Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

No doubt. Just spoke to the store who were super helpful. They have a 32 in the one wash but I been jonesin' for the raws for so long I'll have to either wait or go international. Would prefer to get them from the UK really and support my peeps 'dem.

Anyhows they is going back...

Bought a pair of 5010xx 6x6 this weekend when I was in NYC. What's the word on soaking skulls? I did not soak my blacks when I got them because I was under the impression they were sanforized. The sales staff at BiG however told me to give the jeans a soak to get rid of shrinkage. Are the 6x6 not sanforized but the blacks are? Would a soak be a good idea or is it unnecessary?

Thanks!

do the one wash 5010xx fade nicely as 6x6?

Short answer, yes.

Don't bitch out over this Bearded Clam, but as stated before, they have not just "touched water". They have been through (usually several) wash and tumble-dry cycles to shrink. The only major difference is less/no starch, and the leather on some brand's patches can appear different to raw jeans that have just been soaked.

I like raw because I don't ever tumble-dry my jeans anyway, and I like the starch.

That said, raw and one-wash will fade depending on abrasion caused by the wearer, so the way they "fade" is determined more by how they are worn than any other factor.

One wash skulls see some pretty high heat, whether it's from the water or the dryer. I'd wager they're washed more than once. My girlfriend's lindas were one wash; the patch was thrashed from day one, and there was already some roping in the hem. You don't get that from one gentle wash & dry.

That said, they've held up just as well as my raw pair did, and I highly doubt the prewash did anything to durability nor fades.

Here's the e-mails:

thank you for your inquiry.

About the one-wash

one-wash means RAW was just washed with washing machine and tumble dried once :)

we hope you find it informative.

If you would like to know anything more, then please contact us anytime.

Best regards,

FAB FOUR

thank you for your reply.

the water temperature and abrasion is the same as the home machines.

but the dryer is heavy duty industrial machine.

the one wash does show mild abrasion from the "one wash" process and already lost parts of the dye - it is not a soak (which has no mechanical force).

if you are fine with that and want to wash in the machine occasionally anyways, it does not make a difference. buy whatever you prefer. nice fades predictable.

if you do not like washing machine treatment and its effects on the fades of your skulls and prefer to stick exclusively to soaks - do not buy the one wash!

i doubt any negative effect on the durability by the one wash process!

just impulse bought some 5010xx's from SE.

went tts, i want a slim but not too tight fit, true waist 32 but i got biking thighs/glutes.

did i fuck up?

you should look at the 5507 - i have these and i prefer them to the more common place 5010.

i bought one-wash tts 32 but after 4 months stretching could probably have gone with a 31