Has anyone used a Kiev 88? I'm thinking about one as a cheap entry into medium format.

dont, get a tlr instead.

i have one up for grabs, pm me and maybe we can work something out.

the prob with kiev is that the reliability is total shit, it only syncs at 1/30th for flash, and it really isnt the best buy for the price.

Question:

Need 2 cop white background + stand ASAP.

What's a good place to order for around $300 (12x10 NOT paper)

Thanks in advance.

if you dont want paper, get a vinyl one, they are easy to clean and easy to blow out.

what exactly are you trying to do and how mobile does it have to be

Has anyone used a Kiev 88? I'm thinking about one as a cheap entry into medium format.

why don't you just get a real medium format camera? a full bronica setup can be had for around $250 if you spend some time hunting, i got mine for $200 and never looked back. i guess it's the years of buying and upgrading, you learn that buying the right thing the first time is the way to go, esp. with film camera prices going so low these days.

edit:

a quick black and white conversion, very underexposed. now i'm planning to bring the neg to the darkroom and print it out, as i really thing it might be better that way

2773153225_5b50251ac9.jpg

new people post more photos as i can't rep my normal favourites as the system is calling me biased.

VuONG great shots man i wish I could rep as some of them are dope

new people post more photos as i can't rep my normal favourites as the system is calling me biased.

Im on it........

pictures tomorrow! lol

Can anyone give me a link or a brief tutorial on how to do stuff like this? I hardly ever use photoshop, but I know how to combine images and stuff, but I can't figure out how to do the random coloring. Any suggestions would be great!

leon3.jpg

***Photo by Carolina Palmgren (http://www.carolinapalmgrenphotography.com) taken from Moukos post in the making your own clothes thread***

^^my first guess would be that she was double exposing the same piece of film. double exposures are pretty easy, so long as you have a film advance override switch (not sure what the correct term is).

as for the random coloring, im almost positive she used color gels over her lights.

Can anyone give me a link or a brief tutorial on how to do stuff like this? I hardly ever use photoshop, but I know how to combine images and stuff, but I can't figure out how to do the random coloring. Any suggestions would be great!

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with Layers...Color Overlays? // Layer Masks?

Trying looking those things up...

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with Layers...Color Overlays? // Layer Masks?

Trying looking those things up...

Color overlays are pretty self explanatory, you put a layer of colour over the top, you can then either play around with the blend modes and opacity to get the desired effect, or you can use a layer mask.

A layer mask is again pretty self explanatory, it masks the bits you dont want to show through, so if you put a layer mask on top of a colour overlay, the mask would only show the colour in certain areas. There are plenty of tutorials on that sort of thing.

^^

yeah you can use it. i've used expired 35mm too, but these polaroids were shot on expired film:

i'm pretty sure the expiration date was sometime in the 70s.

you do realize that polaroid and regular film have VERY different expiration characteristics, right?

i highly doubt that was 70s film, although it is slightly possible.

colors of that superia are probably faded, grain has increased, overall it has gone down in quality. not necessarily a bad thing.

Can anyone tell me if Bronica ETR & SQ mounts are the same? Thanks.

no, a simple google search would have given you an answer instantly.

why are you looking at bronny anyway?