and such, good even if just regarding photographing things.

wax: That top one, awesome.

pooble62.jpg

pooble63.jpg

pooble61.jpg

hai guys pls help me

i need to get a new camera, I am not a pro photographer but I like a quality camera that I can have fun with, for waywts, streetstyle photos taken here and there, bla bla bla. my budget is around 300 euros. recommendations?

mike great shots as always - what camera/lens are you using? stuff looks so clean...

400D with 17-55 2.8 IS

great pics, mr lowrey. looks like southeast asia... vietnam?

yessir

hai guys pls help me

i need to get a new camera, I am not a pro photographer but I like a quality camera that I can have fun with, for waywts, streetstyle photos taken here and there, bla bla bla. my budget is around 300 euros. recommendations?

jayne I think you could police a Canon G9 for that price, or slightly more. I think theres a camera copping thread somewhere, check it out

Also check out Dpreview.com great website for reviews

Hope this helps

i agree check out dpreview they're usually really good and really accurate but don't take them as ur only recommendation they can be a little harsh about some subject bc they take it from a purely technical side

im in need of a new tripod...something under $100, sturdy. any recommendations?

also, I was just at the local shop talkin about UV filters. noticed theres diferent price ranges from like $15 to like $100. I've always used the B+W UV filters that cost like $20-30. Is there any benefit of having a more expensive UV filter other than protection and clearer glass?

i agree check out dpreview they're usually really good and really accurate but don't take them as ur only recommendation they can be a little harsh about some subject bc they take it from a purely technical side

kenrockwell is also a great review site. He's heavily biased to certain things I feel like but he's very very honest about the things he reviews.

also, I was just at the local shop talkin about UV filters. noticed theres diferent price ranges from like $15 to like $100. I've always used the B+W UV filters that cost like $20-30. Is there any benefit of having a more expensive UV filter other than protection and clearer glass?

Check eBay. I got a Velbon El Carmagne 530 for $130 (retails for $290). I'm sure you can get some good deals on the Bogen 3021 w/ some head. It's not going to be as lightweight as carbon fiber, but it's solid.

B+W UV Haze MRC filters are all that you need.

^ hey thanks man, I needed that advice too. I'd rather go for something solid anyways... I'm always freaked with my tripod accidentally tipping over etc.

and to wisie... that is a damned beautifully composed beach picture... very moving even though it's cliche. I hope I have a pic like that of me someday.

Dude, you could try try a brand of tripod that's Benro. I know all the bollocks of stuff being made in China, but this tripod has been sweared by a couple of my friends, and by the looks of it, the benro tripod is affordable and sturdy. worth every cent.

By far, to my knowledge, a better filter gives you more clarity. (without filter gives you the best of your len's capability).