you do realize that polaroid and regular film have VERY different expiration characteristics, right?

i highly doubt that was 70s film, although it is slightly possible.

colors of that superia are probably faded, grain has increased, overall it has gone down in quality. not necessarily a bad thing.

yeah i know that polaroid and "regular" film will look different when they expire, but i never said they look the same?

your post kind of sucks.

Dad found that box of film in the garage. expiration date: 10/2001....... is it garbage now? or is it salvageable?

the best rolls of 120 i ever shot were some sort of kodak print film that expired in 98, i think i shot it last year. it was so warm and vibrant, since it was 100 it really wan't that grainy. expired film is usually very useable, polaroid or 35, unless its like 30 years expired. then you'll get funky colors and green/blue hues

the best rolls of 120 i ever shot were some sort of kodak print film that expired in 98, i think i shot it last year. it was so warm and vibrant, since it was 100 it really wan't that grainy. expired film is usually very useable, polaroid or 35, unless its like 30 years expired. then you'll get funky colors and green/blue hues

Thanks, do you happen to have scans? i just wanna see because im curious :)

polaroid integral gets real bad real quick, and im not just talking about the colors.

the actual physical properties of the developer ooze etc get messed up, alot of times even before the expiration date.

the comment about green/blue hues isnt really so concrete, there are a whole spectrum of diff color changes that occur.

of course freezing stops 99% of deterioriation, and heat accelerates it.

rock- just flickr search expired film or a specific type of film followed by the word expired to see different examples.

Thanks, do you happen to have scans? i just wanna see because im curious :)

sure, here's a couple. they might allready be on here somewhere. i did tweak them a bit in photoshop, but as usual nothing crazy. they're still very true to the film

1486319120_c886df1145.jpg

1486318890_ee632d4bc2.jpg

1486318654_5951fd3afb.jpg

(my dad in his wayfarers last summer, he's worn them for years and finally looks stylish since they're in right now haha)

1342591878_cc93360075.jpg

kennmon- did you freeze the polaroid stuff you sent me? just noticed it's all a year or 2 expired, i have it in the fridge too. still shoots fine, good colors

sure, here's a couple. they might allready be on here somewhere. i did tweak them a bit in photoshop, but as usual nothing crazy. they're still very true to the film

kennmon- did you freeze the polaroid stuff you sent me? just noticed it's all a year or 2 expired, i have it in the fridge too. still shoots fine, good colors

any polaroid film should never ever be frozen.

it has liquid components that get messed up.

the fp-100c was kept at 33*, fuji is much more stable than pola afaik.

it should shoot fine, its my favorite film.

i think i threw in a pack of 669 690 or uvID

use that pack when you wanna take interesting portraits, the color shifts/tones are insane. not true to life at all but really nice in their own way.

all except your 2nd MF shot look pretty much exactly like fresh UC, the 2nd is a bit warmer, but oversaturated a bit, seems like it was pushed in PS

tones in the first are spot on

wow corter - thats not what i was expecting :) good shots.. film isnt really off much. the lady at the local camera shop said to, since its 800, shoot at like, 700.

correct?

wow corter - thats not what i was expecting :) good shots.. film isnt really off much. the lady at the local camera shop said to, since its 800, shoot at like, 700.

correct?

700 isnt an iso.

closest would be 640.

if its negative film, its generally good to overexpose, due to the wide latitude.

corter - get into some e100g or other warm toned slide film if you are into that look, it'll blow your mind

corter - get into some e100g or other warm toned slide film if you are into that look, it'll blow your mind

i've shot it, it's great. I get in the mindframe that i only like fuji, and forget to use anything else. kodak is really great too, i've been shooting some sort of ektachrome in my t2 lately. I'm in love with warm film haha

what do you mean, shoot at 700? i just metered and shot, exposure shouldn't change with the film. and it really wasn't off at all, just a bit warmer, it was really quite lovely. I want more of it haha

i mean, set the camera to meter just a bit off from the 800 it should be at, as if you were shooting film that was just a bit slower.. is that common practice with old 35mm? to expose a little longer i mean