What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

24 minutes ago, MJF9 said:

My next advertisement for the Yorkshire tourist board...
Jane's Foss

20230804 Malham Walk 2.JPG

Y'mean Janet's Foss? :D

Back when my kid was knee-high.. with jeans rolled up for a paddle

fullsizeoutput_3a88.thumb.jpeg.13491806992f0669b673fc6cce2c1e8a.jpeg

..did you wack some coins into the wishing tree or does it only take card payments nowadays?

fullsizeoutput_48a.thumb.jpeg.9e1a28083dd61944dbee01618bba1bfd.jpeg

Edited by Double 0 Soul

Haha this one's her sister's foss.  Jane and Janet were twins and Jane got jealous of Janet's foss.  She made a wish at the wishing tree and voila an identical foss emerged which she named after herself.  That's what I heard anyway :)

Edited by MJF9

So the Antiques Roadshow came to the park near me...

For those not in the UK, it's a TV show where the public bring their valued items to be properly valued by antiques experts, with each antique carrying a story

Some have bought a gem in a car boot sale for £1 that is valued at £10k - big smiles and tears

Others whose 'original antique' is valued at £1 when they thought it might fetch £10k but still insist it would stay in the family for sentimental reasons whatever it was worth, yeah right - big forced smiles and tears

Plus some local scally trying to get in camera-shot clad in McCoys, Denime and Buckweat :wink:

20230806 Antiques Roadshow 1.jpg

20230806 Antiques Roadshow 1b.jpg

20230806 Antiques Roadshow 2.jpg

20230806 Antiques Roadshow 3.jpg

Edited by MJF9

Antiques Roadshow punter: “Well I bought these Buckweat shoes from a renowned dealer in South Yorkshire, he assured me they were made in California in the 1920s and they’re part of a set of 3 pairs.”

Antiques Roadshow vintage footwear expert: “How much did you pay for them?”

Antiques Roadshow punter: ”£600 for all 3 pairs but the seller assured me they’re worth much more due to their rarity value.”

Antiques Roadshow vintage footwear expert: “They were made in China circa 2015 and have a value of £12 each.”

Cue fake smiles and withheld tears…

yioigWe.jpgYRy24b0.jpg668CyKp.jpgRunabout Goods Brander
Freewheelers 1937
Nicks 12” Builder Pros with honey lugz 

UA 32 plumbing apprentice. We’re piping the Seattle Aquarium expansion. These pipes I’m working on feed water into the shark tanks! 

12 hours ago, shredwin_206 said:

@smoothsailor looking good! What’s the jacket with cinch and the jeans in that photo? 

Thanks Edwin, its a edwin jacket. It finally start to show some wear.

Following up on the comments about fades, I don't care about fades etc, I just want to wear cool stuff. But this edwin jacket is pretty dull without some wear

11 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:

He looks a lot like you now he's a teenager Paul.. not so much when he was younger

When did the hair go?

I think I joined the forum world around when he was born. You no, you have to hurry or you have to wait for eat/sleep/diaper. So waiting time was forum, now poef 14 yrs later, he wears my shoes and pants and t shirts, my wife jacket. Yes his hair, he didn't want it anymore and didn't need it anymore. It was a way to cope with being bullied at school. New school finally some real friends and no more bullied, so the hair could go, I even buzz cut him once

3 hours ago, smoothsailor said:

Thanks Edwin, its a edwin jacket. It finally start to show some wear.

Following up on the comments about fades, I don't care about fades etc, I just want to wear cool stuff. But this edwin jacket is pretty dull without some wear

and jeans? I may be wrong, but pockets remind me of Full Count

Quite.. the smack heads seem a lot more compos mentis than the damn spice heads.. jeez louise, to say it’s meant to be synthetic cannabis they’re off their f’king rockers.. there was a bunch of them on the street, one was bent forward at a right angle, head back with his face pressing against the wall. His posture must have been ruined! his friend was quickly pacing around in an 8’ circle muttering nonsense.. while the other two were stood up, both feet pointing inwards but bent over from the waist..arms dangling towards the floor like a fucking zombie apocalypse! 

I know a lot of stoners and non of them exhibit this crazy behaviour.. it’s odd to think that not too long ago you could buy spice on the high street from the head shops

3 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Whenever possible I try to hang my jeans on the rack and try to do these things.
That's the river Rhine

20230813_100701.thumb.jpg.75835c8597af843fc80a87f0c2d93834.jpg

20230813_105929.thumb.jpg.964f1c0d707290ba5f37134f1b4c1d6d.jpg

I was just listening to Wagner's Das Rheingold yesterday.

A few pics from London's East End and local area - some of you know the area very well, notably Maynard and fre-co
Morning coffee looking towards the city... 

East End 1.jpg

Battle of Cable Street Mural - On 4th October 1936, the East End community, mainly Jewish folk with support from the Irish immigrants and local working class community, joined forces to prevent the facist Oswald Mosely's Blackshirts marching through the East End

East End 2.jpg

East End 3.jpg

Brick Lane paying homage to arguably the best footballer ever

East End 3a.jpg

East End 3b.jpg

Vintage football shirt shopping... East End 4.jpg

With Junior MJF9 snagging a cracking Brescia top from 2000-2001 season 

East End 4a.jpg

East End 4b.jpg

Edited by MJF9

I grew up in Sidney Street, it runs parallel with Jubilee St. If you look across Commercial Road from where you’re staying, you can see my old primary school and church!

The George has a good history and has been a bit of a celebrity haunt in recent times.