minya

Eternal Jeans

Waist would be perfect if it had been soaked already. The rise and thighs are great. I'm not sure, will be away a few days anyway. I think they will work out, but I'm not sure if I want to go throught the hassle of stretching the waist back out while trying to shrink all other dimensions. If I keep them I will hem them before I wash them. Just need to find my old 888 measurements to see how much they shrink. I think at least 2,5" should be possible.

The denim feels like silk, yet you can see that is much character. Also, I love the small selvage line, reminds me of my Momotaros. And I think it' great to see the original Eternal Patch before the wash - their onewash process seems to be pretty harsh.

BTW, thanks for the input.

Edited by Max Power

^On that note, what is Eternal's one-wash process? I've heard something about being washed in the ocean, or maybe a river, and dried in trees? Perhaps that is bull, or at least hearsay, or maybe there's a conventional industrial wash following the one I'm speculating on, but I'm not sure about that either. Anyone know?

Also, max, those jeans fit great. From here they don't seem any wider than your usual fits. Do they feel that way to you?

Edited by chicote

You can choose to with the washing factory how you wanna wash your raw jeans and what kind of aggregates to use or none and what kind of water and how to dry them

I just got my size 36 811OW delivery from Denimio and the fit is good. Previously I found my size 34 888 a bit too tight in the waist and size 36 883 a bit too loose (I'm 188cm, 80kg & 35" Waist). Anyways I think there is little bit more shrinkage left so in the washer they go.

Here are the measurements (BiG Method): Waist 34", Front Rise 11.5", Back Rise 15.8", Thigh 12.8, Leg Opening 8.8"

Will post another measurement after the wash and dry. Let me know if anyone wants more measurements.

Sorry about the turdy photos.

2016-05-19%2014.53.28_zpstqhvigtu.jpg

2016-05-19%2015.00.21_zpsnyr1hr6n.jpg

Edited by leswaffles

measurements would be great! I am near your size! 

So I know what i can expect when i wash my raw 8111...looks like the waist will indeed be too small. The Denimio measurements were wider...

But I am almost exact your size (1,84m, 84 Kg) and my 34 888s were also too narrow. Would be great to report back when you've worn them a few days to see how much they stretch out. Thanks in advance!

Edited by Max Power

Today was hot and dry so it dried really fast. The shiny streakiness is gone and the denim is now matte and hairy.  

Here are the second measurement after a hot wash (BiG method). Waist 34", Front Rise 11", Back Rise 15.5", Thigh 12.6", Leg opening 8.6.

Oh and Max, if I pull the waist taut it measures 34.5" but not pulled it's 34" both front and back waist line lined up measured flat. I do expect another .5" shrinkage in the waist down the road as I wash my jeans rather often. 

If I remember correctly my size 34 888 waist measured 32.5" but I can't quiet remember what method I used to measure the waist back then. 

Anyways, I'll do a third measurement after few days of wear.

Edited by leswaffles

My 888's stretched back to at least their raw size in the waist eventually and I hot wash every few months 

So after few days of wear the waist measures at 35.6" (lined up) and front rise at 11.5"

Really surprised by the amount of room on the upper block and the waist line doesn't feel restricting at all. Embracing the loose fit~

Hm, that sounds like it could work for me. Tough to decide, I might have the chance to Switch the 811 for a FC 1101.

I decided to give the Eternals a try. Have them hemmed right now and will wash themvery hot after I get them (and hope I can stretch them back out).

I'm currently wearing a pair of IH 8301s. In the last few months I've tried FC 1109xx, Warehouse 900, PBJ xx012, and RRL low straight to find the perfect slim pairing to these...I received a pair of 883's two days ago and I'm so excited that the search is over. The fit is perfect. Painful right now but I know the will stretch to be perfect as I usually don't wash for months. Looking too have them hemmed soon. 

My 883 size 31 is perfect fit. I am starting to give it more wear now that I can we jeans to work.

My 811 fit after hemming. I think they will turn out fine, as I've lost already 1,5 Kg. Might give them a hot wash tomorrow.

DSC_4371.jpg

DSC_4372.jpg

DSC_4373.jpg

DSC_4374.jpg

Edited by Max Power

Did a hot soak and 40°C wash on my size 36 811s. The shrunk a lot. What is most desired in the Body and legs might be too much in the waist, but I am super excited to try them on tonight (they're still drying).

Prewash: Waist: 90cm, Inseam 88,5cm (hemmed by Vater & Sohn, was originally 94 cm), Hem: 23 cm.

Postwash: Waist around 87cm, Inseam 81cm, Hem: 21,5 cm

This must be the most shrinkage I had on a hem so far. Some thick roping seems to build up there as well.

And I have to praise Eternal once more for a flawless construction that is best seen in raw state. Also I love the slim selvage fold. You see I'm quite excited to wear These, hopefully they'll fit me good enough to wear them beyond the state of my 888s.

I guess you can tell by the crinkly look they shrunk a lot. And I predict strong, thick roping on these.

DSC_4377.jpg

DSC_4381.jpg

DSC_4383.jpg

DSC_4387.jpg

DSC_4388.jpg

DSC_4390.jpg

DSC_4391.jpg

DSC_4394.jpg

DSC_4402.jpg

Edited by Max Power

Finally, the fit. I am happy in the top block, also the silhouette has improved a lot. Waist will be good if it stretches back. But I fear I might have hemmed them too short...0,5-1" more would be better IMO.

The before / after pictures illustrate what I already measured - they shrunk a huge amount.

Let's hope that creases and stretch in the waist balance out so the total length stays this way.

DSC_4403.jpg

DSC_4404.jpg

DSC_4405.jpg

DSC_4406.jpg

DSC_4407.jpg

Edited by Max Power

Looks great! Dont look too short at all IMO and would look great with a single cuff (preparing for a flood)

Any chance you could post thigh measurements? thats the most crucial measurement for me :/

Thank you! Thighs are critical for me, too but are comfy on this pair. Almost 34cm.

Oh man that is a sweet amount of thigh room! 

Fit looks great!

I agree with karanimal, length looks fine. And usually when the waist and rise stretches out a bit the jeans might sag a bit and give you more length

I agree the fit looks great! Waist should stretch out just fine, my 883s are always pretty tight after a wash but just a couple days wear and they stretch out a good amount maybe .5-1 in.

Great fit Max.  You and I are on the same wave length lately.  You've bought, or mentioned thinking about buying, the same models I'm considering down seven or eight months down the road. 

Decided to sell these too. I love the way these look but my "love handle" to no butt ratio has them sitting weird in back after another hot soak. I just had them hemmed locally by Indigo Proof too!  I'm struggling to find a pair that works for my frame. "the struggle continues..."

The link if you are interested in size 30 Eternal 883:

[FS] Eternal 883 sz 30, PBJ xx-012   

The front fit pic that I now realize is an awful photo:

tumblr_o8gtkze2CN1vshq7zo1_540.jpg

Edited by davidwirey

I love the jeans overall I'm just not sure about the backside...maybe I should be wearing a lower rise because of a lack of butt? All opinions are greatly appreciated as I would like to not sell these.

tumblr_o8gtkze2CN1vshq7zo3_1280.jpg

I'm not really too sure what your issue is with this fit, its pretty good. the material under your ass will settle and look good with some wear.