Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

Supreme3,

I would not size down on 5010 6x6. I would rather go for 5507.

One more thing you should consider is Skull stitching. It's not as strong as Samurais.

ThePhantom

good call. also if you size up to get the fit on the leg they're gonna be too big on the waist and you'll get saggy-butt - go 5507 m'man it'd be cool to see some more varied skull cuts on this thread

Ordered a pair of 5507 yesterday, thinking they'll arrive tomorrow or Saturday. I'm questioning my size choice...

I ordered a size 32, based on the measurements at Self Edge and Blue in Green I thought this would be a good choice, now I'm wondering... I wear a size 32 in APC Rescues, and I'm happy with that fit... Also have 34 Nudie AJ Dry Heavy that also work pretty good for me.

Anyone with experience with these have any thoughts? I'm 6'2", 200 lbs.

I'm thinking these 32's might end up being too tight. I'm not looking for a super tight fit, something a little relaxed...

Thanks for any help!

Ordered a pair of 5507 yesterday, thinking they'll arrive tomorrow or Saturday. I'm questioning my size choice...

I ordered a size 32, based on the measurements at Self Edge and Blue in Green I thought this would be a good choice, now I'm wondering... I wear a size 32 in APC Rescues, and I'm happy with that fit... Also have 34 Nudie AJ Dry Heavy that also work pretty good for me.

I'm thinking these 32's might end up being too tight. I'm not looking for a super tight fit, something a little relaxed...

Thanks for any help!

well skulls will stretch a bit. i sized down one on my pair and i ended up really happy with the fit. however based on the other sizes that you wear in rescues, nudie, etc. this fit will be a whole lot slimmer. who knows though, you might end up liking them that way :)

hate for my first post on sufu to be a what size question but...

i am midway between a 29 and a 30 and want a fairly skinny fit (i have thin legs) and am getting a raw. reckon after a soak the 29s will be stockings or what?

and before telling me to read the thread, i have actually been through the first 350+ pages (not looking for this answer, just finding out about skulls as its better than the same thread on mynudies).

good to see your back btw shinichi. don't often meet people as helpful as you have been!

Edit: dw im just getting the 29s

Thanks for any help!

dude check the 5507 fit-pics i posted like 4 pages back - i'm 6ft and 160lbs. the 5507 in the pics are a 32. on you i would imagine this size would be pretty tight

I'm definitely not skinny... I've got an athletic build so I have somewhat muscular thighs and I don't have a flat ass which makes the seat/waist of the jeans somewhat important.

here's a fit pic of my SEXFH05's in size 31, I consider them borderline too tight, I wouldn't want anything tighter than these

3594444862_f833420bf1_o.jpg

dude check the 5507 fit-pics i posted like 4 pages back - i'm 6ft and 160lbs. the 5507 in the pics are a 32. on you i would imagine this size would be pretty tight

Yeah, I did check those pics, which is pretty much what made me think I made a bad choice. The Blue in Green site says the waist on 32 is 34.5, which made me think I'd be okay, but I'm wondering how accurate that measurement is. I was hoping the 5507 would fit similarly to the APC Rescue, which I also wear in a size 32.

Guess I'll find out soon enough! I assume I'm going to have to exchange, which stinks since BiG seems to be out of size 33 at the moment... Maybe I'd try at 34?

Thanks!

Yeah, I did check those pics, which is pretty much what made me think I made a bad choice. The Blue in Green site says the waist on 32 is 34.5, which made me think I'd be okay, but I'm wondering how accurate that measurement is. I was hoping the 5507 would fit similarly to the APC Rescue, which I also wear in a size 32.

Guess I'll find out soon enough! I assume I'm going to have to exchange, which stinks since BiG seems to be out of size 33 at the moment... Maybe I'd try at 34?

Thanks!

yeah i don't think the BIG measurements are particularly accurate compared to fab four site which are bang-on. they say a 32 raw is actually about a 33. that's obviously irritating for you and it's a mystery to me why retailers don't take their information from the people who actually make the product. i'm certainly not hating on BIG tho cos gordon IS the man and they always do a fine job on hemming my jeans. anyway, my 5507s were one-wash and out of the bag felt very snug, eventually stretching out to what you see in the pics. you can instinctively feel when a pair of jeans are initially tight but basically true to your size. in practical terms, the diff between a 33 and a 34 will be fairly slight imo. but this is sufu right? - people agonize over that shit !

yeah i don't think the BIG measurements are particularly accurate compared to fab four site which are bang-on. they say a 32 raw is actually about a 33. that's obviously irritating for you and it's a mystery to me why retailers don't take their information from the people who actually make the product. i'm certainly not hating on BIG tho cos gordon IS the man and they always do a fine job on hemming my jeans. anyway, my 5507s were one-wash and out of the bag felt very snug, eventually stretching out to what you see in the pics. you can instinctively feel when a pair of jeans are initially tight but basically true to your size. in practical terms, the diff between a 33 and a 34 will be fairly slight imo. but this is sufu right? - people agonize over that shit !

Gordon has been really cool, and quite helpful. I'm gonna give the 34's a try... Maybe I'm a fatter ass then I give myself credit for. If these don't work, I'll wait it out till some 33's are in stock.

Anyway, thanks for the direction.

the upper-thigh measurement(post hot soak) is more important than the ''actual'' waist size. that's why the jeans are made with belt-loops, so that the waist is adjustable, since the upper-thigh is not...everyone has a different waist/thigh ratio, so you can always find the size thats ergonomically best for you.

There's some weird misconception that it's necessary to have the waist stretch to fit when it really isn't important. So you have guys size down one or two thinking the legs will magically stretch two sizes up, but they never do.

And then you have a bunch of guys who aren't as skinny as they think they are, so they aren't buying the right size to begin with.

It probably doesn't help that Baby's First Raw Denim are usually a pair of APCs, which makes people gun shy about ever buying true to size again.

There's some weird misconception that it's necessary to have the waist stretch to fit when it really isn't important. So you have guys size down one or two thinking the legs will magically stretch two sizes up, but they never do.

And then you have a bunch of guys who aren't as skinny as they think they are, so they aren't buying the right size to begin with.

It probably doesn't help that Baby's First Raw Denim are usually a pair of APCs, which makes people gun shy about ever buying true to size again.

Great point about being gun shy about ever buying true to size again... I don't get that whole "vanity sizing" thing... All these measurements, and a person starts to get overwhelmed.

Buying pants online, without being able to try them on in person, is a pain whether it's $35 pants from Wal-Mart or $250 pants from "insert name here", so I understand wanting to get as much info as you can before placing an order... Quality control on these expensive raw denim jeans should be better than cheaper products, but fact is there's variance in measurements all around... Throw in the whole stretching and shrinking, and a whole new can of worms is opened...

Anyway, I really like the look of the Skull Jeans and am hoping I can find some that feel right.

good luck bro.... but just to add - it's interesting to note how aficionado's habits have changed over the years. back in the mid-80s when i got into it, we'd buy several sizes too big on purpose then belt them in at the waist - usually cuffed above the ankle with a pair of steel toe DMs - yikes!!! back then it was red-line levi's and nothing else, so no confusing range of choice. the idea that you would buy a pair of selvedge jeans and wear them skin-tight would have seemed horribly tacky. maybe the skinny trend has complicated things because now everyone wants something very fitted but are scared about dropping 250 bones and winding up with an expensive denim tourniquet LOL! end of the day (dior homme not withstanding) jeans always have been and always will be mass-market work-wear and not some bespoke Saville Row product. people should maybe just accept the random element in that and chill out a bit.