kiya

Real Japan Blues - Jeans & Shirts...

Mine should be done and hemmed by tomorrow. In the next few days I'll post some more pics. I'm so stoked on how well they fit!

did u get the rivet n hide collab too ben?

No just talking about my RJB jeans in general :)

I figure unpopular enough brand that we can't be too specific about how we're kindred spirits ;)

Very nice beautifu_freak. Can you share size and pre/post measurements? I am considering these as well.

Sorry for my late reply. This is tag size 36. Measurements on Rivet&Hide were 100% accurate. I just requested the size 36 with the smallest waist. So my pair started 0.5" smaller. Then after 2 machine washes I had shrinkage of 2" in the waist and a little bit more than 2" in the inseam. The rest I didn't measure. But Rivet&Hide also offers a one-wash version. 

Alrighty guys, after a couple washes and a hem and about a weak of wear. I'm fucking stoked. These are insanely comfortable, the denim is amazing, and I think I like the fit even more than my 3005!!!

B3HyXdh.jpg

XKCFpgM.jpg

So, I finally washed these (I think since I shrunk them? :mellow:)... I waited a lot longer than usual because I was dreading the stretch back out. But it actually worked out great and they felt super comfy in just a few hours!

I'm already starting to see some fades... something that makes these jeans really comfy is that the waist button is a decent distance from the top fly button so the denim has more opportunity to stretch when you're buttoning them. Interesting detail that I like a lot!

We'll see if i can get these to look as good as my 3005 :)

Recently picked up one of these too. The waist is fine, there's still room in fact, but because my thighs and butt are big for my waist it's a little tight. Wondering if I should try to flip them or just wear and see if they stretch. Any thoughts guys?

When I got them they were actually tight presoak, and they stretched out a LOT.

I would wash them and wear them to see if they stretch enough, which they probably will. Which denim is it?

7 hours ago, bobblehead said:

Recently picked up one of these too. The waist is fine, there's still room in fact, but because my thighs and butt are big for my waist it's a little tight. Wondering if I should try to flip them or just wear and see if they stretch. Any thoughts guys?

I have a pair of these from about 2013. I wore them quite a bit at first but I have smallish waist compared to thighs and butt and I eventually gave up on them. The top block was just too tight. It's too bad because I just loved everything about the jeans except the fit, which is most important of all for obvious reasons. 

I have a pair of 3005 in the same size and found it to be pretty similar. I think flat head & co tend to design their top blocks on the fuller cuts to be a bit slimmer than some other brands like warehouse etc. 

It's funny that you say that. My RJB are a 32 and I find them more comfortable than my 3005 in a 33! Although the 3005 are a bit looser.

From what I remember it seemed like the rjb denim gave and stretched more easily than pioneer denim. That's another consideration for sure. 

Hey y'all,

This is my first SuFu post, please let me know if this is appropriate or not. I have a pair of 105BSP size 30, NWT. Looking to sell. Located in Canada. Please send me a PM if you're interested. 

Edit: I discovered Supermarket

Edited by cottonskinblues
booboo

On 2/7/2017 at 1:13 AM, itsbenhere said:

When I got them they were actually tight presoak, and they stretched out a LOT.

I would wash them and wear them to see if they stretch enough, which they probably will. Which denim is it?

Whoops sorry, forgot to mention the model. They're the 105BSPs.

Congrats on @DvsForest.  I'm about 2 years in on my pair and I love them.  What a score.

Is it the new or old denim? Either way, perfect fit man! Congrats. And yeah, they're insanely comfy, can't imagine more comfy denim honestly...

@summ3rhays cheers man!

@itsbenhere i guess its new old stock cos i got em in super dealbreaker price (100 bucks), and when it came there's not much 'hairy' texture as described in some forums many years ago. Thanks man!

It's my first day wearing the RJBxTFHxR&H. The denim is amazing, feels really nice. When I am sitting with one leg crossed over the other, I keep absent mindedly touching the hem. It also looks great, has a sharp look about it.

Pics?

5 hours ago, Geeman said:

Pics?

why yes my good man :D

IMG_20170313_192535.jpg
IMG_20170313_192544.jpg
IMG_20170313_192628.jpg

The lighting sucks. Rivet and Hide have all the up close and personal pics of the jeans, but they don't really do it justice.

Love how hairy my 105BSP's are!

IMG_0244.JPG

Alrighty, here's an update on my R.J.B 105B(omb)S(hit)P(ussy)'s! 

a0bNLRF.jpg

oLDcxrJ.jpg

YZ3nl9X.jpg

vIeL3k7.jpg

0ColALs.jpg

Huge fan of these jeans and I think they're going to turn out awesome, but the crotch has gone out. Sad!

Ever since I saw @itsbenhere's RJB 105BSPs. I've been itching a pair for myself. There's a Grailed listing for a size 30.

How have people sized them? According to the seller, they're TTS at the waist right now. Is there some give and stretching? I know that they should have been a 32 pre soak.

man, now I want a pair of RJBs too. Is there anyone other than Rivet and Hide selling RJB? I want to see what my options are...

^^^^ Thanks man! I've had them roughly since when i posted those fit pics earlier on the page. I haven't been keeping track of washes at all, but much less than my 3005. Maybe once every 2 months or something. I was didn't want to have to stretch them out again so I went longer than I normally would have preferred, but going on I'll probably start washing them more. 

Rev, what size are your 3009? I would say at minimum a size down from those, maybe 2 depending on how they fit. A shame you weren't on the ball since I got mine new that price from self edge during their sale...

@itsbenhere They're a 33. Honestly, they're mildly loose in the top block/waist (I could have easily gone down one size). The fit is great everywhere else but the extra fabric in the seat lends to a pronounced moose-knuckle in the crotch unless I'm wearing looser fitting boxers to help fill in the space.

:')

Indigo Proof wait times aren't too bad anymore...

Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 8.59.42 AM.png