YAY, I was waiting for some cosplay pictures to come out. Glad it was a unique/interesting one.

does anyone have any experience with the 17-40 L? I need a decent wide angle lens and I heard this was a great lens for the price.

i got a 17 - 40 on a cropped its a good general purpose lense, not really ultra wide its more like 28 - 64mm which is still fairly wide

i would look at the tokina 11 - 16 2.8

That top one is great. I would adjust it a bit for perspective in PS, though. Maybe bump exposure and contrast a little. Just some advice. Nice shot regardless.

I actually dropped the contrast a little because the sky was coming out brighter than I liked, but it does read better than the unedited shot where the colours were washed out and stuff. I'm trying to keep these raw without crops and skewing etc. (which I used to do a lot, I'm trying a different way of working) so the most I do is adjust the curves and colours, but thanks for the advice, I appreciate it.

dig that first shot. I have a hard time shooting on a plane. Thats a plane right? it doesn't even really look like one. YEs it does.

That's probably a train keagan. Planes don't tend to have such large windows.