ahaha, i'm a suscriber to your flickr's rss since quite a long time. amazing job on cat photography.

Hey there, thanks for the support again. :)

oh hai, didn c u ther.

ORLY

I still dont fully understand what HDR is..... your input would be appreciated :) i read the bit on wikipedia about it.. but thats about all i've looked into it so far.. i figured it would be better to ask real people.

thanks

I still dont fully understand what HDR is..... your input would be appreciated :) i read the bit on wikipedia about it.. but thats about all i've looked into it so far.. i figured it would be better to ask real people.

thanks

Its High Dynamic Range, exposing your shot for the shadows, midtones, and highlights in a scene by taking anywhere between 3-7 or more shots based off of the metering of the darkest and the brightest areas, and then combining them all together in a program.

Maybe someone else has a better explanation though...

Its High Dynamic Range, exposing your shot for the shadows, midtones, and highlights in a scene by taking anywhere between 3-7 or more shots based off of the metering of the darkest and the brightest areas, and then combining them all together in a program.

It's a way for n00bs to run a bunch of shitty photos through a program, get it to look like plastic cartoon, and then get "plus rep" on Flickr.

kind of boring but i really like how this one came out

2712779260_d61c43b84a.jpg

I dig it poly, even though I usually don't like taking photos of kids from above, the angle on this one is very appropriate.

I think you should save it and do another pic every 5-10 years of the kid. It'd be cool to see that big toy contraption change into a bike, skateboard, shoes, entry-level car, then a pimp middle-class-bling car.

It's a way for n00bs to run a bunch of shitty photos through a program, get it to look like plastic cartoon, and then get "plus rep" on Flickr.

yeah... not much of a fan of it either.

yeah... not much of a fan of it either.

Haha thanks - that makes more sense. from the pictures i've seen, it produces a cool effect even if it may be cheating (is it?) thanks for your help.

Haha thanks - that makes more sense. from the pictures i've seen, it produces a cool effect even if it may be cheating (is it?) thanks for your help.

It's good if done in moderation. Some plastic-lookin' steez is crap, but when you do it with landscapes and other things that have traditional difficulties with blacking out or whiting out (think high contrast shots), it can really help bring that punch.

It's good if done in moderation. Some plastic-lookin' steez is crap, but when you do it with landscapes and other things that have traditional difficulties with blacking out or whiting out (think high contrast shots), it can really help bring that punch.

I think i know what you mean :)

i noticed this in particular on wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:New_York_City_at_night_HDR.jpg

i just went to that guy's flickr...the mojave dessert pic is probably one of the only nice hdr's i've seen. everything else usually does look fake, crappy, etc...but i guess it may have a bit of use when shooting w.out filters

these days with everyone having dslr's and all, think of hdr to a new photographer like beats to a new solo musician. you kind of have to go there and come back from it to be a better person

what program would one use to tone map the different exposures together? photoshop? just guessing. i think it would be cool to experiment w/ it. i have a film camera though, best to get high quality scans?? or just buy a digital hahaha