Serioulsy, if youre not going to offer constructive criticism, then either post some of your own shots or shut up, this is a thread for people to share their work, not slag everyone else's off.

he asked how the sky is off, i answered...

who are you to say what the thread is for or how it should be used?

you need to stop being a little bitchh

he asked how the sky is off, i answered...

who are you to say what the thread is for or how it should be used?

you need to stop being a little bitchh

Im not saying you can't dislike things or voice your opinions, all Im saying is that negative critiscism isn't helping anyone. If you dont like someone's shot, thats fine, but explain yourself, don't just bitch about people's work.

i'd rather see people post shitty photos then read any more of kenmon's posts. if your going to critique someone do it constructively don't attack them and say they suck then give broad ranging reasons they suck with no advice of how to improve.

he'll probably neg rep me again for a difference of opinion

Exactly...lets follow this example children.

hey watch it you gave me an infraction ,,, just because my skills arent that " good " for your standard?

anyways you take care dont abuse your power

How the hell is the sky off? Its blue. There would be no motion blur if I used a tripod anyways.

This might have been covered already, but what was your f/stop? It does look blurry, probably due to the shallow depth of field.

How the hell is the sky off? Its blue. There would be no motion blur if I used a tripod anyways.

1. Despite "extending the dynamic range of your photos", the sky is still blown out white at the bottom.

2. The colors just suck, as subjective as that is.

3. Chromatic aboration around the leaves is horrible.

This might have been covered already, but what was your f/stop? It does look blurry, probably due to the shallow depth of field.

I'm not sure since I don't have the RAW anymore, but it was probably f/3.5 since I took the picture a long time ago.

1. Despite "extending the dynamic range of your photos", the sky is still blown out white at the bottom.

2. The colors just suck, as subjective as that is.

3. Chromatic aboration around the leaves is horrible.

1) Those are actually clouds.

2) It might be my monitor, but the colors look good to me.

3) There is no actual chromatic aberration, it is the leaves moving slightly between the 3 exposures.

Also, seriously with the negative criticism. It doesn't help anyone, so if anyone is going to say anything about anyone's photography, be CONSTRUCTIVE.

I'm not sure since I don't have the RAW anymore, but it was probably f/3.5 since I took the picture a long time ago.

1) Those are actually clouds.

2) It might be my monitor, but the colors look good to me.

3) There is no actual chromatic aberration, it is the leaves moving slightly between the 3 exposures.

Also, seriously with the negative criticism. It doesn't help anyone, so if anyone is going to say anything about anyone's photography, be CONSTRUCTIVE.

well on my monitors, which are calibrated the colors are awful.

that is a fact of my opinion and simple color checking using software.

negative criticism helps when one (notice no personal attacks, carl) doesnt take it personally, instead just takes it and learns from it and moves on.

if i tell you that something sucks, imo.

make it better, especially if the poster themselves admits faults that they noticed in their image.

all criticism is basically constructive, its just when people get their feelings hurt that they dont learn from it.

if i am baking a cake and someone tells me that it sucks, ive learned that whatever im doing is making it suck therefore i must try another thing.

clouds or not, the hdr has made them look awful

I don't see why we have to even give constructive criticism. It is very Superfuture to hate for no apparent reason (see WAYWT). And getting defensive about it just makes it worse (see Kodiak's reactions to his own WAYWT).

epic, i rub you and billy the mostest.

Im not saying you can't dislike things or voice your opinions, all Im saying is that negative critiscism isn't helping anyone. If you dont like someone's shot, thats fine, but explain yourself, don't just bitch about people's work.

why do i have to help?

why do i have to explain myself?

CARL! help me, personal attacks!

wait' date=' what?

the photo fucking sucks with or without HDR.

take a step back from the computer and disregard all the technical shit.

still fucking sucks.[/quote']

dum, you are my hero/

no sarcasm.

see this is an example of what i mean when i say that saying "it sucks" is thoughtful, helpful critique, if only the reciever can not get hurt emotionally and just learn from it.

what is the point of photography is somone takes a photo, and my critique is basically telling them oh,

set up your tripod here, f-stop should be this, focus there, take it at 615 pm, use this filter, compose this way blah blah.

ps - that is chromatic abberation, you arent using a true APO lens, and the sections that arent blurred still have fringing.

There's your problem. If you're doing landscape work, you want f/11 upwards.

Also, your photo content could use work.

i like that building flick up there yupsterism, i need to learn how to convert to black and white one of these days

thx. i just messed around with the levels and shadows and all that. never really learned how to properly convert. i should do that at some point.

f/8'll work too, just don't go below that until you know what you're doing. adjust iso before you adjust aperature

Actually, shutter speed > iso > aperture, especially if you're doing landscape photography. I don't like grain and removing grain is expensive.

i dont like it except for the fact that it makes me think of the times when it sunshowers when the asphalt roads are still baked/hot and therefore it creates a low lying fog/cloud that is fun to look at and drive through

so i kinda like it.

actually now that i thought about it, i need to get a photoshoot in when the ground is like that, dammit why havent i thought about this before.

what exactly is goin on in that pic?