Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

I think the earlier posts disappeared to supertrash.

I want as many people to be involved as possible, and so far i have 3 submissions.

Submit a fit pic to me via SuperMessage anytime between now and December 5th.

thanks!

I have to remind myself to send you a pic also.

Now is the best time to take a cool winterpic, since it's snowing out here.

Get back to you in a very short time!

wearing my newly bought pair of Roy RN1's right now. i feel sort of obligated to give my own personal written review about this jean after all the help sufu and this thread has given me.

i went to SENY over thxgiving break and tried on a few pairs and the RN1's just felt the best on me.

i wear size 31 waist levi's 501 stf (the only other "raw" jean i own) and I went with 31 on these too. they are pretty slim on me, slimmer than 501 stfs..

did a hot soak with a pot of boiling water and the hottest water out of the shower in a trash can (college dorm concept) and it got A LOT of inseam shrinkage out, with a bit of shrink around the waist, thigh and knee. but the waist is all stretched back out now.

once again, like what everyone has said, the quality on this is absolutely amazing. everything is so tidy and and neat and there are no stray strands anywhere. everything is so sturdy and straight up solid.

big props to Roy for a great jean, and thanks to Andrew and SENY for helping me out.

pics coming in the next few days when my usb camera cord comes in.

cheers

my OG Roys were almost to tight right off the bat, raw. and with my experiance with Cone denim from LVC. i knew one hot soak, let alone two would be game over. so i just did a series of quick dips, just so they werent "dry" anymore, they are perfectly fine and beautiflly dark. is theyre still shrink in em, most def! now i know that i can never wash them..... but cold dips and spot treatment will have to do.

moral of my story, i think one soak is enough, esp if they are already kinda short on you. now, wear them, for a long time, 3-6 months, when theyre ready to be cleaned deal with it then.....

Hey Vin... what size did you get? I have 36's..(original measuring style..36 = 36 actual waist) I did the same thing.. quick cold soak and wore them.. they eventually stretched to a point that i thought i had a size to big.. So, I did a hot 3 hour soak and fluff dry. It shocked me how much more they shrunk! Now, I think they are my perfect size. I will post some fit pics today, but i was curious with your experience.

same with me.... i got a 34. and like i said, they were perfect raw. so a quick clod dip and wore em! after about 3 months, they were to big, and also needed a wash. so after another quick dip, a little soap, and a spray rinse with the shower head.... back to perfection.

i fully understand that if they hit the washing machine they will be way to small, but thats not the point of shrink to fit. at least to me.

Much love to SelfEdge for carrying Roy and other awesome products, and granted there was Thanksgiving... but it'll be the middle of next week before I get my Roys (ordered 11/19, hemmed) if they get shipped today or tomorrow.

Sort of regretting not ordering Warehouse 800s from BiG now. May do it anyway to have one pair for work backups. And there's a chance they'll arrive first...

It's good to see folks buying the gen 2 ROYs. It shows that people can show up to Self Edge look over the entire selection and pick ROYs out of the selection. I am not saying that all the other stuff is crap, but some folks seemed to think that the ROYs couldn't compare to the Iron Hearts and Flatheads of the world. It seems that they can. I likey.

I bought a pair of of Roys from Selfedge purely on the basis of the clip of Roy making the jeans that was posted on here and on the SE site.There was just something totally absorbing about the film and the clincher was Roy branding the patch and stapling the the card to the pocket.

They are just drying now. Will post pics soon.

It's good to see folks buying the gen 2 ROYs. It shows that people can show up to Self Edge look over the entire selection and pick ROYs out of the selection. I am not saying that all the other stuff is crap, but some folks seemed to think that the ROYs couldn't compare to the Iron Hearts and Flatheads of the world. It seems that they can. I likey.

its true.

my buddy told me he was going in to SELA to buy a pair of jeans. Before i could text him any recommendations he ended up leaving with a pair of roy slims.

He isnt a member of sufu or as enthusiastic about denim as some of us but he chose the roys for fit and finish.

F Tired of these idiots that think American-made/Cone denim is inferior to Japanese. On what grounds? Fades? Knickabocka, pleeeeeze.

On what grounds? Advertising and marketing grounds, of course, you've had dealers punting Japanese denim and slagging off Cone for decades - because that will make them more money. (Not that, of course, Japanese denim isn't great, for one reason because there's such fantastic choice and range, eg the Nihon Mempu Roys).

Happily, that's changing - Cone being used on ROYs, sold at Selfedge, and of course the Cone fabric on Mr Freedom Californians show Cone works for prestige denim, too. Once more retailers start selling this stuff, I guarantee some of that prejudice will disappear.

Bear in mind, too, that if jeans look worn in within 5 months, rather than 10 months, a retailer might sell twice as many.

In line with what is being said, I just gave my OG ROYs a hot soak, cos they were smelling a bit, and I wanted to get rid of unwanted creases from my disastrous hot wash. The smell is better, can't say the same about the creases.

Anyway, they didn't lose much indigo, if any at all. This Cone denim continues to impress me. I personally prefer slow fading jeans, and these are turning out to be right up my alley. And the thick pocketbags are making for some fine fadings. :)

So, I asked this is the Small Questions thread, but since I am posting in here, might as well give it a shot. Anyone had success removing unwanted creases? Those creases from the hot wash seems pretty set in; I have tried ironing while damp twice, to no avail. Can't stand seeing that streak of electric blue running down the legs. :(

I

So, I asked this is the Small Questions thread, but since I am posting in here, might as well give it a shot. Anyone had success removing unwanted creases? Those creases from the hot wash seems pretty set in; I have tried ironing while damp twice, to no avail. Can't stand seeing that streak of electric blue running down the legs. :(

I had this with my SDA103XX, among the most expensive jeans I've owned; they are incredibly slow fading, hardly anything came thru in the first wash but for a wash line.

But seriously, I think of it like leg twist - you always get it on vintage jeans. Just about every vintage pair I've owned has had this marbling, which will settle in and look fine, authentic, with a bit more wear. Once you convince yourself of this, you'll be fine.