Portrait_208639a.jpg

This isn't my photo. It's from the Times Online's Young Photographer of the Year competition, but I was wondering how she did it. I thought HDR was for only immobile things. Am I just retarded? I thought for HDR you had to take several shots from different angles and different exposure.

It looks to me to be exposed for the sky and the camera set for that and the flash set to match that exposure and an obvious burn on the sky or dodge on the face. See the halo around the head. Kinda hard to do try HDR on mocing objects and I've seen very few examples of any HDR that really loks good. Kinda like a color zone system on acid.

Wait, that´s rubberbands used to show the joints?

Very clever, and works great, had me checking a couple of times.

Yep, the model used the bands to show the joints.

^ creepy.

oh gawwd is that creepy or what?
Learning to live scares me

Maybe I'm the photographer, I don't find it scary at all lol!

heres a challenge, take one with limbs lying around her while she is awkwardly position to hide her real limbs!

Hah!

I can consider this idea if we ever reshoot or shoot something similar again!

I tried to capture the psychedelicness of the colour in my room

img3579wh2.jpg

img3578su7.jpg

img3581wz0.jpg

img3588mu2.jpg

He has been here for a couple of days now, get a job hobo escargot !

img3685da5.jpg

(canon 400d, 18-55IS lens, that will I hope be replaced very soon, 1600iso for the 4 first ones)

I forgot to say that i reduced noise by a tad bit on the 3rd and 4th one in Lightroom. That makes more sense now ;) !

But overally, I shoot lots of photos in 1600iso, and they come out clean most of the time, especially when viewed half sized or more.

HDR can be done for any photo that has been shot in .RAW format. Basically, you can go through and select different exposure levels for the same photo and just stitch 'em together normal-like. In fact, I am very certain that many 'pro' HDR software can just run through a single .raw file and go from there.

I tried to capture the psychedelicness of the colour in my room

img3579wh2.jpg

img3578su7.jpg

img3581wz0.jpg

img3588mu2.jpg

He has been here for a couple of days now, get a job hobo escargot !

img3685da5.jpg

(canon 400d, 18-55IS lens, that will I hope be replaced very soon, 1600iso for the 4 first ones)

you must be on some drugs if those bits of color are causing you to be in a psychedelic state

you must be on some drugs if those bits of color are causing you to be in a psychedelic state

no no no it didn't put me into a psychedelic state :eek: ! Just that, when I took those photos, the colors where very ... washed out... and it looked good. But the render on the photos is not what my eyes really saw, too bad.

Does anyone use a cokin filter system?

I need ND/GND filters and Im looking if I should go for cokin

just got one two days ago. agreed with totallyepic, go with the cokin holder and ring but get a diffenrent filter. im not exactly satisfied with my filter, feels extremely cheap...

Does anyone use a cokin filter system?

I need ND/GND filters and Im looking if I should go for cokin

I use the Z-Pro for 10-22 and don't get any vignette but with that 5 minute exposure the shot seemed to have little areas which were irregular and required burning so they were less noticable but I think that's because the filter wasn't 100% clean as I had to wipe it once from spray of the waves earlier in the shoot.

The P series can be used for wide angle stuff as I believe there is a slimline thing you can get but it only allows you to use one filter which differs to the Z-Pro as you can use 3 filters at once

Give the Lee system some consideration as a lot of people seem to prefer that over Cokin.

You need Z-Pro for wide angle. There's nothing wrong with the P, but if you ever, for example, get the 16-35 lens on a FF body then you need the Z-Pro.

You can get a special wide-angle P holder, Z pro filters cost way more. Ive been using a cokin p system for a few months now and I really like it, its really modular. The filters can be a bit cheap, but its good if you just want to try stuff out, if you like the results, theres nothing stopping you from upgrading to a better filter.

heres a challenge, take one with limbs lying around her while she is awkwardly position to hide her real limbs!

Hah!

I can consider this idea if we ever reshoot or shoot something similar again!

get ordo to photochop it!!!!