Eternal Jeans

minya

Just got my Eternals size 34 and although they fit great in the waist, it feels like the inseam is 48 inches instead of 39. The denim is magnificent, however. Rough, slubby. Wow. Should I soak right away or wear them until I stretch the bejeebus out of the waist? I'll post fit pics.

8 months / 1 initial soak / 1st wash today

POSTWASH:

**Whisker / Backpocket shot best represents color.

dp7p0k.jpg

8wwpi8.jpg

2871iw.jpg

24d54qf.jpg

2nhov83.jpg

how to prevent these tears on the back knees.

same thing happened with my FHBSP after the first cool washing machine.

someone have some tips about that.

thanks.

Hajduk: The reason for those "tears" is the weakness in the threading. This is exactly why you must soak you're jeans when you first get them as it stiffens the threading and brings them together, therefore making it stronger. Not soaking or washing you're jeans often will make the threads weaker. At least from what I read.

Just got my Eternals size 34 and although they fit great in the waist, it feels like the inseam is 48 inches instead of 39. The denim is magnificent, however. Rough, slubby. Wow. Should I soak right away or wear them until I stretch the bejeebus out of the waist? I'll post fit pics.

Soak now, but put something in the waist to keep it from shrinking. Sticks and baking pans are popular choices. How did you size them?

Soak now, but put something in the waist to keep it from shrinking. Sticks and baking pans are popular choices. How did you size them?

I sized them true to size and I washed them in warm water. The inseam shrank precisely to 36, but I forgot to put something in the waist. I wore them wet and have been punishing them in the waist. It feels good so far. A wee bit tight, but over all they're good.

I sized them true to size and even though I have thunder thighs, I love the fit.

Fit pics tonight.

those look slim. the rise isnt fucking with you?

Initially the rise was riding up my crotch just a bit at times, I just got back from 40laps around the track and the jeans no longer feel as snug, very comfortable fit now actually. I just hope I don't get the infamous diaper ass syndrome haha

yea that's wild, i got 30 raw. you must have a babby waist.

yea kinda sucks cuz I wouldnt be able to fit the Eternal Contest pairs since its raw (supposedly stretch to 29") so had to stick wtih o/w lol.

i was thinking the same thing..... what size are your momo's aswell Sgj1?

hmm..Gordon measured the O/Ws and found me one with actual waist size of 27 haha I believe the O/W are preshrunk so the actual size is smaller than tagged, so in the end after stretching it would become the tagged size, where as raws come as tagged and stretch ~1inch from there. My Momotaros are size 28.

Sgi, the one wash and the raws are the same jeans. The only difference is that the one wash have been washed once. If you were to buy a pair of the raws and wash/soak them, they would measure the same as the one wash. As the denim is unsanforized, a soak/wash prior to wearing is necessary.

you believe the o/w are preshrunk?! ok, no more questions

how did you become green?

As in the shrinkage has been taken care of due to the wash. I was under the impression that the O/W were washed in a special way that preserved its colour and shrunk it down to my desired size, so I went with the O/W. From Blue in Green prior to my purchase:

Hi Stephen,

The one wash Eternal’s are actually darker than the Raw version and the fading capabilities are the same for one wash jeans as they are for raw. The raw jeans are stiffer and may crease a little faster but the one wash jeans will crease and fade just the same over time.

Regards,

Gordon

^he's just saying there starch has been washed off in the one wash hahaha. there's a bunch of detailed posts about one wash vs raw on this forum if you search...

I know but he also said the O/W are darker than the raws, so it may have gone through some kind of special wash to preserve indigo? I wanted maximum shrinkage and least indigo loss so I went with the O/W lol.