How Do Jeans Fit Description and Pictures

PLUSsung

Here is my small "how jeans fit" collection.

Edwin Nashville 28x34 (sanforized and vanity sized):

nash_fit.jpg

Red Cloud R423XX 30x32 (unsanforized, tag size equals post soak measurements):

rc-soak.jpg

3sixteen+ 30BSP 29x35 (sanforized, had to stretch them quite a bit in the top block):

30bspfit.jpg

No pictures for the LVC 1947 31x34 which fit pretty much like the Red Clouds but with a slightly roomier leg and higher rise.

Of the jeans mentioned the Red Cloud's have the most interesting fabric, the 3sixteen probably the best construction and the Edwin's the most comfortable fit.

• 2 months later...

Do these fit? I bought them a few weeks ago and have worn them at home 3 times. They have stretched a bit, but still extremely tight in my ass (i have a huge ass) and I can feel it hugging my thighs. Also squishing my dick. >.> haven't soaked or anything. The jeans are too long, so I rolled them up. Need to know if it fits before I hem.

Sorry for huge pics lol. pics in spoiler 

RXiA0cD.jpg?1

G4MfvBR.jpg

AfA7XsQ.jpg?1

uk9Br0n.jpg?1

Edited by jakeypotato

Do these fit? I bought them a few weeks ago and have worn them at home 3 times. They have stretched a bit, but still extremely tight in my ass (i have a huge ass) and I can feel it hugging my thighs. Also squishing my dick. >.> haven't soaked or anything. The jeans are too long, so I rolled them up. Need to know if it fits before I hem.

Sorry for huge pics lol. pics in spoiler 

[/spoiler

The ass and thighs will stretch enough that you should be fine if you wear them for a couple weeks before soaking. 

However, the crotch looks weird on the second pic; like the zipper is exposed or something (could be the poor pic quality).  If there is so much tension on the crotch that the two sides are visably pulling away from each other, they are too small; I would package these up and try to sell them.

• 1 month later...

sry for bumping this thread, but i need your comments with my 1st straight cut. i feel a little weird with the knee bulk, looks like my knee split into 2 part :wacko:

hi guys, already picked up a new pair IH straight cut. 32/34 TTS hem to 32,5inch.

how do you think about the fit? shirt tucked in just for show the top block fit. thanks ^_^

20130621_121144_resizededit2.jpg20130621_121128_resizededit1.jpg

or double cuff

IMG_20130624_03043.jpgIMG_20130624_03042.jpg

sry for bumping this thread, but i need your comments with my 1st straight cut. i feel a little weird with the knee bulk, looks like my knee split into 2 part :wacko:

or double cuff

The knee bags are a bitch.  Otherwise, the fit looks good.  Don't double cuff, its just too much.

• 2 weeks later...

ByBeatle Volume One Sz. 29 (One Week)

82y7.jpg

BBs look nice and slubby.  I don't like the back pocket details but denim looks like its got a nice crunchy texture.  Oh and do some squats my good man, you gots no ass.  Otherwise, a nice fit.  ;)

Edited by Ponyboy312

• 1 year later...

^Feel free to update this thread with relevant information yourself ;)

i would if i bought any jeans in the last 3 years to show. have posted every fit of every jean i've purchased in this thread since 2007

^Feel free to update this thread with relevant information yourself ;)

for post #10,000 i figured i needed to do somethin really special.

churchmag-10000-post-graphic-620x381.jpg

did a search and found all my old links were dead in this thread.

found a few minutes today to post all my fits of what jeans i have kept over the years.

Evisu lot2000 no.1 TTS size 30

evisu_zpsd82997fc.jpg

45rpm Jomon Size 30 TTS. one hot wash

jomon_zps0fad8303.jpg

eternal 811 contest jeans. size 30 TTS hot wash and hemmed

eternal_zps354c69a1.jpg

warehouse sufu contest jeans size 29 true size 30

warehouse_zpsdcb17325.jpg

samurai S5000 TTS size 30

5000_zpsae65736e.jpg

samurai S0500 size 29 size down one

0500_zps2093020f.jpg

sugar cane natural indogo edo ai sc40500N size 29 size down one

SC_zps510c001c.jpg

SDA 103 old arc and tab size 30 TTS

sda_zps941867cc.jpg

Excuse the lighting, it started to rain while I shot. I'm 5'11 140lbs for fit reference.

