Price drops! Then you can get D200.

Here's what you need to think about . D80 and D200 produce the exact same quality images. D200 is just bigger and takes compact flash. And computes faster, etc, more things here and there. So, if you serious about this, go for D200, if just travel photo, and etc, D80. D80 takes SD btw.

Price drops! Then you can get D200.

Here's what you need to think about . D80 and D200 produce the exact same quality images. D200 is just bigger and takes compact flash. And computes faster, etc, more things here and there. So, if you serious about this, go for D200, if just travel photo, and etc, D80. D80 takes SD btw.

If the image quality is the same then I think i'll go for the d80. I have the option of getting the d80 kit for 800 shipped (<50 actuations) and that's half the price of a d200 + lens.....I think i'll grab the d80, gain some knowledge and maybe in a few years i'll be ready to move onto a 5D or something...

If the image quality is the same then I think i'll go for the d80. I have the option of getting the d80 kit for 800 shipped (<50 actuations) and that's half the price of a d200 + lens.....I think i'll grab the d80, gain some knowledge and maybe in a few years i'll be ready to move onto a 5D or something...

if you plan to switch to canon in the future i'd go with canon now as you should be thinking about buying into a "system". the lenses you buy for the d80 now and in the near future will be worthless when you switch to a 5d. but if you plan to stay with nikon you'll be fine.

since the 40d came out recently you can get pretty good deals on the 30d. regardless of which you choose you should be happy. with enough practice any of the cameras mentioned will take great pictures.

if you plan to switch to canon in the future i'd go with canon now as you should be thinking about buying into a "system". the lenses you buy for the d80 now and in the near future will be worthless when you switch to a 5d. but if you plan to stay with nikon you'll be fine.

since the 40d came out recently you can get pretty good deals on the 30d. regardless of which you choose you should be happy. with enough practice any of the cameras mentioned will take great pictures.

That's a good point. The thing is, I took people's advice and actually went to a store to try out the cameras. Fooled around with a D200, D80 and a 30D. Nikon just felt better in my hands, everything was designed better and the grip was more comfortable. The EOS 30D felt like a brick in my hands, but it wasn't that bad. You know how they say go with the camera that fits best? Should I, even if everything tells me otherwise on paper?

That's a good point. The thing is, I took people's advice and actually went to a store to try out the cameras. Fooled around with a D200, D80 and a 30D. Nikon just felt better in my hands, everything was designed better and the grip was more comfortable. The EOS 30D felt like a brick in my hands, but it wasn't that bad. You know how they say go with the camera that fits best? Should I, even if everything tells me otherwise on paper?

i hear you depht. i did the same. the d80 does feel really nice. it's smaller/more compact than the 30d - and lighter. i ended up going with the latest and greatest 40d + 17-55 IS lens and don't regret it one bit. i came from a sony p&s after taking a hiatus from shooting film slr back in college. after looking at some enlargements made from the p&s i was so disappointed. so here i am in the world of the dslr. yeah, it's a bit of a pain lugging it around but the pictures are so much better. and as i said in my previous post, that's all that counts. good luck with your decision.

How would someone like myself, who's colourblind, go about tweaking photos of colour... I tend not to play around with colours as a result...

yeah, that's a tuffy. i'd assume you can see contrast, saturation and sharpness... maybe do the pp on those things yourself then have someone with regular vision work with you on color. just a thought.

gorgeous!! was this made with a lomo coloursplash by any chance?

No this was on a DSLR.

rirawin: There are colorblind people that will sample various spots on their photos and learn to recognize RGB values that yield good results. Personally, I couldn't imagine how difficult that would be, but it is possible.

Rirawin...it is possible, one of the best photographers i know and certianly the best toner is colorblind. His color is amazing. I of course, not knowing the first thing about it, dont even know where to start to help you out.

Been a slow few days at the paper...

treelw9.jpg