For those of you who have websites, what would be your best advice for creating a portfolio site. I'm leaning to towards livebooks because it seems like it will be easy to update and there wont be the hidden costs that might come with having someone design it from the ground up...any suggestions?

Just picked up some ilford 400 high contrast black & white under the recommendation of the shop employee..

anyone have experience w/ this? i've never shot w/ "good" black and white before. just the c-41 kodak shit

Just out of curiosity, how do you sell your work, do you sell online, through a gallery?

As usual excellent work.

Thanks

I'm probablty not the best to ask but anyway I don't make much effort to sell prints, everyone's on my back about it that I should blahblah but I take photos for me and making money on them isn't why I do it and I don't really see them as worthy compared to other local togs killing it with amazing work. But I'm happy to sell work if people approach me asking to buy or license. I've been taking a bit of time to SEO my blog to bump up for popular local landmarks/places which seems to of attracted attention from vineyards and tourism operations wanting to pay better then your average print buyer. If anyone wants to talk SEO message away.

I hear approaching local cafes to put your work up works well exposure wise

Just picked up some ilford 400 high contrast black & white under the recommendation of the shop employee..

anyone have experience w/ this? i've never shot w/ "good" black and white before. just the c-41 kodak shit

ilford is the only B+W film I like...gave me better contrast and smoother grain than neopan...just ordered a few more rolls actually.

sp's are lame.

use pocketwizards for remote stuff.

cable releases for what kinda cam?

well if i wanna take some pretentious photos of myself whoring on lookbook.nu like those underage girls i'd need to do sp.

i use a canon 30d

p/s-how can you tell if a photo is self portraiture or not? you'll only think it's lame if the photog told you it's a self portrait.