Imperial SExI14BK- size 30

Gs0dl78.jpg

XjtmYrO.jpg

4eYGB3T.jpg

N&F 32oz, size 28, stretched waist.

X2hcfa2.jpg

0IRlwnk.jpg

gMmYgtj.jpg

Oni 512-XXBE- Size 29 (1 up), a bit too big in the upper thigh.

zuZJnSQ.jpg

wJTpCbU.jpg

MIiOrAO.jpg

The Imperials are by far the best fit here IMO. I do wish they were a bit more interesting fabric wise, and some added starch would be nice, but they're super comfy. The 32oz were about half an inch too small in the waist when I got them post-soak, so I stretched them out with a volkswagen jack for a bit and they fit pretty nicely at the moment, but I would like a tad less taper to the legs. The Oni's are kind of a mess really. They're about 1.5" too large in the upper thigh, giving me some serious crotch bulging. I soaked them and it alleviated a bit, but not all. I'm hoping they'll relax and that'll go away. They're also about half an inch too large in the waist. Other than that, I really enjoy the straighter fit. The denim is obviously one of a kind and is the reason I'm keeping these. Love 'em.

Edited by mp201

Here are the pairs I own at the moment:

Stevenson Overall Co. 727 "Santa Rosa" - size 29, worn since September 2014, washed a couple times a month.

These run a big large in the waist, so I went with a 29 instead of my planned 30. For such a slim jean, I really like the fit. The denim has a beautiful green cast to it, and a very subtle character as well. Construction is very distinctive and definitely my favorite part of the jean. I might go with a slightly roomier cut in the future though.

2iqkhl3.jpg

Pure Blue Japan xx-009  - size 29, worn sporadically October 2014, washed three times.

I haven't worn these too much but I really like how the fabric is settling. The denim has a ton of character and some real heft to it--they've mostly been reserved for construction projects, climbing, and other rougher work as a result.

vsge1d.jpg

Fullcount 1108 - size 29

These are more or less in storage while I focus on wearing my Stevensons. I'd say they're my favorite fit of all the jeans I own. Slim but not constricting with amazingly soft denim.

67p2f6.jpg

Red Cloud R400H - size 30, worn since April 2014, washed monthly

These are great all around: the '47 cut is perfect for summer or winter, the construction is holding up well, and the 75/25 cotton/hemp fabric is beautiful. Not wearing these too much at the moment, though.

k395ll.jpg

Samurai S5000VX - size 29

I've hardly worn these since they kind of swallow my thighs but I'm hoping they will be a better fit in the future. Very rough, interesting denim. They're similar to my Red Clouds in a lot of ways.

vcqgyg.jpg

Japan Blue x Momotaro 0101 - size 29, worn since July 2013, washed monthly

These were my first pair of Japanese denim, after owning a couple pairs of Nudies in years prior. I wore them every day for about 8 months until my calves grew too big to fit comfortably, and now they're sorta just nice to look at (and very uncomfortable to squeeze into).

eqxtu1.jpg

The Stevensons are my main pair at the moment, just because of how beautiful the denim is. As my tastes have started shifting towards looser cuts I think I might migrate more in the direction of the Samurais in the future.

^Welcome back! I haven't seen you around these parts in quite awhile. 

thanks. dont plan to be around all that much but am headed to japan in a couple months so i thought i would stop by to get some advice and will prob pick up a paid of pbj 010 purple faces.

did a quick search (not a fan of the search function) and it doesnt look like anyone has broken in a pair of these.

Thought I'd post two pairs that don't get a lot of airtime: Roy RS1 and Sugar Cane SC40400. Both TTS with a size 32. Could definitely make due with a 31 in the Canes. Lighting is kinda crap, but it gives you an idea of the fits.

Roy RS1
16187933967_b009694326_b.jpg

Sugar Cane SC40400
16187591799_4299cb56d8_b.jpg

Samurai S5000VX - size 29

I've hardly worn these since they kind of swallow my thighs but I'm hoping they will be a better fit in the future. Very rough, interesting denim. They're similar to my Red Clouds in a lot of ways.

Is that the 21oz or 17oz?